AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Just now, SunStorm said:

What do we think is still to be seen for the Kruleboyz? 

They've said we can expect 2 more monsters, but outside of that.

Theres got to be a named hero coming right? Some mounted troops?

I reckon the winged monster’s gonna be a dual kit - one with a generic boss riding it, one with a named hero.

Other than that, aside from the aforementioned mounted troops and other monster I think the KB are about done. Maybe a Hobgrot hero of some kind?

On 6/11/2021 at 3:41 AM, Beliman said:

Leaks (or rumors) from our favorite green dudes:

Killaboss with Stabgrot 140
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof 200
Murknob with Belcha-banna 115
Swampcalla Shaman 125
Hobgrotz 10/95
Manskewer Boltboyz 3/120
Guttrippaz 10/180

Reveal hidden contents

Manskewer Boltboyz:
5" move, 2 wounds, 6+ save
Aimed Shot: 24" 1 attack, 3+/3+/-1/2
Hasty Shot: 12" 2 attacks, 4+/3+/-1/2
Can only use Aimed Shot if you didn't move and there are no enemies within 3"

Gutrippaz:
5" move, 2 wounds, 5+ save
2 attacks, 4+/4+/0/1
At the start of the charge phase if this unit is >3" from an enemy unit, pick an enemy unit within 12" that isnt a HERO or MONSTER. Roll 2d6 and add 1 to the roll for every model in this unit. If the result is higher than the enemy units bravery, subtract one from hit rolls when that enemy unit fights this unit until the end of the turn.

Murknob with Belch-banna:
6 wounds, 4+ save
3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
KRULEBOYZ wholly within 12" ignore spells on a 5+
At the start of the combat phase roll a dice of each enemy unit within 3". On a 2-5, they suffer 1 mortal wound. On a 6 they suffer d3 mortal wounds.

Sludgeraker (Krule Boyz Dragon):

16w with 2+ saves. Ward save 6+
5 attacks at 3+/3+/-3/D4 (damage 4?)
Is a huge crocodilian that's more of a force of nature than a unit.
+1 to wound rolls if it charged. It's also about 150 points less than it ought to be. What's the catch? After the first time it fights it MUST charge the nearest enemy if able for the rest of the game, although a Breaka-boss can check it for a command point.

Skyrippa (Krule Boyz Bat-Like monster with Killaboss rider):
8w with 3+ saves, move 16", DS and -1 to be hit
Is a giant bat w/ a scorpion tail rode by a killaboss. Can deep strike. -1 to be hit.

There picture of the dominion cards around the internet that confirm those points (th Killaboss on Great Gnashtoff may be 260 though). The warscrolls are propably correct as well.

5 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Also no preview of future units next week?

A little dirty move not showing the remaining models after the Dominion pre order date... We will have to hope for more rumors/leaks this week.

Edited by Arzalyn

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

With two sizable armies – including all-new units and even a never-before-seen subfaction of the Orruk Warclans –

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/13/sunday-preview-dominion-is-almost-at-hand-so-prepare-for-warhammer-age-of-sigmars-best-ever-edition/

Also no preview of future units next week? :(

There is unlikely to be a lot more coming as they have confirmed they are a subfaction of warclans…. They will stretch/pad out the last few releases over a lot of warcom articles.

Confirmed Artillery/Trogg

Confirmed (ish): 2 further monsters

maybe: Some sort of mounted unit/a named character or two?

to be fair.. thats a good amount of stuff. I just hope it all synergises really nicely....like some sort of MW onion

Edited by C0deb1ue

2 hours ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Since 25 mm is really great in 3.0 due to coherency, do you think the hobgrots are on these? They seem to be on smaller bases then the rest but don't know which size the bigger kruelboyz are on.

Yes, they are on 25mm

8 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

I really hope they have some more actual units. Half the roster going from the leaks feels like different varieties of Killabosses on mounts.

I'd like another battleline (currently just Gutrippaz) and definitely some big characters. 

Overall the real goal will be to have a few playstyles available within the subfaction. I don't want to have to buy the other two subfactions to make Kruleboyz viable or have more than one style of play.

Edit: there are likely to be a lot of killabosses on mounts (like min 3)

Edited by C0deb1ue

19 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

I'd like another battleline (currently just Gutrippaz) and definitely some big characters. 

Overall the real goal will be to have a few playstyles available within the subfaction. I don't want to have to buy the other two subfactions to make Kruleboyz viable or have more than one style of play.

Edit: there are likely to be a lot of killabosses on mounts (like min 3)

Wait only Gutrippaz are Battleline? Not hobgrotts or man-skewers? 

Based on whats in the dominion box reviews these guys aren't looking too hot.

