Death FAQ

CoffeeGrunt

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like fanatics copped a nerf, can't use them over several turns.

wildwoods also got a small whack.

Im unsure if we can merge battleline units after setup though due to this sentence. 

"The Pitched Battle rules say that I have to include a certain number of Battleline units in my army. If I include them on the roster, can I choose to merge them into a single large unit when I set up?"

A: No. 

Now does owns this relate to the deployment phase, or the hero phase when zombies may merge? 

For me the only real insane change is the Ring.  It makes it all but useless now.  The zombie thing.. were people really trying to make units larger than the max?  I suppose those are the same type of people who took "a few" to mean "a lot" for the Night Goblin guys.  But that ring change... wow.  Talk about a kick in the teeth.  There is literally no reason to bother taking it anymore.

12 minutes ago, Razorfate said:

440 for d3 wounds. Why do not you bring a second model is the question.

Because you don't use it on your vlozd - you use it on your vampire general on foot. He potentially gets half his wounds back and you retain your command ability to give another unit +1 attack and then another d6 in the hero phase and he can return anywhere on the board 

Or on your wight king with infernal standard, just when your opponent thinks they got rid of the 2 special saves for your block of skellies, up he pops again

The ring is about keeping your command ability

2 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Because you don't use it on your vlozd - you use it on your vampire general on foot. He potentially gets half his wounds back and you retain your command ability to give another unit +1 attack.

Or on your wight king with infernal standard, just when your opponent thinks they got rid of the 2 special saves for your block of skellies, up he pops again

The ring is about keeping your command ability

I agree, but rerolls to hit is pretty huge on some of our death models.

Giving that skeleton horde rerolls to hit in deathrattle lists is quite big!

hell any unit in death with rerolls is great.

the VL on ZD was the only model that gave that ability to ANY death unit, so it's a huge hit on a model that most people use as a hammer and a buffer. 

18 minutes ago, wayniac said:

For me the only real insane change is the Ring.  It makes it all but useless now.  The zombie thing.. were people really trying to make units larger than the max?  I suppose those are the same type of people who took "a few" to mean "a lot" for the Night Goblin guys.  But that ring change... wow.  Talk about a kick in the teeth.  There is literally no reason to bother taking it anymore.

Reading the rule would tell you otherwise. max unit size is for list building and has nothing to do with on field abilities so your assumption that we are "the same type of people" is both insulting and rude. 

5 minutes ago, Razorfate said:

Be my guest to use RoI on a 140 pt model who can be one shot by so many armies in a single shooting phase. And what a good use of summonin points, reserving 120 or 140 pts just to ressurect a fragile model...

As i've been playing it this way for some time, and am yet still undefeated i think it's quite fine. Been using it on my vampire lord since the generals hand book came out. It's quite worth it for  an average 7 wounds model with a powerful command ability for buffing my zombies. This command ability i'd not have access too if i took too VLs and the one that was my general died. 

On a Vl the ring is quite well worth it because you get your normal would plus you can drink from the cup meaning you'll most likely have full wounds again.  Plus the model is little and can hide well

Archived