AoS 3rd - Idoneth Deepkin discussion

HollowHills

4 minutes ago, woolf said:

eg Fyreslayers should have come across this I suppose so their players should know?

Yes, All first strike effects take place. Then normal fight takes place. These are separate instances and I will give two examples below, actual examples that happened in a tournament. Essentially, the combat phase splits into three mini-phases and if a player with one first-strike unit can activate it and then their regular combat phase units in succession, essentially fighting twice in a row. Yes this was a thing constantly used by Fyreslayers.

Example 1: Fyreslayers vs. Stonehorn  (both previous tomes, but with 3.0 rule set).

Hearthguard berserkers charge a group of Ogors. A CP is spent by the Fyreslayers play giving the berserkers first-strike. The Hearthguard berserks with the first-strike effect fight. The first-strike mini-phase is now over. The Fyreslayers then choose another unit to fight as they enter normal combat phase.

Example 2: Fyreslayers vs. IDK

Hearthguard berserkers charge Eels. It is round 3 and the Eels have first strike. A CP is spent by the Fyreslayers play giving the berserkers first-strike. The Berserkers activate as the FS player has priority, then the rest of the IDK army activates, then the Fyreslayers finish activation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sry but this rule is pretty clear. I never heard of any player who had a problem with this rule Oo

Units with strike first ability fight alternate beginning with the Player which turn it is. After that the „normal“ combat Phase starts alternate beginning with the Player which turn it is. And so on….

No need for a FAQ.

• Like 3

I swear I saw this being addressed in a FAQ somewhere before. But I could be confused with 40k…  I will not post what I saw until I actually find it again. xD Don’t want to kick a hornet nest. For now I personally would go with the priority having guy being able to choose, because of the several “official” mentions here. Although the best one was from 2.0… I’ll dive into it and if I can’t find it I’ll mail GW. Can we… move on?

Edited by That Guy

14 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

Bio-Shock Shell seems like a great artefact

oh wow yeah it absolutely does. I'm not a huge fan of "random" things but this artifact deserves a more in depth examination.

Stipulation 1: Roll has to be ABOVE target's bravery

Stipulation 2: Target has to be enemy HERO

Stipulation 3: Target has to be within 9" (and visible but literally nobody cares about that)

If target's bravery is ...., % chance to make them asl is ....

7: 90.7%

8: 74%

9: 62%

10: 50%

Here's a non-comprehensive list of the heroes you'll most likely be worried about alpha striking off your stuff.

Bravery 7: Mega Gargants, Shaggoth, Breaka Boss

Bravery 8: Mawkrushas, Knight Draconis

Bravery 9: Frostlords on Stonehorn, Lord Celestant, Durthu

Bravery 10: Archaon, Big DemonsBlender Kings (mirror match is a thing), GA Death, Karazai, Yndrasta, 

So, if you're thinking that you may need extra assistance against these big bois, some additional stuff to consider: Sons of Behemat is basically a 2-4 drop army. If you're a 1 drop, you'll control turn order and won't need to worry about being alpha striked quite as much. You can also reliably use a boat to control the placement of them big ol' fat based gargs. 

Mawkrushas are very spooky and stopping their alpha strike is super important. This is an excellent artifact against them

At Bravery 10, I start to get a little jittery because I hate 50% chances. That being said, I LOVE making opponents play around stuff, and this can really mess with people. That being said, you can still use a boat to block off charging avenues for these fat based bois, and the chance to chuck down a second boat can absolutely close off entire areas of the board to armies. 

So I would see this more as a fun flex option to help with specifically the Ironjawz matchup if you think you'll run into a lot of those alpha strike lists. BUT BUT BUT, 20 thralls by a turtle on turn 1 with a thrallmaster nearby (something that's gonna be a pretty common sight in many deepkin armies) will already tank a juiced gatebreaker and then smack it back for a buncha wounds. 

