Dawnbringers III - The Long Hunt SPOILER DISCUSSION

KingBrodd

Haven't read the book but just listened to 2+tough Youtube summary of the book. Sounds like a great narrative - I especially found the bits around Kurnoth and Kurnothi exciting. Hearing the description of Deer legged elves with bows in Belthanos ambushing force sounds promising -im hoping not just centaurs but faun types as well. Hopefully this is pointing to a release at some point but perhaps not for some time.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I don’t know what will happens maybe nothing  , maybe the other orruk will get mad at kruleboyz if they know what he did to kragnos and start a war between the warclans , or maybe kragnos will find the other centigor and we will have a new faction with them ? 

I can't see us getting a new centaur race in the near future, but at least GW is seeding the possibility here. I think the short term consequences will more just be breaking up the Kragnos/KB alliance and likely even Kragnos being temporarily removed or incapacitated much like Nagash was as part of bringing the Age of Beasts to an end.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, madmac said:

I can't see us getting a new centaur race in the near future, but at least GW is seeding the possibility here. I think the short term consequences will more just be breaking up the Kragnos/KB alliance and likely even Kragnos being temporarily removed or incapacitated much like Nagash was as part of bringing the Age of Beasts to an end.

I don’t believe we will have a centaur faction neither . I just hint it was a possibility . But something between kragnos and kruleboyz is coming , and this is possibly what can cause the BS to be squatted ? 

2 hours ago, madmac said:

Many KB have symbols after Kragnos (for instance, the boss on Gnashtoof, has an earthquake on the banner). And the KB emerged their swamps to follow him. So, it would be unexpected that them break their alliance...

What do I do with his model if that happens?

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

Many KB have symbols after Kragnos (for instance, the boss on Gnashtoof, has an earthquake on the banner). And the KB emerged their swamps to follow him. So, it would be unexpected that them break their alliance...

What do I do with his model if that happens?

Even kragnos base looks like kruleboyz (or vice versa?)

IMG_6076.jpeg

• Like 3

I could see Kragnos getting weakened and the Orruk Warclans having a bit of a civil war because many Kruleboyz and now Ironjawz truly worship Kragnos and only followed Gobsprakk because he spoke for their god(very much like Morathi & Khaine situation) so if his plans go south and Kragnos rises back up with his lost people they might aim for Gobsprakk’s back next.

6 hours ago, Grunbag said:

or maybe kragnos will find the other centigor and we will have a new faction with them ? 

Centaurs*

Centigors have twisted dragon claw feet where as Kragnos and the Drogrukh have natural cloven hooves as true born creatures of the Realms and not chaos spawn.

d5b084945c9251a843b93ea3c192e1a1.jpg

I hope one day we see even an animal people sub-faction for a Destruction faction. I’m not a fan that every time a beast person shows up everyone wants them tossed in with BoC which severely limits what they can do or stand for with chaos corrupting everything they touch.

With so many God-beasts having been ruling the realms king before Order & Chaos showed up I’d love to see their peoples on the rise again in the Realms which they ruled since primordial times.

Edit: oh, will say I really loved Karazai’s Seraphon strike force.

The description of the Starborne that they were so hastily sent down by Kroak that their physical forms hadn’t fully manifested yet so you see lizard bodies with holes in them where swirling stars & small galaxies appear instead is exactly what I love about the faction being phantasmic Star daemons needing skin suits to interact with the realms.😍🌟

Fan artist “The Thinking Gnu” on Reddit had concepts that fit great with those Starborne.

Seraphon_Concept.jpeg?ex=6560852e&is=654
Seraphon_Concept_2.jpg?ex=6560852e&is=65

Seraphon_Concept_3.jpg?ex=6560852e&is=65

Edited by Baron Klatz

I enjoyed the narrative in this one.  Some random thoughts.

Definately setting things up for the return of Kurnothi.  Although it sounded like Belthanos is the avatar of Kurnoth so we are unlikely to see Kurnoth as a model. 

Interesting that there is the plan to trap Kragnos again, and that Gobsprakk is keen to get rid of him.  The narrative feels like it is picking up.

I also like that Khul is depicted as actually thinking, whereas Vandus is blinded by rage as a result of his re-forgings.  

I like the lead in and will be interesting to see who is covered in the next book as could see arguments for it being either Chaos or Undead (seems like Aquishy is Chaos and Gyran is Undead threatened). 

Keen to see what Asteria and the sacrosact are doing with their search for the Summer King.  Wonder if they're the ones who end up letting him out.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm hoping that essentially Gobsprakk wants to get rid of Kragnos because deep down he is a true follower of Gorkamorka. 

I do wonder if Gordrakks three artifact quest will play into it and they have another go. 

If it happen that would maybe lead to a war between the clans and give a lore reason to squat bonesplitterz . I can’t wait to see what will happen now 

13 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m more excited for the next book (For admittedly obvious reasons) but I will admit that I’m genuinely surprised that they made me not completely ambivalent on Kragnos. 

If they ever re-box him "I'm not completely ambivalent" is being printed on the packaging! 🤣

• Haha 1