Bonersplitterz in 3rd Edition

Jimmy Bob Jones

10 hours ago, Boggler said:

Come on... You want the Wurrgog to Breath the GG's before they get the Warchanter damage buff AND some Swampcalla Shaman poison MW on 6's before Brutish Cunning Mighty Destroyer move.

We deserve some synergy.

Tru dat! 😁 more more synergy to da boyz!

17 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Currently still in the rough design phase for my 3.0 update.

Would like to know the opinions of " possessed", For example dominated animals used by the spirits to be unwilling vessels of their raw power?

I will say the bonesplittaz are personally a massive missed opportunity with the amount of unused content in AOS 1.0 and continued into 2.0 Warclans book. I know everyone is anxious about the 3.0 Warclans book. My personal delving has been eye opening the past week. 

Hopefully I can provide some content for them as an individual culture they implied them to be in the past.

I have always played Drakkfoot. In 1st edition you were able to summon various Forge World monsters via casting a spell. It was a whopping 10 to cast, but with the various bonuses we could cast the spell fairly reliably. I always loved the Idea of a Wurrgog being able to conjure an incarnate elemental of beasts, and I have always been a little sad that we lost that.

10 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Does anyone know a way i can use a maw-krusha with Savage orruk morboys as a battleline unit? I find the new list building a bit confusing tbh.

You can't do it at 2000 points

MK is too many points to be an ally in BS, which is the only place Morrboys are Battleline

You can run em alongside each other in Big Waaagh, but Morrboys won't be Battleline there

• Like 1

Big shout out to SERA-JANE who took 9th place with this Bonesplitterz list amongst some heavy meta lists: People on the Internet should be talking about you!

Spoiler

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Drakkfoot
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
- General
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz  
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wardokk (85)*
- Artefact: Burnin' Tattooz  
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
Wardokk (85)*
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (85)**
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry

Battleline
20 x Savage Orruks (260)*
- Stikkas
- Reinforced x 1
- Stikkas
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (260)**
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (150)**
10 x Savage Orruks (130)***
- Stikkas

Units
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (110)***

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)
The Burning Head (20)
Purple Sun of Shyish (70)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Vanguard
***Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 208
Drops: 12

https://tabletop.to/justice-series-gt-august-20212

I wonder how he sweated those Wardok's in there for Curse and I guess the Big Stabbas smashed Archaon?

On 8/21/2021 at 8:15 PM, bonzai said:

I have always played Drakkfoot. In 1st edition you were able to summon various Forge World monsters via casting a spell. It was a whopping 10 to cast, but with the various bonuses we could cast the spell fairly reliably. I always loved the Idea of a Wurrgog being able to conjure an incarnate elemental of beasts, and I have always been a little sad that we lost that.

From reading the first edition battletome I gotta say the flavor was there and it had a ton of very unique and individuality that carved their runes into age of sigmar. I feel for those that wanted it in  2.0 and 3.0. 

Thank you for sharing your perspective! It will be an interesting project because I never gave  them much thought before 2.5 AOS. I find myself interested in where they could expand. 

14 hours ago, Boggler said:

Big shout out to SERA-JANE who took 9th place with this Bonesplitterz list amongst some heavy meta lists: People on the Internet should be talking about you!

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Drakkfoot
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
- General
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz  
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wardokk (85)*
- Artefact: Burnin' Tattooz  
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wardokk (85)*
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (85)**
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry

Battleline
- Stikkas
- Reinforced x 1
- Stikkas
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (260)**
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Savage Orruks (130)***
- Stikkas

Units

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)
The Burning Head (20)
Purple Sun of Shyish (70)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Vanguard
***Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 208
Drops: 12

https://tabletop.to/justice-series-gt-august-20212

I wonder how he sweated those Wardok's in there for Curse and I guess the Big Stabbas smashed Archaon?

Thanks for posting this! Wish I could ask some questions... I am curious how the bricks of Stikka's worked out. Did they screen effectively with the new coherency rules? Was 20 plenty and did they hold up well? Would they have rather taken 30 arrowboys instead of the 1 squad of 10 boys? How did the Endless Spells perform?

Edited by bonzai

For sure lots of questions.

It seems to me like a defensive Deathstar.

If I had Gotrek in my meta I would run 20 Arrowboys and hope to kill him in one shot. Even if he had look out Sir and All Out Defense you can buff yourself enough to make the shots count. Drakkfoot doesn't care about Gotrek's golden lion armor obviously.

15 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Drakkfoot + curse is a very nasty combo, if you get the 4+ payer the target is well and truely doomed.
Do get the sneaking suspicious that both Drakkfoot and Wardoks are going to get seriously changed in the new tomb though.