Another sneaky trick out there is that it's actually super easy to give your thralls a 5+ ward save in turn 1 using Tactical Boat Deployment. If you deploy your thralls in 2 ranks, with the back rank being 1" in front of the boat , your whole unit can easily be within 6" of the boat and any enemies that hit your front rank will not be within 3" to shut down the boat, which means that your whole unit (and also army) gets a 5+ save. For bonus joy, deploy 10 reavers in that boat for a basically automatic full unit stand and shoot at +2 to hit (turtle and range bonus). If you're concerned about people moving around the boat, just deploy in a crescent to stop that nonsense and guaranteeing your little screen is at a 3+*/5+ and -1 to be wounded in cc. At that point you'll tank basically anything. Oh also the boat stops people from hurdling the thrall screen and getting into your juicy backlines. 

tttttttttthralls

tttttttttthralls 

booattt

thrallmaster, turtle, all your characters

For the argument about strikes first:

Core rules, 12.4 and 12.5 go into strike-first and strike-last effects.  Here are those rules:

12.4 STRIKE-FIRST AND STRIKE-LAST EFFECTS Some abilities have an effect that allows a unit to fight at either the start or the end of the combat phase. These effects are called strikefirst effects and strike-last effects respectively. The rules in sections 1.6.1-1.6.3 do not apply to these effects: use the rules here instead. If a strike-first effect applies to any units, those units fight before all other units fight. If a strike-last effect applies to any units, those units fight after all other units fight. If a strike-first effect applies to units from both players’ armies, the players alternate fighting with those units, starting with the player whose turn it is. Similarly, if a strike-last effect applies to units from both players’ armies, the players alternate fighting with those units, starting with the player whose turn it is. If a strike-first effect and a strike-last effect apply to the same unit at the same time, then they cancel each other out and neither effect applies to that unit.

12.5 STRIKE-FIRST AND STRIKE-LAST SEQUENCING
1. Start of combat phase abilities are used
2. Units with strike-first effects attack
3. Units without strike-first/strike-last effects attack
4. Units with strike-last effects attack
5. End of combat phase abilities are used

Here are the examples from the core rules:

Example: The player whose turn is taking place has two units with strike-first effects (units A and B) and one with a strike-last effect (unit C), while their opponent has one unit with a strike-first effect (unit D) and two units with no strike-first or strike-last effects (units E and F). The players alternate fighting with the strike-first units, starting with the player whose turn is taking place, so unit A fights, then unit D, and then unit B. Next, units with no strike-first or strike-last effects fight, so units E and F fight. Finally units with strike-last effects fight, so unit C fights.

---------------

I am seeing no ambiguity here in the core rules that would make someone think that if an Idoneth player has 2 units, 1 with fight first, that their opponent would be able to swing before the idoneth player finishes attacking with their 2 units.  The rules rather explicitly lay out that there are 5 phases of sequencing in the combat phase.  This is also not the first time that "strikes-first" effects have appeared in gameplay, with the most common case of it probably being the Daemon Prince which has "strike-first" on its warscroll.  Every time a daemon prince has attacked on its players turn, it has been used to have the daemon prince go, then another unit from the daemon prince's army go, before the defender gets to go with a unit in their army.  This sets a rather compelling precedent that that is how the rules should work out.

• Thanks 3

Moving on from the silly combat sequencing argument… the new warscrolls are up on the WH AoS app so list build away my friends. 

I think I may be copying a list earlier, but I’m thinking of my first build for game one with the new book… 

I’m not really sure on Command Traits/Artefact but I’ll wait till I get the book in hand on Saturday to decide.  

Nautilar

Tidecaster 

Akhelian King

10 Thralls

10 Thralls 

10 Reavers 

2 Sharks w/Harpoons

2 Sharks w/Harpoons

Leviadon

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

Moving on from the silly combat sequencing argument… the new warscrolls are up on the WH AoS app so list build away my friends. 

I think I may be copying a list earlier, but I’m thinking of my first build for game one with the new book… 

I’m not really sure on Command Traits/Artefact but I’ll wait till I get the book in hand on Saturday to decide.  

