Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

22 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Gargants are really popular aren't they? They're pretty much THE timmy army in terms of aesthetic.

Also I really hope they don't tie the subfactions to the general again. Even in the current book its barely justified since the benefits tend to focus on the mancrushers as much or more than the megas.

Knights are popular too, but seeing full armies of them remains pretty rare due to perceptions (valid or not) of them being skew or unfun to play against.

if you are in tournaments or events with 2000 pt you will see them a lot more but people playing smaller games it hard to field and play them.

both because one mega/Knight skewed 500pt games but also a lot of the PtG/ Crusade battleplan are built to not favor them until they reach a certain point threshold.

On 9/22/2022 at 3:27 AM, Holy_Diver said:

So 4th tribe coming? 
I'm noticing little excitement in this thread...despite the new releases and the fact that the alliance continues to be in the top tier.

they are not as many Destruction players on this Forum as there use to be, you're better off in a discord channel like AoS coaches

• 2 weeks later...

i seen some good stuff, Terror has improved that makes your Megas like NH, Brodds Prays are all pretty nice, Gatebreaker can choice to forgoes his flail attack for 4d6 MW on a 4+, some ways to get 3d6 charge outside of Kragnos

no allies though which is a shame but i am not surprised 

probably the few tomes this edition that i am impress with the changes that book is worth the purchase

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

I think the new book is a step in the right direction but definitely had a couple big misses.

Bosses of the stomp needed to change. They tried to make mancrushers more relevant then just left that battalion alone, when it was a major component of why mega spam was good.

New mightier makes rightier is a bad direction. It disincentivizes fighting even more than previously.

Overall its a step up though so I'm happy. Smasher tribe and brodd both look like fun to play with, and thankfully the BT & GS aren't trivial like tzeentch's were.

• Like 1

yeah mightier makes rightier table and more swingy damage profiles seems to push gargant into the same playstyle pre-battletome just with more fun abilities to use if the occasion arrives. seems like too much specific abilities and bonus against monster (or kill a monster) like the rampages.

though i see a lot of neat stuff like Terror, Brodds d3 heal prayer and ability to ignore rampages from other monster, the 4d6 MW on the gatebraker on 4+, ways to get 3d6 charges, Mancrusher at 150/450 is pretty cheap, deathgrip now a pesudo reroll against monsters

i mean if the winrate goes down, less chance of getting nerf later on i guess lol

My Smasher Army List

Tribe: Smasher

Battalion: Bosses of the Stomp (Magnificent)
General: Beast-Smasher Mega with Mantle of Tusks and Horns and Marrow and Horns and Marrow Drinker

Beast-Smasher Mega with Arcane Tome

Battalion: Footsloggas (Unified)

King Brodd

Mancrusher

Mancrusher

1920 Total

• Like 1

21 hours ago, novakai said:

yeah mightier makes rightier table and more swingy damage profiles seems to push gargant into the same playstyle pre-battletome just with more fun abilities to use if the occasion arrives. seems like too much specific abilities and bonus against monster (or kill a monster) like the rampages.

though i see a lot of neat stuff like Terror, Brodds d3 heal prayer and ability to ignore rampages from other monster, the 4d6 MW on the gatebraker on 4+, ways to get 3d6 charges, Mancrusher at 150/450 is pretty cheap, deathgrip now a pesudo reroll against monsters

i mean if the winrate goes down, less chance of getting nerf later on i guess lol

The question that I have not yet understood is: is it better to set the list more for DPS or tanking?
There are several solutions at the moment and I doubt that the 4 Megas is convenient anymore, as half of the battle traits are dedicated to mancrushers.

Edited by Holy_Diver

2 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

The question that I have not yet understood is: is it better to set the list more for DPS or tanking?
There are several solutions at the moment and I doubt that the 4 Megas is convenient anymore, as half of the battle traits are dedicated to mancrushers.

We will see but Mancrusher have their own faults and problems, they might not be enticing either but are definitely stronger.

their biggest benefit is that they are cheaper and with stomper tribe and the war stomper having the most Dps potential, you can probably build a rather agressive army with them.

• Like 1

this is probably the list i want to try out and see how good Mancrusher can be.

Stomper tribe.

Warstomper (General, Monsterously tough, Club of the First Oak) 450

King Brodd 580

2 Mancrusher Mob 900 (maybe one mob i will split into 3 seperate Mancrushers)

4 hours ago, LiftForSwift said:

They wanted to push babies (it seems, with all the traits and abilities) but they didn't buff their survivability at all and nerfed their damage by half. They made an already bad warscroll even worse IMO.

In some sort they are better now, but you must elaborate the list around a mob.
My diagnosis a few days after the new tome is that: Stomper for mobs or Smasher for single minis. 
Without forgetting that the minis do not degrade on "Mightier Makes Rightier".

5 hours ago, LiftForSwift said:

They wanted to push babies (it seems, with all the traits and abilities) but they didn't buff their survivability at all and nerfed their damage by half. They made an already bad warscroll even worse IMO.

They didn't nerf the damage by half.

They went from 10 damage 1 attacks to 4 damage 2 attacks, but the unit captain gets +1 attack.

thats only a 20% drop on the club attacks.

• Like 1

Mancrushers only really lose out if you were taking them in Stomper tribe before, where their 10 Attacks suddenly jumped to Damage 2 into the right targets. I think it's a fine trade-off though as the new Stomper tribe doesn't have a borked general, so it's suddenly much more appealing to run either with or without any Mancrushers - and the 'spreading' commands is a cool new gimmick for them. 

Playing with lists at the moment and these are my favourite two so far:

Breaker Tribe: Idiots with Flags

Gatebreaker General, Glowy Shield of Protectiveness, Monsterously Tough

Gatebreaker, Amberbone Totem,

Kraken Eater

Mancrusha Mob

One of each Gargant battalion for extra artefact and untied.

Stomper Tribe:

Stomper General, Eager for a Fight and Glowy Shield of Protectiveness

Gatebreaker, Amberbone Totem

King Brodd

3 * 1 Mancrushas

Can't for the life of me decide between them, the Breaker Tribe feels like it's going to be better at winning games but the Stompier feels more fun.  Might even be temped to switch the Gatebreaker for a Kraken Eater in the Stomper one, but I have leaving points unspent.