Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

@Vilge nice to get some reports about experience with the Lumineth. 

@SirSalabean I see, that you Lumineth are already struggling against a mightier foe than Slaanesh : ). Hopefully they survive intact. That’s a nice haul, and the box is awesome. The special BT has a really nice feeling to it, and all the extra goodies are also pretty nifty. 

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

@Vilge nice to get some reports about experience with the Lumineth. 

@SirSalabean I see, that you Lumineth are already struggling against a mightier foe than Slaanesh : ). Hopefully they survive intact. That’s a nice haul, and the box is awesome. The special BT has a really nice feeling to it, and all the extra goodies are also pretty nifty. 

Thank you! I’m not sure how I’ll paint them maybe Ymetrica variant. I got the limited edition box for £80 so it seemed great value. Seems to be a lot of them around are people not too bothered about Lumineth then?

7 hours ago, Vilge said:

Hi,

I have 3 games with Lumineth army. I want to share what happen... First of all I am totaly sure that I forgot some rules or done some mistakes. This army has a lot of rules stuff going on the table.

First two games was with this list: Ilithia Nation Teclis, Cathallar (general, ethereal blessing,simucra amulet), 2x10 Sentinels. 2x20 WArdens, Auralan Legion, Twinstones and spellportal.

First game vc goblins a lot of squigs, two mangles. I had first round, killed one mangler and wounded small heroes and also kill some models. Really powerful to use Teclis with spellportal in first round. Oponent did not roll any charge and did almost nothing in first round. In second I won the rolloff and killed all small heroes and also second mangler. In this case it wat win for me because we played scenarion where just heroes can score points.

Second game was against OBR - staliarch. To be honest I dont remember it well, he was able to charge me in first round a there was no way to do anythink...

Third game I change a list because  Ican feel that lack of mobility is my main problem.  Ilithia Nation Teclis, Cathallar (general, ethereal blessing,simucra amulet), 2x10 Sentinels. 2x10 Wardens,10 Dawnriders, 10 Soneguard, Auralan Legion, Twinstones and spellportal.

I played against Fireslayers, whitch is really bad matchup for Lumineth force. I took firs round killed two small heroes, took points and also made one big mistake with charging my horses to vulkite berserkers. I did it on purpuse to see them what they can do. It was my suprise that i killed 9 of them a he just killed two horses. In third round he won a rolloff and goes first. I forgot about spell from cathallar on heardguard unit and he was able to charge me and attack me... It was fun game and at last i saw them in combat. I am not really happy with stoneguard without big cow... I want use them anymore.

Tomorrow I will have next game and I will change a list again. I want to try   Ilithia Nation Teclis, Cathallar (general, ethereal blessing,simucra amulet), 2x20 Sentinels. 2x10 Wardens,10 Dawnriders,  geminids and spellportal.

At the end of the week we have tournament so we will see :) 

How did the wardens fare?   I wanna field a lot of them, so I just hope they do well!

Forgot to post the other day about my game us BOK

Played Blades Edge (We didn’t use realms or secondaries)
EiKwZaQU8AUqT_c?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]

EiKwZzkVkAAsR77?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]

EiKwaa-UcAEaKfn?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]

EiKwbBdVkAAhqfU?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]

Proxies:
Giant Lion – Avalenor, King of the Mountain
White lions – Pick stoneguard
Swordmasters – Hammer Stoneguard
Archers – Sentinals

Bok:
The Shrine on the left Obj near the last pictures are a summoned Bloodthirster turn 3

The empty oval bases on some of the Obj are ones that have been destroyed but we couldn’t remove the templates yet

Game ended 12-11 to LRL. Was very more of a win for LRL until he summoned the bloodthirster and destroyed my left flank.

The 2 x 10 Stoneguard/Stonemage/Avalenor/Cathaller were a great anvil unit that grinded through his army

Flank 10 Wardens were fine for what I needed them to do

10 Dawnriders were in combat with 30 Blood Warriors from turn 1 and stayed there till the BT got involved. 1 survived in the end after she legged it but managed to help out in the last combat to take the last obj.

I keep forgetting that the Stonemage gets a 2nd spell pick also (even though he can just cast 1) as most the game he ran arcane bolts as I had assault of stone. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

How did the wardens fare?   I wanna field a lot of them, so I just hope they do well!

They die by haerdguard really fast. But there is not a lot of units that will survive. I use them just for screen so no expirience in fight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

@Chumphammer

awesome. It does my heart well to see the pointy elves get on the table.  And also good to know they can do well! Also good to hear it was a close game. I asked before, but how did the wardens do? And can we get a list?