Nautilar

Tidecaster 

Akhelian King

10 Thralls

10 Thralls 

10 Reavers 

2 Sharks w/Harpoons

2 Sharks w/Harpoons

Leviadon

Looking good bud! A nice variety of units. You could consider to bring the thralls together as 20, since you have a nice amount of range on their melee weapons(2") now and if you hit the strike first for 2 units on the king, you can affect the entire 20 of them. You have a decent amount of units to cap points already and contest. Your turtle will be battleline, so you don't need to run 3 seperate namarti units. I highly suggest going with Unstoppable Fury on the King, with Voidchill Darkness for trait and mount trait, for a massive first striking king that has a lot of attacks, and is -1 to hit in combat. You could go further and give him the potion artefact or an Arcane tome with flaming weapons to amplify this massive smash king. You can also consider going for the scroll on the Tidecaster instead and summon a second boat, only your namarti will benefit though, but it does allow you to drop 1 further up the board. It also depends if you even have a second boat... 

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Looking good bud! A nice variety of units. You could consider to bring the thralls together as 20, since you have a nice amount of range on their melee weapons(2") now and if you hit the strike first for 2 units on the king, you can affect the entire 20 of them. You have a decent amount of units to cap points already and contest. Your turtle will be battleline, so you don't need to run 3 seperate namarti units. I highly suggest going with Unstoppable Fury on the King, with Voidchill Darkness for trait and mount trait, for a massive first striking king that has a lot of attacks, and is -1 to hit in combat. You could go further and give him the potion artefact or an Arcane tome with flaming weapons to amplify this massive smash king. You can also consider going for the scroll on the Tidecaster instead and summon a second boat, only your namarti will benefit though, but it does allow you to drop 1 further up the board. It also depends if you even have a second boat... 

thanks for the advice!  After the initial review of the new book one thing that just now stuck out to me is we did not play the objective game well in the transition into 3.0.  We have no objective shenanigans, and I think that change hits the Akhelian Guard really hard in 3.0, and more so in the new tome with the scrolls/points of Ishlaen/Morrsarr.  

this list has some footslogging bodies and a few heavy hitters , King, Sharks, Turtle to do be mobile and do work on enemy territory.  

I’ll check out those artifacts, I guess Unstoppable Fury does make sense on the King now when you can double dip High Tide.  So good haha. 

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I have a feeling that you would love playing the skaven,

yes-yes

https://www.facebook.com/MiniaturesByCarl/photos/a.800128144714069/800086034718280

https://www.facebook.com/MiniaturesByCarl/photos/a.795755278484689/795740288486188

https://www.facebook.com/MiniaturesByCarl/photos/a.751228386270712/751198406273710

https://www.facebook.com/MiniaturesByCarl/photos/a.751195832940634/751168002943417

A small collection of some of my skaven batreps haha. I think I have like 6-8 on that page? I looooove skaven lol. But not as much as deepkin! 

55 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

Unstoppable Fury does make sense on the King

It's so unbelievably good omg. 

• Like 1

So I‘ve been playing around with building an army.

I struggle to ever add a leviadon. I really struggle with eels - honestly, they‘re just bad imo. You get 12 wounds with a bad save and mediocre damage for 200 pts - what.

Overall I find myself overcommiting on heroes and Namarti. They seem to be the backbone of the army while the rest is nice to have but not good enough to justify.

I mostly gravitate to some version of the list below (I need to play them more in order to refine my list)

Army Faction: Idoneth Deepkin
    - Grand Strategy: Namarti Assault
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

Akhelian Thrallmaster (110)

Akhelian King (250)
    - Bladed Polearm and Falchion
    - Mount Traits: Voidchill Darkness

Isharann Tidecaster (150)

Eidolon of Mathlann Aspect of the Sea (325)
    - General
    - Command Traits: Endless Sea Storm

BATTLELINE

Namarti Reavers (170)

2 x Namarti Thralls (390)

Namarti Reavers (170)

ENDLESS SPELL

Chronomantic Cogs (45)

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

OTHER

Akhelian Allopexes (165)
    - Razorshell Harpoon Launcher, Barbed Hooks and Blades

Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (195)

TOTAL POINTS: (1970/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I struggle to ever add a leviadon

Probably only worth the points if you go really all in with Namarti. At least the  +1 to hit is about the only buff that still applies to Reavers as well. But otherwise it will be hard to redeem those 500 points.

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I really struggle with eels - honestly, they‘re just bad imo.

Ishlaen might still have a place screening and stalling units with high rend attacks. Screening the shooting I guess they have run their course. At a 4+ save (unless against "unleash hell" when they charged) they will die pretty quickly and other units with "allout defense" and/or mystic shield and with Namarti the boat are more tanky.

