Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, woolf said:

I have tried out part of the range, the actual color shift effect varies quite a lot between them, some mainly come out as a single coloured metallic (or maybe I wasn't careful enough using them). u pretty much have to use them through airbrush so either cover the face with some silicone putty when airbrushing or you go back with your light primer after and do the face last I suppose. Also you need a black (preferably glossy) primer for the colorshift paints to work at all (on white they just come out transparent)

Have you tried the chameleon paints? That is kinda dissapointing to hear otherwise. What is the colors you bought? and I heard that you can use a paint brush too.

Those Cathaller and Stonemage items / traits are really good.  Might be worth running a second hero equivalent to pick up some of the goodies especially  if already planning to take the Vanairi Legion / Stonetemple Battalions anyway.  The cathaller really standing out especially in Zaitrec. Problem is finding 130-140 points spare for that second mage hero.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Those Cathaller and Stonemage items / traits are really good.  Might be worth running a second hero equivalent to pick up some of the goodies especially  if already planning to take the Vanairi Legion / Stonetemple Battalions anyway.  The cathaller really standing out especially in Zaitrec. Problem is finding 130-140 points spare for that second mage hero.

Like other's said though, the Zaitrec nation gets their own command trait put on them...Though interestingly enough Iliatha does not, which means you could take command traits there. The Ziatrec trait which is a pretty good dispelling one though. I think that the wizard wand is going to be the number 1 relic chosen with any list that has a battalion though, allowing for even more spell shenanigans. It will be a hard choice between that relic and the Aetherquartz broach

Also it seems Ziatrec DOES pick out a second spell from the lore AND everyone knows the Arcane sunstroke spell. I'm glad I didn't edit my lists... And holy CR*P Realm spells are going to be insane in this army.

• Like 2

I'll try to build a Zaitrec list with Teclis and two Cathallar (one with the Silver Wand), might not work out in the end, but let's see. 

BUT, at least once I have to make a list with Teclis, Eltharion and a Cathallar with the Pheonix Stone - and bring one - "my special" dice - which looks different to my others which I only use to roll for the Phoenix Stone trait. Then I only need a white cat to stroke during the rest of the game. : ) . 

@Acid_Nine Concerning Zaitrec - I think their trait works like we said yesterday: The Vanari Champions know their warcroll spell (Power of Hysh), and can pick an additional one from the Lore of Hysh. Zaitrec gives them all a +1 on their first cast, dispel/unbind. A Zaitrec Wizard Hero in addition to their warscroll spell can pick two spells from the Lore of Hysh and get's the Zaitrec spell (Overwhelming Heat). They also get the modifier. And, if you use Realm Spells, or similar lists which are open to everyone, all of them could instead pick one of those. 

28 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Like other's said though, the Zaitrec nation gets their own command trait put on them...Though interestingly enough Iliatha does not, which means you could take command traits there. The Ziatrec trait which is a pretty good dispelling one though. I think that the wizard wand is going to be the number 1 relic chosen with any list that has a battalion though, allowing for even more spell shenanigans. It will be a hard choice between that relic and the Aetherquartz broach

Also it seems Ziatrec DOES pick out a second spell from the lore AND everyone knows the Arcane sunstroke spell. I'm glad I didn't edit my lists... And holy CR*P Realm spells are going to be insane in this army.

Im more interested in the Silver Wand, in general it looks amazing for other nations too.  Lliatha looks good if you want to customize your build though since there's few restrictions, but you can take a second hero + battalion if you wanna get the best of everything I suppose for x nation.  There def will be a lot of variety for builds which is unusual for a small army due to the various small niches you can turn on and off when building.

9 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Im more interested in the Silver Wand, in general it looks amazing for other nations too.  Lliatha looks good if you want to customize your build though since there's few restrictions, but you can take a second hero + battalion if you wanna get the best of everything I suppose for x nation.  There def will be a lot of variety for builds which is unusual for a small army due to the various small niches you can turn on and off when building.

Dunno how many builds there are myself, but I made quite a few lists with what we had before the leaks. Also the silver wand is the thing I was thinking off, and definitely going to take that as my second relic choice since I pretty much think there will never be a time where I don’t bring that warden-sentinel battalion. 

Man, come to think of it if you choose the right spells you could build a “tarpit” style list, or something close to it.  Zaitec’s faction spell, Cathallar’s inbuilt spell (I think) and the Stonemage spell, maybe some shackles and the petrification rune. Just zap your opponent with all these movement spells and suddenly they are as slow as we are!

