Next Faction - What would you like to see?

Gaz Taylor

With the dust settling from the Warlords event and everybody is really excited about Age of Sigmar, I thought I would ask what would you like to see next in the game as a faction and why?

Personally, I would love to see what GW have planned around the Aelf's in the Realm of Shadow and see what direction they take them in. We've had a taster with the Aelf's in the Silver Tower game but that only makes me want to see more! I would love them to be an elite force striking from the shadows but I'm bit concerned this sounds very similar to how the Sylvaneth forces operate.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id still like my steamface duardin idea of mech or bot summoners (like Order necromancers of sorts).

Other than that it would be cool to see something new for death. Something novel. Partly because it feels like it's hard to break new ground with necromancy. The lore of the flesheaters is great but I'd like something more too.

Maybe something 'simple' in concept but difficult in implementation. Like taking units from each other grand alliance and creating a 'dead' version of them with watered down rules and a reduced cost. And ofc the appropriate dead model - not a human.

Maybe death can even repurpose sylvaneth? Like wizened, dead trees.

Edit/ I think the next death faction should be 'All Bone' yeah.

With the focus purely on the next faction (rather than wishlisting) ;) 

I'd love to see Death as a Grand Alliance be expanded upon. It's the one that's seen the least GW love so far but has a lot of potential.  It's also the one GA that seems to have the least sub-factions within it.

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

An army which is an autowin against a gunline.

A Tzeentch army with a spell that deflects shooting attacks in a bubble for example.

I assume you don't entertain 'a stronger gunline' faction.

What about a flying faction? Batriders or warhawks or all disc'd tzeentch. Or wait, is mobility not the problem with a gunline?

I think.. what to call it.. the "Realms Resurgent"? Mortal, realm-dwelling humans. As the timeline now supports the concept of humans beginning to rebuild, so I guess a post-barbarian feel with a nod toward feudal states?

Like a muddy brettonia, but with the focus on foot troops and a few "barbarian" throwbacks, such as hunters or an update to the old Storm of Chaos Ulrican skirmisher unit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

What I seek is a complete base fluff. We know nothing about Shadow and Light realms and I think it would be very interesting a faction from one of those realms. Aelfs are the only race that hasn't got any BT yet so I think they are the perfect candidate. Personally, I would prefer Light aelfs because Dark elves and Wood elves miniatures are already very cool looking and new, whereas high elves miniature are a bit old fashioned.

Human barbarian faction. Possibly two human barbarian factions representing uncorrupted tribes still loyal to Sigmar/order and the Darkoath Chieftain's mates. Both could be mirrors of each other, built from the same kits, with the option to add Chaotic or non Chaotic bling.

I'd love to see a fully fleshed out Deathlords battletome ala Everchosen, with a new plastic Dread Abbysal kit you could make three plus different new Mortarch models out of, maybe backed up by a few extra Mortarchs as clampacks. Krell, Isabella von Carstein and High Queen Khalida would all be obvious candidates for Mortarchs, but it would also be cool to see resurrected versions of some old non undead WFB special characters who died during the End Times now serving Nagash (Eltharion as a wraith, too stubborn to go to the elven afterlife after getting disintegrated by Arkhan would be my top pick).

Re: Existing ranges getting the Flesh Eater Courts treatment: It would be awesome to see the Freeguilds fully developed and fleshed out, hopefully in a way that paints them less as the Imperial Guard to the Stormcast's Space Marines, and more as Rogue Traders.

I'd also like to see corrupted Stormcast somewhere down the line, though not from the obvious place in the big four (who they've been specifically built to be uncomfortable by and who's followers the Celestant-Prime breaks the rule of Chaos by uncorrupting), but from Nagash and the Skaven, both of whom have respectively been pretty keen on getting the Stormcast's souls back in his domain/reverse engineering them.

I've never been a particular fan of Tzeentch but the Tzeentch models from the Silver Tower are fantastic, I particularly love the Tzaangors. I'd love to see a Tzeentch beastmen horde, giant mutated 2 headed griffons, more Tzaangors, Tzaangors with wings, Tzaangor centigors...with wings, mutated griffon hounds pulling a Tzaangor chariot!!!

Gitmob reboot please. Although I'm pretty sure Moonies or spee-yiders would be first.