Morsarr my be seeing some renaissance. With the Ionrach heoric action you could make sure that one unit get's to charge every round and can use the improved profile on the spears. We won't go back to spamming them but one unit of 6-9 might be doing something.

Edited by DocKeule

So i've been wanting to do this for a bit but i'd honestly like to keep a compilation of some possible builds for the different sub-factions. Now I wonder if perhaps in the future we can have a specific topic for that, because it will get washed away in the freeform topics like these. Either way I could always upload it from time to time... currently I feature a few of @vinnyt lists(with a few tweaks here and there, because I prefer a few different choices than he did(let me know if you like them buddy)). I add lists of my own as well of course. Let us start for now covering Dhom-Hain, Fuethán and Nautilar. Of course over time I like to add the others and more of the same! I'm still looking for a build that includes both Volturnos and a King or a build using the Eidolon of the Storm (I honestly starting to like the sea eidolon more this edition). EDIT: I was wrong about 1 of @vinnyt lists, leviadons become battleline and do lose the behemoth status, therefore they become troops in battalions and therefore you can actually make the 1drop list.

Dhom-Hain:
Namarti Corps trying to get the best of several aura abilities and hero shenanigans, all stacking on top of each other. Thrallmaster goes with the blob of 20 thralls, the same for Lotann. backed up by a blob of 20 Reavers. The king can influence himself, the 20 blob of Thralls and the Leviadon at best with strike first. Once per battle you can even make a unit benefit from 3 tides at the same time, with Lotann. Dropping a second boat up the board will allow you to have 2 zones of massive resilience. 

Spoiler

- Army Subfaction: Dhom-Hain
    - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
    - Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADER

Akhelian King (250)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Unstoppable Fury

Akhelian Thrallmaster (110)*

Isharann Tidecaster (150)**
    - Artefacts: Rune of the Surging Gloomtide
    - Spells: Counter-current

Lotann (115)**

BATTLELINE

1 x Namarti Thralls (260)*

Namarti Thralls (130)*

Namarti Thralls (130)**

1 x Namarti Reavers (340)**

BEHEMOTH

Akhelian Leviadon (500)*
    - Mount Traits: Ancient

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1985/2000)

Namarti Corps V2 is perhaps a bit more of an experiment. Running 2 Thrallmasters allows you to mix fighting stances or buff 2 seperate blobs of Thralls. We are missing the tidecaster here, but with Lotann you do have a tide boost and tide grant. It is unfortunate not to have any more spells. It is unfortunate not being able to drop a second boat, but instead the King is able to become more killier.  Unfortunately all the Dhom-Hain lists ended up being a 2drop. 

Spoiler

- Army Subfaction: Dhom-Hain

LEADER

Akhelian Thrallmaster (110)*

Lotann (115)*

Akhelian King (250)**
    - General
    - Artefacts: Arcane Tome
    - Spells: Flaming Weapon

Akhelian Thrallmaster (110)**

BATTLELINE

Namarti Reavers (170)*

1 x Namarti Thralls (260)**

Namarti Reavers (170)**

BEHEMOTH

Akhelian Leviadon (500)*

ENDLESS SPELL

Chronomantic Cogs (45)

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1990/2000)

Fuethán:
The Shark and the Eel. In this list we include Volturnos who will hang with the Eels, while the allopexes push towards objectives. The Tidecaster will let us double dip Tides and Reverse the tides for a massive aggressive approach earlier on in the game. The Morsarr guard are most effective when they are used in MSU nowadays, because of their shock ability. Volturnos can still effect both riders and mounts with his +1 attack ability. The +1 to hit ability will be best utilized by aggressively charging with the killer eels. I feel the killer eels do best when combined with Volturnos. EDIT: Since Volturnos is a warmaster Akhelian hero. He will always make your eels battleline, so by adding him you can have a different kind of general, while also making eels battleline.