His was:
Blood priest and blood Stoker
3 x 10 Blood reavers
Shrine
30 Blood warriors
15 Chaos Warriors
2 x 5 skulltakers
Goresomething and battalion
Cant remember what else

mine was

Zaitrec
Stonemage (General, Assault of Stone, Fast leaner, Gift of Celennar) need to give him a 2nd spell as forgot he can have 2
Avalenor
Scinari Cathallar (silverwand, total eclipse, Protection of Hysh)
2 x 10 Wardens (Lambent light/Protection)
2 x 10 Sentinals (Solar flare/total Elipse)
10 Dawnriders (Speed of Hysh)
2 x 10 Stoneguard (10 pikes 10 hammers)
Twinstones
Sanctum

I liked how the list worked. Only thing I would change is maybe make the sentinals 1 unit (knocks me to 6 drops)

the left 10 Wardens Held the obj for 3 turns. They charged in to help the Dawnriders, and made a good impact, and would have probably taken the obj, but then he summoned the BT and wiped them out.

The right 10 got wiped out turn 2 when the Skulltakers got a long charge. I forgot though that the Avalenor was within 12 so were -2 to hit, but oh well thems learning 

• Thanks 3

@Chumphammer looks awesome and like a fun game! That one NFL player in the middle must have been whaaattt the fuuuuuuuu..... . : ) .

Looking at the before/after picture, that battle must have pleased Khorne. Not much left. Especially on the side where Avalenor is. Great to hear that that combo really is as strong as it looks on paper. 

Can’t wait to get mine on the table.

5 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

@Chumphammer looks awesome and like a fun game! That one NFL player in the middle must have been whaaattt the fuuuuuuuu..... . : ) .

Looking at the before/after picture, that battle must have pleased Khorne. Not much left. Especially on the side where Avalenor is. Great to hear that that combo really is as strong as it looks on paper. 

Can’t wait to get mine on the table.

That was bottom of 4 (my turn)

End of game had:

His end:

4 Chaos Warriors
Summoned Chaos Bloodletter hero guy

On my end:

Cathallar/Stonemage had full wounds
Stone guard units had 9 and 7 left (i think)
avalenor on 1 wound
1 Dawnrider
9 Sentinals

So yeah it was bloody

• Thanks 1

Finally finished my Dawnriders!  I think it will be a while before I tackle another unit of them - there is a lot of detail.  I painted them assenbled apart from the shields, which also made it tricky to get to some places. Currently building Sentinels, which look a little easier.  

20200923_233931.jpg

20200923_234004.jpg

20200923_234127 (2).jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 5

Hello everyone.

Just thought Id post an update on my dawnrider build, two completed so far - pending the basing, unsure what to do for these yet. 
Maybe running across a lush field? Green would go nicely here. 
I need to buy some paint, but the white gems may still be turned into green gems. as per the conversation further up the thread.

0495xJs.jpeg1BBWNEc.jpeg 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Just now, mjay9090 said:

@Aelfric you're a genius. love the Zebras! and the split colour shields, I'm very impressed! - and now second guessing my own scheme!

Thank you!  As soon as I had put the Wardens together and stared at them for a while, I realised that the headdress said Africa to me and needed to rethink my original plans.  That led to Zebras, which became Quaggas (an extinct type of Zebra).  I still wanted an eastern feel too, so went for a yin-yang vibe with the shields.  I'm glad you like it.  We have been waiting five years for this faction, but they are such beautiful models I feel it has been worth the wait, 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mjay9090 said:

Hello everyone.

Just thought Id post an update on my dawnrider build, two completed so far - pending the basing, unsure what to do for these yet. 
Maybe running across a lush field? Green would go nicely here. 
I need to buy some paint, but the white gems may still be turned into green gems. as per the conversation further up the thread.

0495xJs.jpeg1BBWNEc.jpeg 

They're coming along well.  Red and Green are complimentary, so a bit of green on the base should offset the red nicely.  Do you have a realm in mind for your Lumineth, as that may give you ideas for the basing.  

2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

They're coming along well.  Red and Green are complimentary, so a bit of green on the base should offset the red nicely.  Do you have a realm in mind for your Lumineth, as that may give you ideas for the basing.  

Thanks!
No I don't really know much about the setting, these are my first age of sigmar models, and haven't really looked into it aside from whats in the battletome. - but I think the green is the correct choice as far as colour goes. 

The African influence is a great idea, they really do have that feel with the teardrop shields and spears.

@Aelfric that's really an awesome idea! I haven't seen anything like that - and I really look at a lot of Lumineth pictures : ).

I just stated the Sentinels (my first is around half painted), and there is also a lot of details on them, I still not have figured out the colours for all the things, BUT you are right they are easier than the Dawnriders. It's kind of relaxing building and painting those after the Dawnriders. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mjay9090 said:

Thanks!
No I don't really know much about the setting, these are my first age of sigmar models, and haven't really looked into it aside from whats in the battletome. - but I think the green is the correct choice as far as colour goes. 

The African influence is a great idea, they really do have that feel with the teardrop shields and spears.

Finding a scheme for an army is often one of the hardest parts of painting it!  The  wonderful thing about the setting is that it can encompass anything you can imagine.  The realms are a good option for ideas each with their emphasis on a particular theme, such as Chamon the Realm of metal,  There is lots of information about them in the core book.  I usually have to have some models built and then look at them for a while before the overall look that feels right to me will come.  I have to say, though, that these models. lovely as they are, are stretching my capabilities, but that is a good thing as I want to do them justice.  