51 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

@Acid_Nine Concerning Zaitrec - I think their trait works like we said yesterday: The Vanari Champions know their warcroll spell (Power of Hysh), and can pick an additional one from the Lore of Hysh. Zaitrec gives them all a +1 on their first cast, dispel/unbind. A Zaitrec Wizard Hero in addition to their warscroll spell can pick two spells from the Lore of Hysh and get's the Zaitrec spell (Overwhelming Heat). They also get the modifier. And, if you use Realm Spells, or similar lists which are open to everyone, all of them could instead pick one of those. 

Actually, Thanks to the Hacker Known as 4Chan, we have the page! Looking on that Anti-AoS forum actually worked!

"You can choose or roll for one spell for each WIZARD in your army."

"Lore of Hysh- Teclis, Cathallar, Eltharion (FAQ inbound probably), And Vanari Wizards Only"

Annnnnnnd from the faction trait page 

"In addition, each Ziatrec wizard knows 1 extra spell from the appropriate spell lore (see  page 66-67)"

furthermore, when it mentions the sunstroke spell, It says that wizards know that in addition to any other spell they know.

sooooooo yea. Super geek wizards are a go

nope, nope, I was wrong and you are right. only Heroes know extra spells! There goes every squad knowing the same spells to keep unity like I really wanted

Edited by Acid_Nine

So Eltharion. I think he needs a FAQ, but let's have some fun:

According to the Lore of Hysh he has access to that spell lore. And although he is a resurrected lightbulb he is still hooked on Aetherquartz, right ?

That means he could use his Aetherquartz for "Magical Insight" which allows him to cast "an additional" spell, which means he could cast one spell during the whole game (or two in case you pick the Great Nation of Syar). 

Of course, the "an additional" could mean he must be able to cast a spell in the first place to use this option, but that would be the only way I can think of right now that including him in the Lore of Hysh would make sense. If that's correct, I think they should mention it on his warscroll to make it clear. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Thanks 1

So, my none teclis list now we know more is similar to the one on the last page but with tweeks and items:

Zaitrec
Eltharion: 220 
Alarith Stonemage  - 130 pts - General, Fast Learner, Gift of Celennar. Spells: Overwhelming heat, Assault of stone, Voice of the mountains
Scinari Cathallar - 140 pts - Silver Wand. Spells: Overwhelming heat, protection of Hysh, Total Eclipse 

30 Wardens - 360 pts – Spell: protection of Hysh, Overwhelming heat
10 Wardens - 120 pts - Ethereal Blessing, Overwhelming heat
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Lambent Light,, Overwhelming heat
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Solar Flare, Overwhelming heat,
5 Dawnriders – 130 pts - Swiftness of Hysh, Overwhelming heat,
5 Alarath Stoneguard - 100pts (Hammers)
Avalenor, The stoneheart King – 360pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones – 30 pts
1990pts total
, 6 drops, 111 Wounds, 10 Units

8 Casts, 8 dispels

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Reading the alliance abilities it says" each unit in a lumineth realm lords army starts the battle with 1 aetherquartz reserve", does this mean once a unit has used its one 1 aetherquartz it cannot use anymore for the rest of the battle?

yes, unless you take Syar as your faction then you get 2 per unit

I take it Syar also take the -1 for bravery twice though? Which means they’d hilariously go down to bravery 4 and be as skittish as Skaven.

Unlike my Great Nation of Iliatha who boast the greatest bravery of 8-9 *smiles smugly*

Edited by Tiberius501

10 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I take it Syar also take the -1 for bravery twice though? Which means they’d hilariously go down to bravery 4 and be as skittish as Skaven.

Unlike my Great Nation of Iliatha who boast the greatest bravery of 8-9 *smiles smugly*

So you take Eltherion and spam his bra 10 bubble

1 hour ago, TheHarrower said:

Had a chance to review this on a friend's stream. It's up on YouTube here:

Cheers for this. Wow, Magical insite is great. 1 aetherstone to cast an extras spell. this can be really useful if you really need to hammer a magic phase through. Hmmmm :)

But I dont see Elthaerion being able to cast with it. lets you cast an extra spell if you are a wizard, not make you a wizard who can cast a spell

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

yes, unless you take Syar as your faction then you get 2 per unit

That makes sense, that makes Syar even more valuable especially in bigger point games where you are likely taking more units each with their own aetherquartz reserves. 