Spoiler

- Army Subfaction: Fuethán
    - Grand Strategy: Akhelian Pursuit

LEADER

Volturnos (290)*

Isharann Tidecaster (150)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Teachings of the Túrscoll
    - Artefacts: Any( Gloomtide for some screening, Dritchleech vs Magic Heavy, Barnacle(most likely since not many units benefit from the boat in this list))

BATTLELINE

2 x Akhelian Allopexes (495)*

Akhelian Allopexes (165)*
    - Retarius Net Launcher, Barbed Hooks and Blades

Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (195)*

Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (195)*

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1985/2000)

Sharks and the Dragons. Maximize on shark champions and push with a very smashy king. Double dip with the tidecaster once more. The Emerald Lifeswarm can keep critical wounded units alive, but the real sauce is in the Chronomantic cogs. Boosting the Flood Tide combined with the Chronomantic cogs boosts your run move by +2. The dragons are a great mortal source, Monsters, and just as survivable as sharks. UPDATE: The battlescroll update mid march 2022 introduced Priority targets and Prime Hunter Armies. Some of the more succesful units in the game have been named Priority target units and they are worth 1VP if killed, or 2VP if reinforced. An additional VP is scored for someone making the kill with a unit from a Prime Hunter army. The dragons are a Priority target and therefore perhaps it's smarter to take an annointed on phoenix instead. 

Spoiler

LEADER

Akhelian King (250)*
    - General

BATTLELINE

1 x Akhelian Allopexes (330)*

Akhelian Allopexes (165)*

ENDLESS SPELL

Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Chronomantic Cogs (45)

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

OTHER

Stormdrake Guard (340)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (2000/2000)

Shark Invested Waters. When you just really want to show people that you like sharks, you just add more.  This list utilizes the Bloodthirsty shiver to adaptively hit flanks with movement shenanigans into combat, while one of them can take an extra hard chomp. 

Spoiler

LEADER

Akhelian King (250)*
    - General

Lotann (115)*

BATTLELINE

Akhelian Allopexes (Bloodthirsty Shiver) (165)*

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (2000/2000)

Nautilar:
Aspect of the Turtle. A nice utilization of multiple turtles. Eidolon of the Sea together with the Lifeswarm and Cloying Sea Mists can massively heal a unit. The Aspect of the Sea together with Endless Sea Storm will probably be our best shot at utilizing our lores to the fullest. It can also keep beefy units(plenty of those around in this list) alive for long, deal damage through magic and utilize ranged attacks. 

Spoiler

- Army Subfaction: Nautilar

LEADER

Eidolon of Mathlann Aspect of the Sea (325)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Endless Sea Storm

Akhelian King (250)*

BATTLELINE

Akhelian Leviadon (500)*

Akhelian Leviadon (500)*

1x Namarti Reavers (340)*

ENDLESS SPELL

Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1975/2000)

Combined arms. Nautilar is probably 1 of the best sub-factions if you want a nice variety of units within the idoneth deepkin range if you also plan to include the turtle. This list honestly works similar to a Dhom-Hain list, except the Leviadon "cuts" a bit harder and you'll have some beefy backup with the sharks. Like @vinnyt said before, you can even include some dragons instead of the second shark unit. Drop that second boat and let your Namarti utilize it to its fullest. 

Spoiler

- Army Subfaction: Nautilar
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

Akhelian King (250)*
    - General

- Artefacts: Rune of the Surging Gloomtide

BATTLELINE

Namarti Reavers (170)*

Akhelian Leviadon (500)*

TERRAIN

Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)

OTHER

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1990/2000)

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, That Guy said:

The Shark and the Eel.

oooooh I like this list a LOT! Would pretty much always go with regular blender king over volturnos if you're only taking one. 

I still think nautilar is gonna end up being the most successful enclave since deepkin tend to struggle against high armor and a rend -3 turtle that can't be stopped by hunters of the heartland is just so powerful. 

But yeah, this book has a lot of viable builds and I think there will be even more uncovered once folks start getting some games in. 

• Like 1

Some nice lists there. I'm excited to start trying stuff out.

Turtle in Nautilar is how I think I'll run it. 

But for ultra aggro I think the below could be decent, throwing in 6 Morrsarr after listening to the Warhammer Weekly podcast.

