Death FAQ

CoffeeGrunt

6 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Ye but i think we will see more vlozd with red fury and artifact 5:) its  so strong combo imo:) 

I agree it is quite strong. Though for my zombie horde i'll be keeping my ruler of the night/ring of imortality combo as the value is dramatic. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye but i think we will see more vlozd with red fury and artifact 5:) its  so strong combo imo:) 

Yes - we'll see him being pinned by a Fanatic for at least one turn and then getting chaffed up by Bonesplitters or Grots.

It's a road to defeat.

To summarise Death = 5+ ward save or Settra. See my game 1 here:

This is even more true now than Nagash, Mannderp, Neferata and Arkhan cannot even rent 5 wounds from a Tomb Herald.

Settra's probably going on holiday soon as well. 

8 minutes ago, Nico said:

Yes - we'll see him being pinned by a Fanatic for at least one turn and then getting chaffed up by Bonesplitters or Grots.

It's a road to defeat.

To summarise Death = 5+ ward save or Settra. See my game 1 here:

This is even more true now than Nagash, Mannderp, Neferata and Arkhan cannot even rent 5 wounds from a Tomb Herald.

Settra's probably going on holiday soon as well. 

I must say I agree with you, the 5 plus ward save is 'Deaths' big thing. 

It seems that death is all about the grind atm. 

the big positive is our ability to delay hero sniping via mortal wounds by the 5 plus ward, most other armies don't have access to that level of protection. Although they do have the ability to smash us off the table from range.

Yeah range is tough, would definitely be nice to get some summoning that puts us in striking distance out side of Harbingers who seem abit over costed to me. Many of the armies can out melee us by just appearing inside of our units or moving up the board instantly, and shooty armies have that large threat range. Then with the lack of battalions to reduce our number of drops, odds are we'll end up with a rather wasted turn one most games. 

If the Ring of Immortality requires reinforcement points because it is a new unit being set up, that will also mean if your General uses it, once slain and returned he would no longer be your General because it is a new unit for gameplay purposes.

Ye..they are the same..is good because its Faq .. But in my opinionion that ability are written with the intent to be used..I mean the interesting rules of the annointed on flamespyre is that he could come back with a dice roll.. Now who play this model if I have to pay 280x2= 560 points ? And i can put only one in a battle??? That is so usless! 

maybe not a lot noticed, but in "the rules" FAQ, pag. 6 second coloum, Warscroll adn warscroll Battalion, 3° question:

Q: How do you determine what models and units make up a warscroll battalion? When is it based on a keyword and when is it a unit name?

A: When a warscroll battalion is referring to a keyword, it appears in Keyword Bold. Otherwise, it is referring to the name of a unit.

It's really castrating for a lot of warscroll battalions. It means also that ie the Royal Managerie can only be composed of TG and DZ and not the mounted version of them.

Edit:

more I read the FAQ:

Q: The Pitched Battle rules say that I have to include a certain number of Battleline units in my army. If I include them on the roster, can I choose to merge them into a single large unit when I set up?

A: No.

More I find that the zombies can merge. And the merging referring to it its related about a general question to fuse units that you bought separated and not referred to the merging rule. Cause it's referring about the "setting up", so to the deployment, so to avoid some those change the rooster composition.

The RoI change annoys me but I'm disappointed by change to battalions. I was running my FEC Royal Menagerie with a Ghoul King on Terrorgheist, Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon and VL on ZD. Crazy but you could do it. 

Now following the FAQ I can't. Unmounted versions only :( I've not long painted up my third one too! Ah well.

Legion of Death also illegal as there is nothing called just a Wight King. They're called 'Wight King with baleful tomb blade' or with axe.

Such a stupid ruling.

3 minutes ago, NiallJC1984 said:

The RoI change annoys me but I'm disappointed by change to battalions. I was running my FEC Royal Menagerie with a Ghoul King on Terrorgheist, Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon and VL on ZD. Crazy but you could do it. 

Now following the FAQ I can't. Unmounted versions only :( I've not long painted up my third one too! Ah well.

Legion of Death also illegal as there is nothing called just a Wight King. They're called 'Wight King with baleful tomb blade' or with axe.

Such a stupid ruling.

Accc.., I didn't think such a thing... Invalid what written in the same book... awful....

I was feeling the keyword really interesting, so they lose quite a bit of meaning instead

4 hours ago, Sutek said:

I'm not happy with the ruling on the ring but I'm glad it has been FAQ'd so to avoid arguments in the future.

I'll still be causing a fuss about it because that ruling is stupid :-p

But then I rarely play Matched Play because of things like this so it doesn't really matter.

10 hours ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Because you don't use it on your vlozd - you use it on your vampire general on foot. He potentially gets half his wounds back and you retain your command ability to give another unit +1 attack and then another d6 in the hero phase and he can return anywhere on the board 

Or on your wight king with infernal standard, just when your opponent thinks they got rid of the 2 special saves for your block of skellies, up he pops again

The ring is about keeping your command ability

8 hours ago, mmimzie said:

As i've been playing it this way for some time, and am yet still undefeated i think it's quite fine. Been using it on my vampire lord since the generals hand book came out. It's quite worth it for  an average 7 wounds model with a powerful command ability for buffing my zombies. This command ability i'd not have access too if i took too VLs and the one that was my general died. 

On a Vl the ring is quite well worth it because you get your normal would plus you can drink from the cup meaning you'll most likely have full wounds again.  Plus the model is little and can hide well

Well guys... I do see your point but I have a problem with it. I pay points for the model. No matter if its 80 points of 400 points. It means I set up new unit. A unit that is not a unit I've nominated to be my general. So he looses his command ability. He looses his general Trait. 5+ Invul changes back to 6+ (or disappears - I don't remember if it was about being near to hero or general). If I pay points it means my general wasn't restored. We use set-up of new unit, summoning. My glorious leader is dead and I loose his abilities. And if I don't? Then he's just the same guy.  

From tactical point of view I'm fully okay with paying points to have my general live again. Even wounded. But how can any one of you convince me now this is a general and not mindless zombie? (Wight? Vampire?)

8 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Anyone know why our ring cost reinforcement points and flamespyre phoenix with annointed not?:(

I'm not sure who says that. The FAQ says nothing of the sort, like any other "spell or ability [that allows] you to ... replace units that have been destroyed," the Phoenix is totally bound by the Reserves rules like anything else. If it's ability did something in place of being slain (i.e. prevents being slain in some way, like the Sylvaneth relic) then that would be a totally different story.

Really, despite the ruling on the Ring of Immortality stepping on the toes of some people (who decided that the Reserves Rule shouldn't apply to them), the ruling itself is incredibly important for the integrity of the game. GW has now made it very clear that no unit is above the letter of the rules of the game, not the Ring of Immortality, not Kroak, nobody. That is huge for keeping the game from slipping into the rules-lawyering abyss that 40k has become.

People seemed to be having g problems with the zombie merge question as well.

Just because they answered a question about max unit sizes do sent mean it supercedes the existing rule about starting group sizes.

If it were a rule change it would be in the Errata section. Gw just didn't answer the correct question

Archived