The Painting Contract - November 2022

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for November 2022.

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peasant said:

Hi! My 2nd month in a row, I was not able to complete my 10 minis pledge. So I Will adjust my pretensions, here they are:

1 bloodletter

1 tzaangor

1 imperial fist

1 auric hearthguard

0/1 skarbrand! ( Idk if Will be able...)

Good luck fellow painters !

I'm not sure if you did, Nameless One, but you need not feel bad for not completing something that's your hobby! That just means you can enjoy your minis for longer.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • LOVE IT! 2

I finally convinced my freind to have a go at painting last month after he decided he was going to buy up a whole bunch of classic GW boxed games for some reason. By his own admission he hasn't painted anything at all since primary school so has been kind of fun introducing someone new to the hobby and it has really reinvigorated me to paint more.

This month the intention will be to finish off the Nighthaunt army I've been slowly working on this year; need to paint the base rims on approx 3k points of models (blergh!) then just add 10 more bladegheists and Olynder. Will still have plenty of models left to do, but that will cover the bulk of stuff that I actually want to play.

• Like 3

Ok, so I want to paint a count as Eidolon for my Squigdoneth Gitzkin army, a second Akhelian LoonKing, 10 more Thralls and maybe a count as Lothann.

And want to progress / start to sculpt my count as Celestant Prime for my Squigdoneth Gitzkin : a Mega Celestant from Orrukast Eternals !

• Like 2

I have finished the Sons of Velmorn:

1355874898_20221106_1554013.jpg.ef8caae8c6683d72dd5e14bfa8110366.jpg

I have been very excited about these models since they were announced and got them on release. It feels good to quickly finish a project sometimes. Underworlds warbands are very fun to paint in general, because you can just treat them as a handful of characters and don't have to worry about batch painting for efficiency and basing and stuff like that.

1796092615_20221106_1604483.jpg.962a5c81b29cc4fc4572ae701f4ba5b9.jpg

I plan to have the Velmorn and his boys do double duty in Underworlds and Warcry, where I plan to proxy them for regular Grave Guard and run the Sepulchral Guard as Deathrattle Skeletons. To that end I have painted them all in the same style. Hopefully they will get a good AoS warscroll, too.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2