The Painting Contract - June 2024

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for June 2024!

If you don't know the rules, here they are:

• Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be any model for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest or any GW game.
  • On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

I have started working on my Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur - I want to have Seraphon spearhead ready for the new edition. 
Oh, and I need to finish the unit of 10 Saurus Warriors (there’s nit much left to do, so it should be done

IMG_8232.jpeg.415e0dd3b713e9a98899cc4ff7e28550.jpeg

IMG_8233.jpeg.bbc4be4d287e330bab2db26898dee8e6.jpeg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

First job for the month will be to finish off Lascivyr. As you can see, not much to go... 

20240602_112025.jpg.fb83bc3739cfb283743aa83159553fe9.jpg

After that, I'm still working on Glutos and his merry band of miscreants. 

My 'fun' model for the month is this ancient piece of metal. He's another one I've been hanging on to forever! 20240602_111927.jpg.d8d98566f644977702328ea27e35a382.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm going to aim to finish painting these three Ogor characters, I keep putting off the final stages of painting so this is the motivator.

And sculpting wise I'll try to get my Trugg the Troggoth king ready to prime by the end of the month.

PXL_20240508_192255164.MP.jpg

PXL_20240508_192405432.jpg

PXL_20240508_192315919.MP.jpg

PXL_20240602_102215319~2.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Splendid work! I like the bone and purple combination. 

Thanks! I was a little bit unsure when I was doing it, but it turned much better than I was expecting.

I’m going to continue with my wave of Stormcast enthusiasm and paint another 5 Vanquishers. That’ll complete the Yndrasta spearhead.

depending how I go with those, I’ll try to build some Stormdrake Guard.

• Like 1

Finished painting Vilitch - this guy had been on my desk since being released but finally finished him off. I don’t have a Tzeentch army, I guess I’ll call him a Tzeentch marked Exalted Champion for my StDs…

IMG_8241.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Making some goals for the whole of Summer:

• 14 Steelhelms
  • 5 Cavaliers
  • 10 Fusiliers + lugger
  • Marshal + Envoy
  • Alchemite
  • Ironweld Great Cannon
  • Steam Tank Commander
  • Gyrobomber
  • And some repaints of older models and some objective markers as a bonus round maybe
  • Like 2

Needing opinions... I've started painting this chappy, and I'm unsure of what colour to go with on his armour. Robes and sword aside, he's covered in the bone-patterned armour. I was thinking of doing it all gold, but I'm now worried it might be too extreme a look. Could go with a dark iron colour (similar to what I've base-coated him with, but a lot neater). Or I could go with actual bone colour... but is that too necromancer-ish, not Slaanesh enough? 

20240607_205102.jpg.545846b05d50fecf6808407f48cd4983.jpg

Thoughts? 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Needing opinions... I've started painting this chappy, and I'm unsure of what colour to go with on his armour. Robes and sword aside, he's covered in the bone-patterned armour. I was thinking of doing it all gold, but I'm now worried it might be too extreme a look. Could go with a dark iron colour (similar to what I've base-coated him with, but a lot neater). Or I could go with actual bone colour... but is that too necromancer-ish, not Slaanesh enough? 

Thoughts? 

I would go with dark iron, that looks mean (in a cool way) and you still have the robe conveying the Slaaneshy side. Maybe even a slight tint.

Gold would be fine but might be overkill.

Bone definitely says necromancer to me.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Thoughts? 

This might look good. 

https://eavy-archive.com/age-of-sigmar/ossiarch-bonereapers/#mir-kainan923

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Periophtalmus said:

The sisters of the watch are finished.

IMG_5839.jpg.dd626cadfc625cb7a254d32da42161a1.jpg

I won't do the bases for now as I don't have access to the paints needed.

Here is the whole unit with the command group I painted Iast month:

IMG_5840.jpg.e8eccf4f5f6a85a4c6cb61da8714251a.jpg

Time to start working on some skinks.

A very swish job! Nice contrasts between the colours. 

• Like 1

I'm little a late but my plan so far this month is to at least get some steelhelms and a marshal+relic envoy finished, after that If I'm still in the mood to paint CoS I might move on to the cavaliers but those might carry over into next month.