AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

19 minutes ago, Squark said:

Does anyone who's worked with the Corpse-rippa Vulcha kit know how practical it is to magnetize the rider so it can be run as either Gobbsprakk or a Killaboss?

Perfect timing. I'm literally building mine right now, and thinking the exact same thing. 👻

Edited by Rotbinger

1 hour ago, Squark said:

Does anyone who's worked with the Corpse-rippa Vulcha kit know how practical it is to magnetize the rider so it can be run as either Gobbsprakk or a Killaboss?

Very easy for the Boss and Gobsprakk, I didn't even need to magnetize. It fits recently regardless.

The bird head might be harder if you want to go all the way, since it is hollow.

I am thinking of running a big block of 30 gutrippaz with spears together with Snatchaboss on sludgeraker. Wondering if it is hard to fit the gutrippaz wholly within the 12 inch sludgeraker buff? Thinking maybe it will be better to just run a unit of 20 as to fit them in the buff.

This is my list and my thoughts around it is: 

- One drop so i will try to take first turn 

- I will use disappearing act to remove screens from my opponent 

- Then I will deepstrike in my gutrippaz 

- push up the board with sludgeraker with fast un

- deploy my shaman out of unbind range and move the rogue idol with sneaking measma 

- then call waagh and hit first and hard with 3 big hitters (rogue idol, sludgeraker and gutrippaz) hopefully taking out the biggest threats 

- Use the boltboyz for range support, that will maybe turn 2 get poison buff

- Capture objectives with my goblins

Looking for tips, especially if you think it would be reliable to get sludgeraker and rogue idol into combat t1, and as my previous post. If my gutrippaz would manage to get the buff. 

Sludgeraker would have 16" before charge and rogue idol 20" so i hope that is enough to charge some juicy targets.

Screenshot_20220118-144617_WH AoS.jpg

29 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys quick question, why is everyone using Rogue Idols? I See them in Kruleboyz and ironjaws lists.

Mostly for fun, it’s a good model but far from a must take. Personally it’s over costed just like the rest of those forge world models but unlike the others it’s actually good.

Up to you if you want to play with it or not but you should never feel like you need one.

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Whats the stats of hand weapons over spears on gutrippaz?

+1 to wound at the cost of 1" of range- which means about half the unit doesn't get to attack over the first rank's 32 mm base. Hand weapons might have had some utility if Gutrippaz came in units of 5, but as is, they just don't work.

Edited by Squark
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There was some argument about using them in groups of 10, because their damage output stays better for longer if they take chip damage. That said, since you're usually buffing them for extra mortals on a 6, or even with a shaman, for the 5+ mortals wounds, I'd say the situations are too niche and specific to warrant the hand weapons indeed 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, Erdemo86 said:

Guys quick question, why is everyone using Rogue Idols? I See them in Kruleboyz and ironjaws lists.

I think it can be good. Costs quite a lot, but benefits greatly from Supa Sneaky and Dirty Tricks - can be deployed on the side of the enemy and tie one flank for a round or two. You can even smash faction terrain with him if you can get far enough.  

55 minutes ago, Abstract_duck said:

Anyone have any experience on using the mirebrute without Sneaking it in with Supa sneaky, or giving it Fast 'un? Is it worth it, or is the brute too slow?

I have not actually tried it. But I realy want to try it together with an allied troggboss. I want to run multiple mirebrutea with that reroll 1s aura :) And with the marshcrawla to boost hit, who also get the reroll 1s. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Smash said:

Looking for tips, especially if you think it would be reliable to get sludgeraker and rogue idol into combat t1, and as my previous post. If my gutrippaz would manage to get the buff. 

Sludgeraker would have 16" before charge and rogue idol 20" so i hope that is enough to charge some juicy targets.

Interesting and innovative list but you'd be better off just playing IJ if you want a T1 alpha combat army. There are a few issues with these kinds of KB lists. First off you won't get a raker into combat and still applying the 12" range buff to thirty 32mm guys who preferably are spread out in 2 ranks. To get this to work you also need a lot of pieces to fall into place. You need to:

- Succeed a 6CV casting roll with no +cast (~67% chance)

- Make 3 different charge rolls that can be made much harder with redeploy. Just making three 5" charges has a 60% chance of success (rerolls and redeploy skews this of course)

- Make at least one 4+ with 3 dice, hopefully 2, followed by a 2+ or 3+ depending on the screen.

On top of all that you also have really spiky rolls in combat. Sometimes the sludgeraker goes in and goes mental, sometimes you roll no sixes and he does kind of nothing. The idol also doesn't have the strongest profile, averaging 7-12 wounds depending on save. Its gonna feel great when you pull it off but a lot of games will probably end up with something not going your way and the whole thing crumbling. Id try it out with proxies or over TTS a couple of games before buying into it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:19 PM, Squark said:

+1 to wound at the cost of 1" of range- which means about half the unit doesn't get to attack over the first rank's 32 mm base. Hand weapons might have had some utility if Gutrippaz came in units of 5, but as is, they just don't work.

Here's a layout of the best possible array of 32mm round bases in a straight line formation.  If a unit of 10 is going against a broad enough line of enemies they could all get in.  I haven't yet laid it out vs various large ovals and rounds yet.  

Oops, the dimensions are tiny!  That's 19mm between the front bases and 20mm back for the back row.  Coherency is retained with these distances but tough to do so during a game (without movement trays to this design that is).

32mm round base engagement stagger.jpg

Edited by Lord Krungharr

I've been playing a lot with Ardboyz and I can tell you, saw-toothing helps but as soon as you bring in terrain, adjacent combats and other bottlenecking factors you find getting even 10 guys fighting in a sawtooth is a challenge. And Gutrippas are barely combat effective in blocks of 10 anyway.

Positioning 32s to fight with 1" weapons is just a gigantic hassle.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 8:49 PM, Rotbinger said:

Perfect timing. I'm literally building mine right now, and thinking the exact same thing. 👻

The only pieces that are the same for both models are the feet (Which is part of the bird build anyway) so you can build both models and then slot either rider on top. The head of the vulcha is a bit more faff so I just choose gobsprakk version and don’t both magnetising that 

• 1 month later...