Kemmler and Krell

pho_king_D

So I dont know if Nagash is still keeping that old organization chart with "9 Mortarchs" in total. So I was thinking that they would probably have to do multiple Mortarchs in some possible upcoming factions cause I do not think they will make 9 factions for each Mortarch or anything close to that.  I was talking to my friend and looking stuff up about the dreams of having a Death mage and Dead Walker army , then something hit me ... they could do the old Kremler and Krell Kombo. A big zombie warrior Mortarch that kinda acts as a Krell and his partner a Necromancer Mortarch.

Anyways thoughts on this daydream.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Defected to Chaos during the End Times. Arkhan atomized him right there and then.

Yep, Nagash will put up with a lot but turning to the Chaos Gods is rather frowned upon. Vlad also disposed of Walach Harkon for the same reasons in the end times.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pho_king_D said:

So I dont know if Nagash is still keeping that old organization chart with "9 Mortarchs" in total. So I was thinking that they would probably have to do multiple Mortarchs in some possible upcoming factions cause I do not think they will make 9 factions for each Mortarch or anything close to that.  I was talking to my friend and looking stuff up about the dreams of having a Death mage and Dead Walker army , then something hit me ... they could do the old Kremler and Krell Kombo. A big zombie warrior Mortarch that kinda acts as a Krell and his partner a Necromancer Mortarch.

Anyways thoughts on this daydream.

I don't have a lot of nostalgia for many of the old Warhammer Fantasy characters. I feel like the two mortarchs we got that are new to AoS (Katakros and Lady Olynder) have been super cool additions, much more exciting that Kemmler or Krell (at least if they don't get reimagined). Besides, Arkhan is already the Necromancer Mortarch. I would not say no to a Deathrattle Mortarch, though.

As much as I complain about the new fluff and books, I do thing the old world needs to be put to rest... sad to say that to kemmler or even vlad and Abhorash and I deserve all the internet rage and I’m sorry to trigger you poor souls...

but GDubs split the small old world into a bunch of ?huge? realms and I think struggles to fill it with stories and exciting heroes and villains. Except for the „things were mythical, Chaos rolfstomped, then stormy stormcast stormed things, now kinda don’t know“ everywhere...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Honk said:

As much as I complain about the new fluff and books, I do thing the old world needs to be put to rest... sad to say that to kemmler or even vlad and Abhorash and I deserve all the internet rage and I’m sorry to trigger you poor souls...

but GDubs split the small old world into a bunch of ?huge? realms and I think struggles to fill it with stories and exciting heroes and villains. Except for the „things were mythical, Chaos rolfstomped, then stormy stormcast stormed things, now kinda don’t know“ everywhere...

This. I would lose my ****** if they released Abhorash but (even though he’s never had rules or a model) that’s another character from a setting they to great lengths to get rid of.

I think there’s an argue meant to be had for the incarnates (Nagash, Teclis, Malekith etc) but other than that new characters would be better.

Also some explanation as to how characters Frye old world survived would be good. I think the nearest thing we got for the three mortarchs is nagash remembered them back into existence, which is pretty weak in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Syf said:

from a setting they to great lengths to get rid of.

They might just flesh out vhordrai...

things are there, but they are just not really used. And I’d like to have my grimdark back

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

Kremmler is my old favorite.  

Personally the only WFB returning heroes should be those who achieved god-hood or escaped off planet before the big bang.  AoS feels less creative with the copy and paste approach.  If GW wanted to do some weird reincarnation thing then work that into the lore where someone is much alike.  That would have been less sad than what they’ve done now.

• Thanks 1

There are some I'd still like to see return.  Khalida, Isabella, Abhorash, etc.  But only if, in the transition to the AoS setting, you can do something new and interesting with them that follows from and builds on but doesn't just repeat what came before.  For example, maybe Abhorash as the first AoS ghoul king / FEC mortarch.  Abhorash seems like the kind of guy to anger Nagash by refusing an order that clashed with his personal sense of honor, bringing down that kind of punishment, while the delusions of the FECs, seeing themselves as noble knights and honorable warriors, fits with Abhorash's disposition.  Or bringing back isabella as a fully fledged vampire lord in her own right, living to honor vlad's sacrifice to save her, maybe doing a gender reversed version of classic vampire tropes with her thinking she sees an echo of her long lost lover in some young Cities or Stormcast hero.

