Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

@Aelfric I'd like to see Tyrion with actual eyes, but have the paint job reflect that light is streaming from his eyes so intensely that that is what is blinding him.  Think Cyclops from the X-men with out the optic blasts (or maybe with optic blasts because laser eyes are awesome and very in keeping with Light magic's laser spells from WHFB!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michu said:

So I wasn't alone thinking "that's aelven damsel of the lady!".

Well the newest article did say the Lumineth use the old symbols of Lileath and that Teclis has taken those Symbols as his own,probably why some of the dawn-riders have magical cups on their shields.  Fits kinda with her story too in the world that was, she didnt get to make her own race so she the Bretonnian culture/religion to form the best warriors to fight chaos, using harsh martial quests and faith. Now Teclis gets to shape his elves through Hysh magic and Zen warrior style. More practically gives the Elves an old school feel with out looking like they were just copy pasted by the design team

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Azamar said:

I dunno- I thought the veiled head looked really well done-looking forward to seeing the rest of that model.

Also, the ‘mark of Teclis’ seems to be the old rune of Asuryan, which still features prominently on the Phoenix guard kit (iirc it’s on the throne of the anointed on Phoenix model as well). I still wonder if Phoenix temple might have at least a partial link to the lumineth

Eddit: sorry somehow I missed your second (and some other ) posts.

That’s the mark of Tyrion’s sun spirit (you can see it’s the long scabbard). And with this article it’s now really 99.99% that Tyrion is going to be there, and on this dragon-pheonix thing. Teclis has his spirit of the moon, Tyrion will have his spirit of the sun. 

But yup, seems like there is a connection between them and the temple.

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucur said:

That cape goes down below the base of that... stone he sits on. There's something down there...

That was a good tease. Too little answers, but maybe we'll get something tonight.

I also don't think tyrion is mountain dude, he's more affiliated with fire which would be zenith i guess? Also goes well as the counter to moon/ Teclis.

It seems that the hyperlink is "fixed" now but I could SWEAR this hyperlink phrase "rune of the mountain" led to the rumor mill with the elfy rune post... it now goes to the Lumineth lore part 1

I don’t think the faces are the issues. Some of these helmets do not do them any favours with big cheek plates that hide the neck and shape their faces worse as well. I like the horns personally, seems to be a thing correlated with Celennar. I just don’t like the wide cheeked helms.

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Aelfric I'd like to see Tyrion with actual eyes, but have the paint job reflect that light is streaming from his eyes so intensely that that is what is blinding him.  Think Cyclops from the X-men with out the optic blasts (or maybe with optic blasts because laser eyes are awesome and very in keeping with Light magic's laser spells from WHFB!)

I'd be happy with that.  I'm fairly sure they would do something with the model to signify His blindness.  There seems to be so much hype and expectation for a Tyrion model that some want to believe with every new figure they show us.  I'm not expecting one, at least not as part of this release.  I'm fairly sure His time will come one day but probably a year or two down the line.

19 minutes ago, woolf said:

@CommissarRotke yep seems it linkes from the link in the beginning that says sneak peeks at some you haven’t! maybe that is the bottom of that sculpt, ie the mage guy is meditating on top of that pointy rock (seems it also has the mountain rune on it)

I completely missed that link lmao I was so sure they had changed it and the poor warcom poster had given us a leak

35 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I don’t think the faces are the issues. Some of these helmets do not do them any favours with big cheek plates that hide the neck and shape their faces worse as well. I like the horns personally, seems to be a thing correlated with Celennar. I just don’t like the wide cheeked helms.

They look like giant sideburns to me.

tumblr_012e5bcaca85155fe6af1a028c86f806_baeaa09c_400.jpg

18944859.jpg

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I think that's on purpose.  Whitefang just posted something in the Rumor thread linking him with the bull/buffalo banner that they showed.  I wonder if each of the different elements is going to have some sort of animal spirit linked to it?

