The Painting Contract - June 2021

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for June 2021!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

This month I will finish the slaves to darkness direchasm band. One per god. I need finish this warrior as Slaanesh and then the sorceror as tzeentch.

I am unsure what I will work on after that - maybe an Idoneth eidolon which has been in bits for 2 years.

DBFF69A9-67FB-4862-BFBF-69BB9FF00D21.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

For May I fully completed Khagra's Ravagers and I'm quite happy with them. I'm going to take a break from Chaos now and move on to a planned 1000pt Soulblight army featuring Prince Vhordrai, 2x5 Blood Knights and a unit of Vargheists.

I didnt quite get the Crimson Court finished but I'll get to them, eventually...

Anyway, pledge for June is Vhordrai on his Zombie Dragon and 5 Blood Knights!

20210531_091640.jpg

20210531_091656.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

With Allarielle done I am going to work on some smaller stuff. Have some Chaos possessed for my brother on the table now but i would also like to get my last 3 Kurnoth Hunters done.

And at a push maybe the last 10 Tree Revs. 

Sister of battle and Escher ganger tangoing under a pride flag for a Goobertown "contest".

Some 20 d&d minis (already about halfway done with those, had a few productive nights).

Models in pics were primed last sunday, so technically not June.

IMG_20210605_102832315.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

Good progress everyone, keep it up.

I was away last week but last night I got a start made on the final model from Khargas ravagers. The sorc lord will be Tzeentch, which for reasons, I like to do as emerald green as opposed to blue. The robes are the same as my other slave warriors which have marks of the other gods, so ties them together.

CC244F42-0DDD-469F-9383-5D92269118C5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

17 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It took me some time to recognise the beast, it looks so warm this way.

Yeah, my idea was to create a desert / wasteland theme for this stonehorn.

I know there's the Everwinter and all, but kind of wanted to try something different (with my friend's permission, he's trying to do a bunch of unique themes for each beast in his Mawtribes) 🙂

5 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Yeah, my idea was to create a desert / wasteland theme for this stonehorn.

I know there's the Everwinter and all, but kind of wanted to try something different (with my friend's permission, he's trying to do a bunch of unique themes for each beast in his Mawtribes) 🙂

I'm all for it! Will you be adding sunglasses, using other ogre (less clothed) upper bodies and hawaiian shorts for the riders as well?

• Thanks 1