TGA Painting Contest - White Dwarf Slaughter priest

Ben

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Painting contest" implies painting as the determinant for success.  

Will converted models be allowed/rewarded? 

How does the base factor in?

Awesome (!!!!!) idea, Ben, and I will be entering, but I want to know the parameters before I begin.  Also, it would help if my sub would arrive, but that is another issue. ;P

On 03/09/2016 at 8:47 AM, bottle said:

Yes, my Twitter (@_devianttactics) is soley for wargaming too. My feed is just a solid stream of inspiration due to only following people that actively post warhammer content and not much else (and I try to do the same, keep my content good and 100% warhammer). Join in on the fun, Dez!

Completely agree on this.  I've only come to the Twitter party in the last year or so but have found it fantastic for keeping up with the hobby community and sharing photos of things at events and work in progress shots.  I only follow 3 non-hobby feeds (BBC News, local bus company and The Last Leg) which keeps the random junk low on my feed

This is how far I am for now. 

I don't own a Bloodsecretor and he seems pretty essential for a Bloodbound army so I decided to convert my Slaughterpriest to one. The Bloodsecrator reminds me of the standard banner of old so I will give him a shield with banner, from the Skullcrushers, and he will be the dedicated standard bearer. 

This is the only Slaughterpriest I have but I am not that interested in fielding one and if I were to field one it would be the big guy with the big axe, he just looks so much better then the newer model.

image.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Vissah said:

I don't own an Bloodsecrator and he seems pretty essential for a Bloodbound army so I decided to convert my Slaughterpriest to one. The Bloodsecrator reminds me of the standard banner of old so I will give him a shield with banner, from the Skullcrushers, and he will be the dedicated standard bearer. 

Liking how you're tackling him - planning to do a conversion for this model too (I've got two with hack blades currently).  I was looking at doing it the other way round with the banner in the left hand and axe in the oversized one

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Liking how you're tackling him - planning to do a conversion for this model too (I've got two with hack blades currently).  I was looking at doing it the other way round with the banner in the left hand and axe in the oversized one

Thanks mate.

it would have been easier the way you say it but I don't have a left handed banner.

I always found the facing of the model a bit off. He is looking to his left but his body is turned to the right. This is also one of the reasons I wanted him to face to his right.

7 minutes ago, Vissah said:

Thanks mate.

it would have been easier the way you say it but I don't have a left handed banner.

I always found the facing of the model a bit off. He is looking to his left but his body is turned to the right. This is also one of the reasons I wanted him to face to his right.

That makes a lot of sense actually, not really sure why he's got such an odd pose and would have been nice if they'd changed it a bit more from the other Slaughterpriest :)  Much prefer helmeted heads though...  I've not worked out what banner pole I'll use, I may just knock one out of plastic rod with some putty - I expect the range of axes I've got will make a difference on how I do him too :P 

love it, great idea, Ben!

now if my stinking White Dwarf would just show up in the mail... :(  Thoroughly expected to have received it by now considering I subscribed immediately after they announced the return to the monthly format.  Are these getting shipped out in opaque/manila envelopes or just polybags where the contents can be seen?  Have a sneaking suspicion that my copy may have been poached in the mail system >:(

Archived