Making that choice between the freedom of Iliatha, the reliability of Syar, the dependability of Ymetrica or the spell variety of Zaitrec difficult to make. Really loving that we don't have the one superior choice, there is enough viability for all four, on paper at least.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

That's why you take the Cathallar. You just pass off that bravery penalty to an enemy unit within 18". She also lets you ignore a Battleshock Test for a friendly unit within 18" on a 2+. You oass that off to another unit. So if you lose 10 Sentinels in a turn and you roll a 2+, an enemy unit within 18" that has to take a Battleshock  test adds a -10 to it. There are ways to mitigate it.

8 minutes ago, TheHarrower said:

That's why you take the Cathallar. You just pass off that bravery penalty to an enemy unit within 18". She also lets you ignore a Battleshock Test for a friendly unit within 18" on a 2+. You oass that off to another unit. So if you lose 10 Sentinels in a turn and you roll a 2+, an enemy unit within 18" that has to take a Battleshock  test adds a -10 to it. There are ways to mitigate it.

I’m not sure I like the Cathallar ability to do that, and if it’s fun for the opponent to cop, is my only issue with it. It’s sort of funny to imagine Blightkings screaming and running away during a battle that’s meant to be scary.

Its a great ability, just hurts my narrative group. 

55 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m not sure I like the Cathallar ability to do that, and if it’s fun for the opponent to cop, is my only issue with it. It’s sort of funny to imagine Blightkings screaming and running away during a battle that’s meant to be scary.

Its a great ability, just hurts my narrative group. 

For games with friends, I’ll definitely pass the bravery debuff to them instead my units, but I doubt I’ll force them to take my battle shock test, it’s probably the one thing in the book that I see as being a negative play experience for the opponent.

1 hour ago, Sleepers said:

For games with friends, I’ll definitely pass the bravery debuff to them instead my units, but I doubt I’ll force them to take my battle shock test, it’s probably the one thing in the book that I see as being a negative play experience for the opponent.

Yeah that and the cancelling movement spells are my only gripes with our faction really. 

8 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Have you tried the chameleon paints? That is kinda dissapointing to hear otherwise. What is the colors you bought? and I heard that you can use a paint brush too.

Yeah so I bought the Greenstuff World Chameleon Set 2 which includes: Mystic Gold, Tropical Green, Storm Surge Green, Emerald Getaway, Red Goblin and Martian Green. I havent actually tried to brush them on but when I looked around online the advice generally seemed to be to airbrush them although the company says you can brush them on as well. I would think you probably need to go with a lot of thin layers (probably 5+ coats) if you brush them if you want a good effect so could be a bit time consuming. Through airbrush though it was straight forward to use them. 

The Martian Green and Red Goblin are the ones I seemed to get the most pronounced color shift effect, for the others it was more a slight "shimmer" or not much effect at all (e.g. Mystic gold just came out as uniform green/gold with no real shifting for me)

Attaching some pictures (mobile camera so the quality is pretty poor - maybe a bit helpful anyways..) the eel is done with Martian Green, but the effect is actually much stronger on that than what shows on the picture I would say (I also used a matt varnish on the eel which diminished the effect a bit although didnt kill it).

Ofc dont want to discourage! you should try for yourself, main advice though, make sure to have a glossy black to put them on (otherwise they dont work at all). And you can get some really cool effects with these paints, they just need a bit of work :)

Cheers,

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-25 at 09.37.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-25 at 09.37.04 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-25 at 09.37.04 (2).jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

So, my none teclis list now we know more is similar to the one on the last page but with tweeks and items:

Zaitrec
Eltharion: 220 
Alarith Stonemage  - 130 pts - General, Fast Learner, Gift of Celennar. Spells: Overwhelming heat, Assault of stone, Voice of the mountains
Scinari Cathallar - 140 pts - Silver Wand. Spells: Overwhelming heat, protection of Hysh, Total Eclipse 

30 Wardens - 360 pts – Spell: protection of Hysh, Overwhelming heat
10 Wardens - 120 pts - Ethereal Blessing, Overwhelming heat
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Lambent Light,, Overwhelming heat
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Solar Flare, Overwhelming heat,
5 Dawnriders – 130 pts - Swiftness of Hysh, Overwhelming heat,
5 Alarath Stoneguard - 100pts (Hammers)
Avalenor, The stoneheart King – 360pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones – 30 pts
1990pts total
, 6 drops, 111 Wounds, 10 Units

8 Casts, 8 dispels

I think that this is they way 2 go. 

The only problem that is see is that you could have problems against heavy orde army. 

I will try to improve endless number (8 cast and just 1 endless?), and the knight number (at least 10 to have a 30" charge with a full buffed unit).  I'm more focused on: 2 battalions Knight + Legion (3 drop list), with more endless.

Edited by Raffonerd
  • Like 1