Adepticon Officially Cancelled.

Icarion

1 hour ago, GuitaRasmus said:

This is plain wrong. While not as lethal as first thought, recent date suggests that it has a mortality rate of 0.3-1%, which is 3 to 10 times that of regular flu. In developed countries, that is. 

Wrong. Corona has a massive dark figure so the numbers are inflated immensely.

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Wrong. Corona has a massive dark figure so the numbers are inflated immensely.

0.3 -1% already takes this into account.

If you look at the "official" numbers released by e.g. the US Government, it shows as roughly 3% (38 deceased out of 1312 recorded infections).

Generally, panic is wrong, but spreading false information also is. :) 

• RuneBrush changed the title to Adepticon Officially Cancelled.

So yea, as I said, pappa nurgle won adepticon by default this year. I hope GW recognizes how op his Corvid-19 list is and nerf the allegiance abilities in the next FAQ.

I wonder what the next adepticon's going to be like... 

Edited by Acid_Nine
Fixed yea to year
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

42 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

So yea, as I said, pappa nurgle won adepticon by default this yea. I hope GW recognizes how op his Corvid-19 list is and nerf the allegiance abilities in the next FAQ.

I'm hoping Slaanesh takes Adepticon 2021. Nerd orgy ftw!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

Well I know a lot of people work hard on armies. I hope they show em off online at least.....Previews will come and go but some of my favorite stuff is what people show off for their hobby passion during adepticon

Honestly if someone came up with a 'qquarantined' adepticon where it was a gallery of people showing off their works it could help make up for the loss. one big, localized collection website rather than a forum gallery or something.

6 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

So yea, as I said, pappa nurgle won adepticon by default this yea. I hope GW recognizes how op his Corvid-19 list is and nerf the allegiance abilities in the next FAQ.

After all those years scheming and plotting for the top tables it’s nice that’s in tzeentch for a change. 

Edited by Kramer

Worth pointing out that it's not just attendees who will be losing money through flights, hotels booked etc. At least there is insurance available to cover some of these instances.

Adepticon itself and associated staff will have spent loads already in the run up and will be losing masses as a consequence of cancellation. Doing the right thing will have cost them dear.