Favourite Black Library Books 2019 Edition

shinros

Since I am normally a grouch, decided to make a positive topic. In any order what's your favourite Black Library books released in 2019? I will start. Also since this is well...an AOS forum I do think it would be fair to at least have an AOS book on the list. Thinking of doing a topic like this near the end of every year. 

Dark Harvest by Josh Reynolds

Requiem Infernal by Peter Fehervari

Gloomspite by Andy Clark

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

First good of you to defeat the inner grouch. Two I think I read everything released this year but only 3 titles pop immediately  into my head 🧐 (which I’m not even sure were released this year)

1. Gloomspire. Sure Bossgrot was fun but that’s always how trots are portrait. Gloomspite though... ****** me I developed a mushroom trauma and want to collect the army now. 

2. Bone Desert: a short story about Gotrek where some KO are send to kill him and are such badass mercenaries. I changed my basing for my KO because of that story. (Ghoulslayer vied for this spot as well)

3. Code of the skies. If it was a full novel it would haven taken top spot. Such good writing and fleshing out of a faction.  Imo the foremost reason for black Library to exist is these types of books... but longer ;) 

thanks for the dark harvest suggestion missed it and now very interested. 

Edited by Kramer
@michu supplied a missing title. Thanks 👍
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kramer said:

2. Forgot the name but a short story about Gotrek where some KO are send to kill him and are so badass mercenaries. I changed my basing for my KO because of that story. (Ghoulslayer vied for this spot as well)

That's Bone Desert.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Now I'm making my way through Thieves Paradise this Christmas break. 

It would make a great setting for Warhammer Quest! 

Oh man, Send them that idea! Makes instant sense from narrative to gameplay, and even the characters write themselves  

Because I’m so ready for a new warhammer quest in AoS but now with the learnings of blackstone fortress, hammerhal and silver tower. 
i

Gloomspite's definitely my favourite of the year, and I think maybe my favourite AOS novel so far. It does such a good job of making the core characters really likable, and then dropping them in a bunch of really horrible, dangerous situations that have you really invested in their fates. 

Started Dark Harvest over Christmas and really enjoying that too, it's like a Warhammer version of The Wicker Man!