The Painting Contract - August 2020

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for August 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

For me it’s squad of decimators, a lord relictorsome basing on 3 ogors and progress a bit on my stonehorn the point I can base and varnish it. 
Edit. Not making it in tale of X Warlords  with just this so I’m adding 3 more vanguard raptors. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2

While I've been getting work done, I'm starting to notice that I'm running out of steam and that I'm not in the mood to paint as often. I think this is because I've been taking on bigger projects in my Khorne army lately, which means I'm not getting completed models as quickly, so this month I'm going to focus on smaller mini's, after I finish the Wrath Axe. This month I pledge to complete:

1. My Wrath-Axe

2. At least 5 Bloodreavers

3. A Skullreaper. Or two. Or three

School starts at the end of August so I'm not going to pledge more than that.

• Like 3

Working through Star Wars Rebellion

Finish the imperials 

- 2 star destroyers

- 1 super star destroyer

- 2 death stars

- 1 Death Star under construction

then I get to work on the rebels 😀 69 tiny models, including:

- fleet troopers

- air/snow speeders

- shield generators

- ion cannons

- y wings

- x wings

- transports

- cornelian corvettes

- mon cal cruisers

at this scale you can really blast through groups of minis so I expect to get the majority  of it done. Then back to AoS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello,

This month I want to finally do the bases of some minis to finish them off, so I'll prioritize that. But there will be some time to paint, and build. So, I pledge to:

• Paint: Spirit Torment, Guardian of Souls, Lord Executioner, 10 chainrasps (let's complete the 40 guy blob)
  • Base:
  • First bunch: a Mortis Engine, a Treelord Ancient, 10 chainrasps, a Branchwych
  • Second bunch:  Spirit Torment, Guardian of Souls, Lord Executioner, Knight of Shrouds on Steed, 10 chainrasps
  • Build: The Mortal Realms magazine shipment for this month, that should be:
  • 5 Dreadscythe Harridans, Lord Executioner, 4 Grimghast Reapers, 5 Glaivewraith Stalkers (one will be converted to a Grimghast Reaper)
  • 4 Liberators, 1 Prosecutor
  • Hopefully, the FEC special: Archregent, 3 Flayers, 20 Ghouls

After that, I might switch to the Stormcast part of the collection for 2 months, as the "black primed army" is growing out of control...

Maybe it's a bit much? We will know in 29 days 😇😇

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RandyRyan said:

For me I have been taken in by the 40k hype train, so this month I want to paint -

5 more Chaos Marines

Deffkilla Wartrike

And maybe for AoS, that Stormcast special character with the big spear, Larissa something?

Larissa shadowstalker, which to me always sounds like someone who chases  shadows. Granted which could be a realm thing in aos. 
Great model! Really liked painting her. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

Larissa shadowstalker, which to me always sounds like someone who chases  shadows. Granted which could be a realm thing in aos. 
Great model! Really liked painting her. 

That's the one! I know she's meant to be Hammers of Sigmar but mine is going to be painted Hallowed Knights, to fit with my eventual planned Cities of Sigmar army based on the "Black Pyramid" novel.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Very recently joined member here. I’d like to join the pledge for this month if I may. I’m struggling along with my Idoneth Deepkin, getting ever closer to finishing my Start Collecting box. I have three Morrsair guard left, of which one is nearly finished. I’d like to pledge to finish the remaining two. Here’s the nearly finished one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDj1qdODKkR/?igshid=ltxgcbsggzsw

• Like 2