You've got off to a great start.  Love to see them with the bases complete.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

@Aelfric that's really an awesome idea! I haven't seen anything like that - and I really look at a lot of Lumineth pictures : ).

I just stated the Sentinels (my first is around half painted), and there is also a lot of details on them, I still not have figured out the colours for all the things, BUT you are right they are easier than the Dawnriders. It's kind of relaxing building and painting those after the Dawnriders. 

Thanks!  That's kind of you to say.  Pleased to hear the Sentinels are easier - I had so much touching up (and re-touching up) to do on those Dawnriders.  I need a break before adding a second unit (although I do have my eye on a box of Sisters of the Thorn to convert Dawnriders to be mounted on Antelope :) ).

• Like 1

It’s done! Finally completed my first 10 wardens in between studying for X-ray school.

Spoiler

73009E3F-989C-4B18-85C1-8F3BB3BA0DA5.jpeg.1a844fedda3d1760710ac99ba3ede4e6.jpeg1F90A18A-2C19-471B-9188-793A179D1603.jpeg.0fa9abd94ea5a1f8e5feb7eaa42a00ba.jpeg7F793C1E-C71B-40AD-A5C7-6F376549719F.jpeg.8020e1ade1cc4ae2a4cc25493f2f1d80.jpegA434C3DA-2626-430F-8414-ECF4EA4012F9.jpeg.8e3b6864e80b96db814fb81e2f148179.jpeg7F525AF4-82B8-4523-9AF7-C28F98D4E782.jpeg.e63ddb8919eaf98c2c3cef7af309ebae.jpegE2D105A7-8994-44A7-98BD-D25572652FAB.jpeg.e57bd36779ee1af42df6cf80e1f651c2.jpegF5B2A708-903B-4142-B2A0-83D749D6C5CB.jpeg.8917c211736e5d98f0d6ea611cf4c6d4.jpeg1E2DA5DC-FBAA-4882-86BE-ECF5AA034C3B.jpeg.1ef202a4c58eb3b9e912062364f4874a.jpeg

I absolutely love how badass they look in a rank and file. Stunning miniatures, just hope that me raising the spears like that makes it easier to play games with them. I did find that the warden is pretty hard to add to the middle of the group and have all the spears facing forward because of his back banner, which is odd but not a deal breaker.  

The models take a bit of time with my schedule, but I think I found my rythym of doing the clothing and armor one day, metal flesh and steel another, and finishing it with the color changing paints. I painted the shields separate and though you can’t see it here, the Toxic purple from green stuff world really makes the purple pop, and it is perfect for the ‘golden sunrise’ kinda look I was hoping for.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

@Chumphammer where did you get the objective markers? 😮

Honest Wargamer was selling them for a while. Maybe are again? 

5 hours ago, overtninja said:

@Chumphammer That table reminds me of a WHFB table, with how the terrain is pushed all to the edges and the armies just mash in the middle 😜. I suppose that's a better way to see how the armies' rules fare without outside interference, though!

lol true, its because we had to put the 8 objectives down then just didnt move scenery back into position. Friendly fun learning game so wasnt that worried (its why we didnt play secondary objectives) 

On 9/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, JackStreicher said:

Truly magnificent!

edit: care to share the colors used? :)

Thanks.

And no problems providing the colours!

It is worth nothing that nearly every part of the elf features 2 colours - Hiril Blue and Army Painter Purple Tone, what this does is tie the models together because as your eye moves over the model it sees these colours.

Green areas are mostly done by air-brush using Scale Colour paints.

• Eldandil Violet first then layer Arphen Jade from increasingly vertical angles so the lower areas still have the purple visible through the green faintly. Finally a zenith highlight with 50/50 Arphen Jade:Hiril Blue.
    (When the edges are painted and washed, touch ups are applied as needed. The purple wash should make a "black line" between the Hiril or the steel and the green.)

Edges:

• Scale Colour Hiril Blue base, then wash with Army Painter Purple Tone, and highlight with a couple of layers of thinned Reaper Maggot White, if you wish you can add a further focus highlight of a pure white.

Ribbons, Helm Feathers etc:

• Base Reaper Maggot White, wash with thinned Scale Colour Hiril Blue, then highlight with Reaper Maggot White (again can add a pure white highlight if desired)

"Gold"

• Vallejo Air Bright Bronze, washed with Army Painter Purple Tone, highlighted with Bright Bronze (and a mix of Bright Bronze and Vallejo Air Silver on characters and the banner)

"Steel"

• Vallejo Air Chainmail, washed with Army Painter Purple Tone, highlighted with Vallejo Air Silver

Leather

• Reaper Oiled Leather, the purple wash, highlighted back with the oiled leather.

Gems

• Vallejo Air Gory Red base, Reaper Magma Red bottom half,  Reaper Lava Orange bottom 1/3 and a pure white spotlight. 

Wood

• Reaper Muddy Brown washed with Army Painter Dark Tone and a Muddy Brown highlight.

As my elves are blue... their skin is Reaper Sapphire Blue highlighted with Vallejo Mehca Sky Blue.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1