I hope they somewhat keep the drakfoot spirit intact. Maybe we get a anti save staking or maybe we keep the anti ward. As for the wardok I hope the keep the scroll and priest keyword and just bump the cost a little

On 8/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, cplhicks said:

As per the new FAQ the Rogue Idol is still legal and has been bumped to 430 and picked up the Kruelboyz and Totem keywords.   I was worried they would become legends as I have 2 of them!

Rocks are back on the menu boyz!

Yeah Kruelboys is now suprise but totem is a nice little boost. (Mainly ability is issue orders to itself and big stabbas).

With the new Kruelboys spell a rogue idol can theoretical go flying 40" before charging (breath of Mork + bonus  move).  Great for hammering the back line turn 1.

Has anyone tried out exploiting Cogs with Bonesplittas?  We have a lot of good spells and wizards, so it seems silly not too.

I'm thinking something along the lines of

Prophet 

Weirdnob

2 Wardocs

Rogue Idol

30 Arrow boys

30 Stabba boys

2* 5 Boarboys

Cogs

Command Entourage (Spell enhancement)

Battle Regiment 

So 4 drops, 3 big units to buffs and throwing out up to 9 spells a turn.  Could even go clanless for Master of Magic and Boney Bits on the Prophet.  Obviously will suffer against Naggash, Teclis or Tzeentch, but should hold it's own against other magic heavy armies.

What reason would someone have for playing a unit of 2x big stabbas over 10x savage orruks?  

Edit: Also, i am thinking of building this list for fun.

LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (170) - General - Lore of the Savage Beast
Hedrakka, Gob of Mork (235) - Lore of the Savage Beast

UNITS
20 x Savage Orruk Morboys (260)
10 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (130)
3 x Hedrakka's Madmob (0)

BEHEMOTHS
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200) - Allies

TOTAL: 995/1000 WOUNDS: 88

Edited by Iksdee

On 8/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, Lucyferiusz said:

Remember guys that Darkkfoot's ability to ignore ward saves works against wounds and not mortal wounds.

Wardokks seem too good to be left the same, but man can dream 🙂

But mortal wounds are a type of wound.  The core rules even specify that they are treated as wounds for all rules purposes.

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

What reason would someone have for playing a unit of 2x big stabbas over 10x savage orruks?  

Completely different units. 

10 Savage Orruks is hard to move but poor damage output (especially with all the sill saves around at the moment).

Big Stabbas are easier to kill but also cheaper, faster (run and charge), have 3" range, one of our few sources of rend and excel in a monster heavy meta. On the table they are the best answer we have to a lot problematic units (Archeon, Naggash, Mawcrushas, Stonehorns etc). Personally I prefer units of 4 to make sure they kill what they hit (and mimise losses) but if properly protected, units of 2 can do some work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

10 Savage Orruks is hard to move but poor damage output (especially with all the sill saves around at the moment).

Big Stabbas are easier to kill but also cheaper, faster (run and charge), have 3" range, one of our few sources of rend and excel in a monster heavy meta. On the table they are the best answer we have to a lot problematic units (Archeon, Naggash, Mawcrushas, Stonehorns etc). Personally I prefer units of 4 to make sure they kill what they hit (and mimise losses) but if properly protected, units of 2 can do some work.

Would that be the same case for arrowboyz?

8 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Would that be the same case for arrowboyz?

As long as you have 20 of them (to get the extra shot) Arrowboyz are in a better position than normal Orruks as the ranged attacks let you choose squishy targets more easily and the conditional -1 rend is really handy with the amount of monster around.  They are also less impacted by the change in coherency rules that reduces the effectiveness of Morboyz and normal Orruks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

But mortal wounds are a type of wound.  The core rules even specify that they are treated as wounds for all rules purposes.

But if an ability specifies wounds and does not specify mortal wounds, then the ability will not work vs mortal wounds.  They specify wounds and mortal wounds in abilities very consistently now, if that was GW's intent.  I'm not an Orruks player (yet) but just caught the thread here.

That bit on page 72 of the GHB2021 looks to be referring to the time and order of allocation of mortal wounds.

6 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

But if an ability specifies wounds and does not specify mortal wounds, then the ability will not work vs mortal wounds.  They specify wounds and mortal wounds in abilities very consistently now, if that was GW's intent.  I'm not an Orruks player (yet) but just caught the thread here.

That bit on page 72 of the GHB2021 looks to be referring to the time and order of allocation of mortal wounds.

I'm not sure where you are getting this ambiguity from, the only reference I can find in the rules about the relationship between wound and mortal wounds is p16 of the core rules (also on p72 of the GHB21): "Mortal wounds are allocated in the same way as wounds and treated in the same manner as wounds for rules purposes". Seems very clear to me.