The only allegiance ability in the box is the venom encrusted weapons

Gutrippas do have a 2" reach, so big units of them might be the way to go. Their shield ability is worse than I first thought, its roll 2d6 +1 for every 5 boyz (i thought it was the number of boyz) and there's no retreat and charge available. So they can't hit enemies they're in combat with, can't hit heroes or monsters, and need to roll over the enemies bravery. These guys are basically slower spider riders that sometimes get -1 to hit, which isn't a good spot to be in (especially since gitz are swimming in -1 to hit effects anyways)

The crossbow guys just seem fine, 3 of them only have 3 shots at 24" or 6 shots at 12" so they take buffs poorly and don't have enough shots to abuse the mortals. The 24" shots are on a good profile at least.

Hobgrots aren't battleline and come in 10s, so they're basically relegated to chaff.

Gutrippas probably have the best volume to throw those MW out but your also hero have pretty good volume to dumpster unit (like the SCE side of the box pretty well) i think the key is to use the swampcaller potion// poison ability as best as you can.

Hobgrot are basically throw away unit and chaff so they are not meant to do anything but are cheap (thought their greanade attacks is okayish

Ynndrasta kind of makes the box imbalance though, but without her the point even out a little

Dominion rules alone aren't looking that nice, but there is some potential. Kruleboyz should get sub allegiance when played alone, just like Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz do, maybe one of them make Hobgrotz battleline (or maybe there a hero that do that). Its probable that they left some of the allegiance abilities outside the Dominion scroll cards.

If we go by whats is rumored to come, two of the things missing in the dominion units, a unit with good movement and a unit with damage outside the allegiance abilities mortal woulds, could come in the form of the rumored smaller Gnarshtoof ad a troggoth unit. My biggest worries are the heroes. So far we have 3 Killaboss and the biggest change between the 2 is their attack profile and movement/wounds. I really hope we get at least 2 no-killaboss heroes in the future...

In terms of the box they'll be fine, stormcasts are premium wounds so are weak to mortals.

Gutrippaz damage vs 4+ save:

10 unbuffed: 5.24

10 with +1 to hit: 7

10 buffed with pot grot:7.8

10 with both buffs:8.74

In a unit of 20 you could nearly double this damage. The good part is this damage is largely unaffected by enemy saves, the bad part is its very ineffective against low save stuff efficiency-wise. 2" reach makes a world of difference on these guys.

The rest of the allegiance could certainly help, but it'll start getting concerning if the whole army is relying on the 5+ buff to be effective.

• Like 4

Some possible sub allegiances from the lore in the Dominion book, different kinds of tribes that are defined by their specialty:

- Badstabbas: Warriors and bosses that spear head the Kruleboyz vicious raids. The most frequently seen of the swamp orcs on the battlefield and have the most in common with the other kinds of orruks (ironjawz and bonesplitterz).

- Beast-Breakza: Monsters hunters that are adept of tracking, trapping and breaking those creatures that share their repulsive homes, riding them into battle as powerful war mounts and selling them to other tribes in return of raw materials and grots to use as bait.

- Detfspikerz: Spiteful tinkerers that are famous for fashioning crude but deadly war machines and capable of surprising efficient constructions if given the chance. 

- Gitsnatcherz: Specially malevolent kind of Kruleboyz that take those taken as captives in other tribes successful raids.

I assume those are sub allegiance rather than social division between than, as there is no mention about the shamans among them. In any case, the trogoth boss and the balista would fit very well in the Beast-breakza and the Detfspikerz... maybe each tribe will get some unit representing them (and that they will buff with their rules).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can always appreciate trying to find a silver lining, but there's no question that, straight out of the box with no book, these warscrolls are mostly horrible. Like, some of the worst we've seen in awhile. The only real winners I think are the Swampcaller and maybe Killa boss on foot. Murknob is fine, I guess--at least he's cheap. 

The Gutrippas are worse grot Stabbas. Same amount of wounds, more expensive, a less reliable and overly complicated -1 to hit ability. Less objective strength. Less protection against missiles, less mobility. The only thing they have is the mortals on 6's. How that'll play out on a unit that's going to die in droves? I don't know. It doesn't work well for Spiderfang.

Currently, I don't even know why Hobgrots exist. They're my favorite models out of the lot, but 10 wounds with a 6+ save for almost 100 points is a dreadful price for a unit meant to be chaffe. Point-for-wound and survivability they're actually worse at being chaffe than the Gutrippas. They have no other redeeming qualities, since they can't proc mortals and their attacks are a joke. Without a battletome with some synergies or some other battle traits for Hobgrots specifically, these guys are completely worthless, unless you happen to have 95 points left over and don't know what else to use with it.

All of that said, I am hopeful a proper tome will bring all this stuff together in ways we can't see yet.

• Like 1

the rumors (confirmed) about the profile and points of the kruleboyz, come from the same place as the rumors of the crocodile and the bat?

It would have been nice to ask this source what more units there will be.

I am worried that it is an army with very few units

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zamerion said:

the rumors (confirmed) about the profile and points of the kruleboyz, come from the same place as the rumors of the crocodile and the bat?

It would have been nice to ask this source what more units there will be.

I am worried that it is an army with very few units

It’s not a new battletome release. It’s a new subfaction for orruks so I wouldn’t expect a LRL level of models/units (its even less likely in destruction).

Edited by C0deb1ue