- Army Faction: Idoneth Deepkin
     - Subfaction: Ionrach
     - Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Akhelian King (250)*
     - General
     - Artefacts of Power: Armour of the Cythai
Eidolon of Mathlann Aspect of the Sea (325)*
     - Spells: Steed of Tides
Lotann (115)*
BATTLELINE
10 x Namarti Thralls (130)*
10 x Namarti Thralls (130)*
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (390)*
OTHER
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (330)*
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (330)*
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  *Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

That's the general outline. Grand Strategy to be determined, could swap to Arcane Tome instead of Armour. 

Edited by Liquidsteel
  • Like 1

Talking about Warhammer Weekly… for those who are hesitant about the power of the book. Or for those that just want to see an outside perspective, but also a professional one. Do yourself a favour. Watch/Listen to the podcast. You could skip the first 30min or so, it really starts after that. Here’s the link. I know it’s long… do it during your hobbying. Let your doubts be washed away or confirmed. Very solid coverage on the faction. https://youtu.be/Fmi_UJ8ZHUE

I switched my list for the TTS League a little after reconsidering the Ishlaen Guard.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Ionrach
- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Akhelian King (250)*
- General
- Bladed Polearm
- Command Trait: Unstoppable Fury
- Mount Trait: Voidchill Darkness
Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers (115)*
Isharann Tidecaster (150)*
- Artefact: Rune of the Surging Gloomtide
- Lore of the Deeps: Steed of Tides

Battleline
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (390)**
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Namarti Thralls (130)*

Units
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (330)**
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Reinforced x 1
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Reinforced x 1
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (165)*
- Retarius Net Launcher

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 101
Drops: 4

Also I want to go all in on Namarti in a local game against Sylvaneth in the next couple of days.

Spoiler

Akhelian King - 250
Thrallmaster - 110
Thrallmaster - 110
Tidecaster - 150
Lotann - 115

20 Namarti Thralls - 260
20 Namarti Thralls - 260
10 Namarti Reavers - 170
10 Namarti Reavers - 170

Leviadon - 500

2095/2000

I am still 95 points heavy. I have already dropped 10 Reavers and I don't want to cut more Namarti. Also I would like to keep both Thrallmasters to have one with each block of thralls and ideally even get two effects on one or both units.

So it's down to King (and bring a Soulrender instead), Tidecaster or Lotann.

Edited by DocKeule
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, DocKeule said:

I switched my list for the TTS League a little after reconsidering the Ishlaen Guard.

Hide contents

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Ionrach
- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Akhelian King (250)*
- General
- Bladed Polearm
- Command Trait: Unstoppable Fury
- Mount Trait: Voidchill Darkness
Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers (115)*
Isharann Tidecaster (150)*
- Artefact: Rune of the Surging Gloomtide
- Lore of the Deeps: Steed of Tides

Battleline
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (390)**
- Reinforced x 1

Units
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Reinforced x 1
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Reinforced x 1
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (165)*
- Retarius Net Launcher

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 101
Drops: 4

Very solid list my good sir. After I saw the weekly, Ionrach will definitely be written next. I already had a feeling it would be the shenanigan sub-faction. Great to see it flare up after some discussion. I was already looking at the Morssarr Guard instead of the Ishlaen. We are a very glasscannon type of army and while we do have a bunch of crazy defensive options, we have to win through our sheer speed and bite.  Curious question, why did you go for the Surging Gloomtide artefact over making the King even killier? Is it for screening purposes? 

30 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Curious question, why did you go for the Surging Gloomtide artefact over making the King even killier? Is it for screening purposes? 

I am hoping to be able to throw it far enough that it might give the Thralls the ward when they arrive in the mix. Maybe even garrison them (or Lotann or the Tidecaster) there in the center to protect them. Also of course just an obsticle for 

I considered the "Amulet of Destiny" on the King also.

35 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I was already looking at the Morssarr Guard instead of the Ishlaen.

My main  hope there is to be able to have them charge every turn and get the better spear profile. With the Ionach heroic action they should be able to run and charge or retreat and charge every round. Only question is how quick they crumble.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, vinnyt said:

So, if you're thinking that you may need extra assistance against these big bois, some additional stuff to consider: Sons of Behemat is basically a 2-4 drop army. If you're a 1 drop, you'll control turn order and won't need to worry about being alpha striked quite as much. You can also reliably use a boat to control the placement of them big ol' fat based gargs. 

But my Megagargants can just walk over your boats.