While it's true that they tend to call out mortal wounds specifically, the rules as written are clear.  Rules as intended are anyone's guess as it could be there is a mistake in the core rules (mortal wounds should not be treated as wounds) or a mistake in the Orruk Warclans book (they forgot to call out mortal wounds specifically), but it's just guess work suggesting it's one or the other.   Hopefully the new book with squash any hint of ambiguity.

I always played Drakkfoot as it doesnt bypass mortal wound ignore abilities. This is somewhat debatable, but in case of these situations I prefer to take a reserved stand. It is also noteable that GW tend to be very specific when it comes to wounds and mortal wounds and there is also precedent to clearly differentiate btw wound and mortal wounds in relation to ignore abilities. See for instance the Haggnar command trait:

"The Fanatical Faith battle trait (pg 61) negates a wound allocated to a friendly HAGG NAR DAUGHTERS OF KHAINE model on a 5+ instead of a 6"

People were playing this wrong for a very long time, rolling the 5+ against mortals too (as the default 6+ works against mortals as well), but the faq clarified it works only against normal wounds. This is of course not giving a 100% clarificarion for the Drakkfoot ability but I'd say it is a quite good reference point.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I'm not sure where you are getting this ambiguity from, the only reference I can find in the rules about the relationship between wound and mortal wounds is p16 of the core rules (also on p72 of the GHB21): "Mortal wounds are allocated in the same way as wounds and treated in the same manner as wounds for rules purposes". Seems very clear to me.

While it's true that they tend to call out mortal wounds specifically, the rules as written are clear.  Rules as intended are anyone's guess as it could be there is a mistake in the core rules (mortal wounds should not be treated as wounds) or a mistake in the Orruk Warclans book (they forgot to call out mortal wounds specifically), but it's just guess work suggesting it's one or the other.   Hopefully the new book with squash any hint of ambiguity.

Here's why I think that (from page 2 of the Core Rules FAQ):

mortal wound FAQ.JPG

• Like 2

So.... I saw the preview on face Hammer. I only looked at the Bonesplitterz sections and well.... I am not impressed. It's not that there are terrible.. In fact we have gained a few things. The problem is that for every small gain they got, they lost something important. Examples?

We gained army wide double hits on 6's, which is admittedly powerful. However we lost all of our beast hunter rules. Let me say that again.... In the monster focused edition, the faction that is all about hunting monsters, has lost it's primary monster hunting rule. Exploding 6's is probably more generally useful, but monster hunters was an important flavor element to the army. Our waaagh is kind of a wash, training offense (+1 or +2 attacks) for defense (4+ ward) for a single round per game.

Our comand traits and artifacts have been stripped down. Our spell Lore has been universally nerfed. Firstly we only get 4 spells now. Squiggly curse no longer does a d6 on doubles, Gorka Morka warcry no longer deals damage. We have the nerfed version of Brutal Beast Spirits, and spell that gives rend to a units mounts. That's it.

Bonegrinz are +1 to Arrow Boys attacks, but you now have no way to improve their hit rolls. So they are probably the weakest subfaction. Icebones get mortal wounds on wound rolls of 6, which combo's with the double hits on a 6 rule. This clearly makes Icebones the stand out pick in the army. Lastly Drakkfoot now flat out negate ward saves. Which is nice, but unless they get changed it won't effect deathless saves and such.

Wurrgog has been nerfed. He no longer gets the improved ward, command point generation, or penalties to hit. Instead he gets the old mask artifact. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun item. The problem is that if you use it you give up casting that round, which is the main reason you take a wurrgog in the first place. Wardokks have lost their priest tag, which was the single biggest gain our army had this edition.

Point wise it has some wierd changes. Our Heroes went down in points but our battle lines got increased. 165 points for 10 Savage Orruks? Why?

Like I said, it is a real mixed bag. Icebones are the winners here. It looks like we have gone from the Arrow Meta to the Boar Meta, but we will see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bonzai said:

Which is nice, but unless they get changed it won't effect deathless saves and such.

All abilities that negate wounds are Wards now:

14.3 – Wards Replace the paragraph with the following: ‘Some abilities allow you to roll a dice to negate a wound or mortal wound. Abilities of this type are referred to as wards, and the dice roll is referred to as a ward roll. Unless stated otherwise, the ward roll is made before the wound is allocated to the model in question. Up to 1 ward roll can be made for each wound or mortal wound. If the ward roll is successful, the wound or mortal wound is negated and has no effect on the model.’

Drakkfoot should pass over deathless minions and all this kind of stuff.

• Like 1