Deathrattle / Tomb Kings new faction. With the look and feel of Nagash and the Mortarchs. (Similar to the way Ironjawz and Fyreslayers are not new ideas just redone and updated.)

New humies/Aelves. And can they get horses to ride please. (I for one do not want the frilly, renaissance look to the humans either.)

Beastmen reboot. With the quality bar that has been set, these would probably just be awesome!

46 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I'd also like to see corrupted Stormcast somewhere down the line, though not from the obvious place in the big four (who they've been specifically built to be uncomfortable by and who's followers the Celestant-Prime breaks the rule of Chaos by uncorrupting), but from Nagash and the Skaven, both of whom have respectively been pretty keen on getting the Stormcast's souls back in his domain/reverse engineering them.

Do you see the corruption as something Chaos related or something more parasitic where they are a host to something aka The Flood from Halo?

29 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Beastmen reboot. With the quality bar that has been set, these would probably just be awesome!

YES! But I think this will be more of a reboxing than anything and probably combining all the elements in one book.

47 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Gitmob reboot please. Although I'm pretty sure Moonies or spee-yiders would be first.

Deathrattle / Tomb Kings new faction. With the look and feel of Nagash and the Mortarchs. (Similar to the way Ironjawz and Fyreslayers are not new ideas just redone and updated.)

New humies/Aelves. And can they get horses to ride please. (I for one do not want the frilly, renaissance look to the humans either.)

Oh man, I love the renaissance look to Freeguild Guard. But then again, being an art-history geek may make be siding with good o'l Leo's wonderful world.

17 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Do you see the corruption as something Chaos related or something more parasitic where they are a host to something aka The Flood from Halo?

I really just meant 'corrupted' in the broadest possible sense of twisted against/not serving Sigmar anymore. The skaven 'Stormcast' (stormvermin cast?) would be the result of Grey Seer Skurrik vivisecting that poor prosecutor prime that got dreaded 13th'd in Quest for Ghal Maraz, and either stealing the knowledge of the Stormcast creation process and using a twisted version of it on Skaven, or dreaded 13thing more Stormcast (or both); possibly as a bid to topple Archaon/other dominant Chaos powers. Nagash's Stormcast would be the result of Nagash reclaiming Stormcast souls after the reforging process and creating a legion of super-wights, locked in an eternal torture as they're forced to take the passenger seat in their own minds as they cut down scores of innocents, subsumed by the will of Nagash.

Another faction I think it would be neat to see pulled off right would be an order of mysterious mounted warriors formed from Duke Jerrod's remaining Bretonians who travelled back to their homeland from after helping the Empire post Lileath reveal during the End Times and whatever Aborash was up to in Bretonnia at the end of the End Times. They could have a completely different agenda to and often clash with the Stormcast, and be based in the ruins of la Maisontaal Abbey, cosmically powered and traveling the lanes between realms. I have no idea what grand alliance they'd be in!

Love the idea of the Death/twisted themed Stormcast, it's something I've got in the back of my mind to convert up.

I'm not sure who is familiar with the books for A Game of Thrones, but I love the idea of basing an army on Beric Dondarrion. I think he is where they got the idea of the Stormcast Reforging from. A Knight given a quest, who fails but is repeatedly brought back from the dead...though each time he is a little different. Plus I love the Purple Lightning scheme! I've already collected some Stormcast for this...

Corrupted Stormcast could be failed experiments. Like trying to save the twisted souls of Skaven or Orruks? Or maybe those further down the path of reforging who've lost their identity and purpose. 

But despite that. I'd love to see Battletomes containing Spell Lores and Artefacts for Fyreslayers, Flesh Eater Courts, Stormcast, Bloodbound, Pestilens, Ironjawz etc. 

Maybe they could put an extra wound on the Fyreslayers footsoldiers while they're at it? And bring back Runes! Lets throw this beautiful army a lifeline before drowning them further in the arms race of new releases. 

Legions of Eternity.

Settra at the head of a revamped TK range (based on new death aesthetic and not called TK).  He's told Chaos to eff off.  He's defied Nagash. His universe has been turned to dust. His old allies have wussed out.

He needs to sweep through the mortal realms, conquering as he goes, obliterating Chaos, and marching toward Nagash to say "Ok, loser, the time of twerps and bloodsuckers is over.   Kneel before your King."

Archived