Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

As sad as it makes me, I'm starting to think Tyrion isn't coming. To be honest I think it would make more sense if he arrived when Malerion does as part of a story where Slaanesh either gets out or nearly gets out considering they are both in charge of guarding his prison...I want him now though :( 

• Like 1

Yeah I’m sad that it seems very unlikely he’ll be coming, I always preferred him over Teclis (sorry Teclis, you’re still cool bro). But it is what it is and this is a cool and much needed faction for AoS. 

I’m mad keen for their full reveal now that it’s close. I lost my hype for a little while in the middle there but, since I’ve run out of aetherquartz now, I’m quite ready to see whatever’s next for these bros.

@Damosane I hear you, and it kind of makes me wonder if Tyrion might not be the bridge between Teclis and Malerion.  The two seem to have come to an understanding after the End Times.  That said, I agree with @Tiberius501, Tyrion has always been my favorite character (though Eltharion is a close second).  I'm still stoked for the Lumineth, but if Tyrion comes out in a different faction, I'll drop Teclis' kids like a hot potato!

I feel I should add a sentiment here though, that at this point, we definitely need to see the whole army before any final judgements are made.  There is so much we've seen out of context, and armies are the sum of their parts, not just little tidbits here and there.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 2

I think there is no way that Tyrion comes out with another faction. He might not be part of this release of the Lumineth, but half the army has his marks on it, and they have been going on in every article about how the units share Teclian and Tyrionic elements. We know there is a Sun Spirit to Teclis Moon Spirit etc. 

And from a lore perspective, the main argument about Teclis having his own army were two, three sentences in Hedonists BT about Tyrion not believing that Slaanesh could be freed, and therefore Teclis starting to prepare alone. But since then Achaon invaded Slaanesh’s prison realm Uhl-Gysh, slaughtered all of Tyrion finest champions who guarded Slaneesh and would have freed him if not for Katakros. After that I doubt Tyrion is still in the ”nah, can’t happen, I sit this one out” corner. 

And from a marketing perspective, I’m sure they have not shown us the model which they think is the most impressive yet. 

I totally agree though with the part that we need to see all of the units to judge the army. We likely haven’t seen half of it. And Tyrion could still be the bridge of course with a second wave of releases for the Lumineth. But I think he’ll be shown next Friday. Let’s see how it goes. Hopefully there is something in there for all the people who have been hyped about the Lumineth/old HE. 

• Like 3

Ah thanks for some reason I thought it was Friday next week.

I’m still really grateful that they also thought about people in Asia, usually all the reveals happen sometime in the middle of the night for me. 👍

Edit: I just went through the CoS book again, and by chance looked at the Phoenicium Flag, which is based on the Phoenix Temple. As we speculated a few pages back about some kind of connection between the Ur-Phoenix and the Sun Spirit, if they take the rune symbolic seriously, then .... (above is the flag, below is the sun spirit rune from Eltharion’s scabbard, both of course being the old sign of Asuryan).

B50E183F-76FC-4300-8B6D-ACDB12AE96B4.jpeg

500B848E-1D68-4A03-B35F-BACA37444B04.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
Having nothing better to do
  • Like 3

I keep refreshing to see if anyone has posted anything and then realised that I could be the one to do so haha.

I’m excited at the prospect of a Phoenix-gryphon hybrid as seen on the cavalry banner. I miss dragons but they’re hardly unique. My fingers are crossed for a reveal for it on Thursday followed by preorders of the book and some basic units on Saturday. The rest of the models being released in the 1 or 2 weeks after.

What do you all suppose the odds of that are? I don’t think the range will be released at once, but I can see the book, 2 boxes, and 2 heroes being the initial release soon.

Collector's Edition BT? Of course! Also the Lumineth Warscrolls and dice. 

I really hope we get the full reveal Saturday, then the next day the announcement for the week in order to pre-order, and pre-order the following Saturday. 

As for today: It might be the Hammerers, they haven't shown us a special unit so far, those had a rumour engine piece and they are part of the mountain faction where almost everything we have seen so far came from. But I'm fine with anything right now, as long as we get the full reveal on this Saturday. 🤞

• Like 2

Isn’t the collector’s edition of battletomes a bit of a waste of money though? It’s just a nicer feeling cover for double the cost. I’m certainly getting the dice though if they’re nice, always like cool looking, themed dice! 

Yeah I’d love to see the hammer unit, even if they just teased us with a single model. I’m betting on them talking more about the archers though. I do really hope we get the full announcement this Saturday too, end our suffering GW! Please!

Edited by Tiberius501

This is almost starting to feel like anti-marketing. How much of the range can be left to show or how far away are Lumineth away from release if they are already foot-dragging this much on a twice per month preview series?

Not complaining to complain, just seriously I wonder at the pacing of these things. It took them almost two months just to cover the models from the initial reveal, then last time we got a few small images as teasers for the second reveal, and we're set to get the next (6th?) article maybe gently touching on the second reveal sometime after the third reveal.

• Like 1