In that line: If the moon spirits are sphinx, and the mountain banner is showing a horned animal... then that would be an AUROCHS if they want to be properly fantasy and not just buffalo or bull.

this even fits in with modern reimaginings of the aurochs' horns

Image result for aurochs size

edit: calling it now, Sun theme will be dragons or phoenix

what do y'all think water could be??

Edited by CommissarRotke

I'm honestly not sure what to think about GW really pushing the Mountain angle.  To my mind that's the least interesting of the four castes, and the least "aelven."  Although in light of that thought, there in may lay the answer.  GW may want to make the mountain sign work because it would be the hardest to do right.

Apologies for the very stream-of-consciousness post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I'm honestly not sure what to think about GW really pushing the Mountain angle.  To my mind that's the least interesting of the four castes, and the least "aelven."  Although in light of that thought, there in may lay the answer.  GW may want to make the mountain sign work because it would be the hardest to do right.

Apologies for the very stream-of-consciousness post.

Mmmmm hadn't thought of that, so long as there's no Hammer-wielding Aelves 

• Confused 2

You know, I think I gave myself Stockholm Syndrome I think the Mage model Grew on me. I gave it a while to work for me, and I like it more now that there is allusions to Bison and Mountain Spirits. I wonder if we'd be getting more tonight for the Expo previews about it.

The tyrion model looks better at different angles too. I think I'm coming around to these new mages, and I just need to see how they play. Plus, Aelves finally can join the "grumpy guy on Chair" look that a few other armies have.

I am starting to think that Teclis is more closely linked with the wind and Mountain aesthetics while Tyrion is Sky and river. Just call it a hunch, because of the associations of the elements. The mountain can be seen as stoic, zen, and the wind can be seen as gentle changes or with more teclis ideals. I think Sky and river will be seen more impulsive and destructive, but that could just be me over thinking it. Maybe both twins have  the same elemental forces involved with them.

Edited by Acid_Nine
as pointed out below, I need to work on reading

5 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

While I like where you are going with the divergence of elements, they did mention in the article that the plaques on Teclis' belt are there because he's mastered all of the elements.

Welp I'm just going to go wipe off that egg on my face!

• Haha 1

The fact that the banner has no wings means the large horned bison can NOT be Celennar.  I really have no idea what the rest of the line could be at this point. The heraldry on the Dawnrunners has a Phoenix, now we’re seeing a bison?  So interesting!  Although I’m really hoping for that AoS-iffied Phoenix though.  

So a few things we’ve learned and speculations:

There are at least 6 spirits: sun, moon, mountain, river, wind and zenith (if they don’t make zenith being sun & moon together). The moon spirit is a Sphinx, the mountain spirit is a kind of bull (which would also fit with the Greek theme), and the sun spirit likely a Phoenix-dragon.

The Teclian mages could mostly wear more horned/half moon themed helmets, while the Tyronian warriors have the plume-style Greek helmets. 

All four elements seems to have their own mage, spirit and unit model (example mountain: the “zen” mage, the bull spirit and the hammer unit.), and their own style. (Mountain: One of the shown hammers, the armour from the unit in the background art from the Dawnrider lowdown and the mage armour all share the “cracked marble” style). This fits well with the four separate sub-cultures they mentioned in the first lowdown. And would be a lot of models, even if some of those came together (like Teclis with the spirit), and zenith being Teclis & Tyrion. if we get all of them. 

If you look at the mountain mage staff, both of the “hammers” from the Rumour Engine have very similar curved connectors to the top, to what the mountain rune staff has just below the rune. In case of the hammer with the hole in the middle they almost look identical. 

The runic stone base we saw in the rumour engine could be the base for the mountain mage. The link leads there, and it also shows the mountain rune. The design doesn’t seem to match well though. 

Lumineth-City’s doors must be among  the widest and highest among all the Realms

The Lumineth clearly couldn’t totally escape Slaanesh’s influence, being such a horny faction

Edited by LuminethMage
changed marmor to marble
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1