But for the most part old world characters are grounded in the old world's locations and peoples and stories and there's not a good narrative point to bringing them forward, especially for those who, like Vlad, already had a strong and satisfying conclusion to their personal story lines.  Kemmler maybe didn't have that conclusion so much, but he was heavily grounded in the Empire and Brettonia, and imo there just doesn't seem to be much reason to lift him out of that context and bring him into AoS.  Not that you couldn't come up with something, but imo that would be effort better spent on a new character tailor made for the modern setting, maybe expanding on Tamra or the like.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:31 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't have a lot of nostalgia for many of the old Warhammer Fantasy characters. I feel like the two mortarchs we got that are new to AoS (Katakros and Lady Olynder) have been super cool additions, much more exciting that Kemmler or Krell (at least if they don't get reimagined). Besides, Arkhan is already the Necromancer Mortarch. I would not say no to a Deathrattle Mortarch, though.

They could potentially have two necromancer Mortarchs just like they have two vampire ones. Could be a reimagined Kemmler equivalent thats a different style of necro.

Neferata is the soulblight mortarch which is fitting since she developed the elixir of life based on nagashs black book.  
Some kind of fleshshaper type faction based around zombies would be cool.  I always think of the zombie death lord from Soul Wars and wish there were more cool stuff like her.

• LOVE IT! 1

On 11/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, Sception said:

There are some I'd still like to see return.  Khalida, Isabella, Abhorash, etc.  But only if, in the transition to the AoS setting, you can do something new and interesting with them that follows from and builds on but doesn't just repeat what came before.  For example, maybe Abhorash as the first AoS ghoul king / FEC mortarch.  Abhorash seems like the kind of guy to anger Nagash by refusing an order that clashed with his personal sense of honor, bringing down that kind of punishment, while the delusions of the FECs, seeing themselves as noble knights and honorable warriors, fits with Abhorash's disposition.  Or bringing back isabella as a fully fledged vampire lord in her own right, living to honor vlad's sacrifice to save her, maybe doing a gender reversed version of classic vampire tropes with her thinking she sees an echo of her long lost lover in some young Cities or Stormcast hero.

But for the most part old world characters are grounded in the old world's locations and peoples and stories and there's not a good narrative point to bringing them forward, especially for those who, like Vlad, already had a strong and satisfying conclusion to their personal story lines.  Kemmler maybe didn't have that conclusion so much, but he was heavily grounded in the Empire and Brettonia, and imo there just doesn't seem to be much reason to lift him out of that context and bring him into AoS.  Not that you couldn't come up with something, but imo that would be effort better spent on a new character tailor made for the modern setting, maybe expanding on Tamra or the like.

Abhorash might already be around. There was mention in early fluff of a legendary vampire warrior known as The Dragon, whom other vampire lords sought to train thier warriors.

This was really early stuff though.

13 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Abhorash might already be around. There was mention in early fluff of a legendary vampire warrior known as The Dragon, whom other vampire lords sought to train thier warriors.

This was really early stuff though.

There was early fluff pointing to Krell still being around too.  But in both cases these threads seem to have been abandoned since then, and I doubt we'll here more from them.  I could be wrong of course, if anything Sigvald proves that old world characters can still spontaneously reappear in Age of Sigmar.  I wouldn't complain if any of the old undead characters came back - apart from maybe vlad.  I just don't see it as at all likely.

Speaking of Mortarchs from the old world, while I'm waiting for an updated Vampire / Soulblight Battle Tome I've created my own "Khorne Vampires" that are all kit bashed and basically Slaves to Darkness units used in a Khorne army. This is one of them, in function it is a Chaos Lord on Manticore but in my lore it is a Chaos Vampire Lord on some sort of Chaos beast. It's basically my take on Walach Harkon.

Vampire_Chaos_Lord_On_Monster-Manticore.jpg

Vampire_Chaos_Lord_On_Monster-Manticore_CLOSE-UP.JPG

• Like 2