December Warband Release

Rodiger

Sorry of this has been covered before, I couldn't see anything though. From looking through the leaked release schedule and price list for November and December that has been floating around for a few weeks, there are the War Cry warbands listed as a release for 14th December with a U.S price of $65. So far that leak has been spot on with release, date and price so it looks legit. Does anyone know what this is? At face value it looks like a straight up $15 price increase, which with current GW pricing would not surprise me, but it is the same release week as the Slaves To Darkness Battletome which makes me wonder if they are a rebox without the cards and more models. What do people think?

No one knows what it means save for GW. 

It might be a price rise; it might be the document got it wrong; it might be combined sets on a limited or full release (two sprues per box instead of one); it might be something else going in the box. 

More models would make more sense; bumping them to 20 per pack would make them very attractive as an option to build your core infantry from for AoS and its very clear that GW intends them to be a good solid core of the new Slaves to Darkness army. 

We just have to wait until December. With them being sold on the 14th we can expect previews of the pre-order on the 1st of December so at that point we should know the full details. That's just 2 weeks away now. 

I was thinking about this and I don't think they would hike the price that much on a relatively new product line (also every warband is still in print right now I believe).  I am also not sure they would just double the sprues  as almost everyone would go for these new packages as they save cash and have more flexibility with their warband builds.  Also there are too many unique characters in these warbands to duplicate them and have them not look strange.  What I think they are going to do is add chaotic beasts to each kit.  3 of the smaller creatures from the starter or maybe one of the new ones we saw previewed (I hope but that would make them a hell of deal so probably not).  That is just a guess based what is on  the sprues and what would make sense.

I really hope they don’t hike the prices up! Also I don’t see them doubling the sprues, for the reasons @passtheKhorneplease mentioned. Maybe added chaotic beasts but I don’t think people would be too excited for that. Do we have any names on the leaks or just « warcry warbands »? It would be cool if it’s an extended kit with alternative models...

I hope we hear about it soon!

14 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

There's one listed for each of the current warbands.

I'm very, very curious and hesitantly excited.

The plot thickens 🤔

Maybe it’ll be like the kill team starter boxes that came with terrain? Since they said the starter box wouldn’t be around for ever, and the standalone terrain set doesn’t include everything from the starter...

11 hours ago, Moldek said:

The plot thickens 🤔

Maybe it’ll be like the kill team starter boxes that came with terrain? Since they said the starter box wouldn’t be around for ever, and the standalone terrain set doesn’t include everything from the starter...

Hmm, that's a possibility. Wouldn't be much value for people collecting the Warcry groups for Slave to Darkness, however.

It would be cool if each one was more of a Warband starter kit. Include the models and cards, plus some tokens, maybe a folding ruler, custom-color dice themed to the Warband, a dice holder/tracker, and a little notebook with pre-made forms for keeping track of their battles. It would make it really easy for new players to jump in and play on any sort of board or terrain they might already have. 

Well, from what only says '14th December, Warband name, then $65 dollars, we can't tell much. However with some inference and good old dose of wild speculation we can make some guesses.

First thing is they don't say 'warcry' before the listing, although other entries also don't state the game system. The list does appear to be in game system order though and they are sandwiched between the Slaves To Darkness releases and some AOS Terrain. There is a new Warcry book listed after this. This suggests that they are part of the Slaves to Darkness release. 

I also don't think that it is a price rise. I agree with @passtheKhorneplease that if it were more sprues it would indeed look odd. I like the idea @Moldek has about the Killteam style release with terrain, the price seems about right.

If it is part of the Slaves to Darkness release though then it may be a double set minus the cards, comparing a warband price to similar things like a Necromunda Gang, $42, what were the cards $8? that would be about right and make them $50. Could be  double limited time Christmas set minus the cards, the Chrimbo boxes are on sale the week before after all. Could be 2 extra sprues instead of 3, I don't know the sprue composition well enough, are the leader and special fighters on their own sprue, or are the mixed up with the others, and is it different for every warband?

I have no idea, my gut feeling is they are for Slaves to Darkness, I have no idea in what form they will turn up though. 

Edited by Rodiger
Fix wrong release date

59 minutes ago, Rodiger said:

Well, from what only says '14th December, Warband name, then $65 dollars, we can't tell much. However with some inference and good old dose of wild speculation we can make some guesses.

First thing is they don't say 'warcry' before the listing, although other entries also don't state the game system. The list does appear to be in game system order though and they are sandwiched between the Slaves To Darkness releases and some AOS Terrain. There is a new Warcry book listed after this. This suggests that they are part of the Slaves to Darkness release. 

I also don't think that it is a price rise. I agree with @passtheKhorneplease that if it were more sprues it would indeed look odd. I like the idea @Moldek has about the Killteam style release with terrain, the price seems about right.

If it is part of the Slaves to Darkness release though then it may be a double set minus the cards, comparing a warband price to similar things like a Necromunda Gang, $42, what were the cards $8? that would be about right and make them $50. Could be  double limited time Christmas set minus the cards, the Chrimbo boxes are on sale the week before after all. Could be 2 extra sprues instead of 3, I don't know the sprue composition well enough, are the leader and special fighters on their own sprue, or are the mixed up with the others, and is it different for every warband?

I have no idea, my gut feeling is they are for Slaves to Darkness, I have no idea in what form they will turn up though. 

Good catch on the possibility that it’s an aos release. I don’t recall exactly how the sprues were arranged but yeah it could be some added grunts, although the kits are very monopose so it wouldn’t be a very exciting buy. They feel a bit tacked on to StD given their design, really not suited for big units...

On 11/19/2019 at 10:44 AM, Moldek said:

Good catch on the possibility that it’s an aos release. I don’t recall exactly how the sprues were arranged but yeah it could be some added grunts, although the kits are very monopose so it wouldn’t be a very exciting buy. They feel a bit tacked on to StD given their design, really not suited for big units...

Most were three sprues half the size of the box, so there's room for more stuff

If there's something warbands need to add, it's another, different Leader model. All the Death, Destruction, and Order armies have multiple different leaders .

I'm also pretty certain that we will hear of what is coming out in the week just before the launch, so be ready to go scoop what you wanted if it's just a price hike.

The Warbands are 1 sprue broken into 3 segments (you can see the broken connection parts on the sprue). So they can't just put one more "grunt" sprue into the box. It's all or nothing. 

I figure we'll hear about the releases on the 14th two weeks before on the release preview, so the 1st of December. That's in one week from now. 

4 hours ago, Overread said:

The Warbands are 1 sprue broken into 3 segments (you can see the broken connection parts on the sprue). So they can't just put one more "grunt" sprue into the box. It's all or nothing. 

I figure we'll hear about the releases on the 14th two weeks before on the release preview, so the 1st of December. That's in one week from now. 

Man but I want it now!

i am kinda surprised we didn’t hear more about the fire guys too, just another preview would have been good. I’m most excited for the GHB equivalent, as I hope it has rules for more warbands from the game.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:08 AM, passtheKhorneplease said:

I can't wait to find out because I just got the starter and I love the models in there and want some splintered fang and Corvus warbands but I am not going to move on them till I know what are in these new boxes

We should know at least a few days before preorder. If it is just a repack and price hike, you’ll want to order it at a lower price before then.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, Acid_Nine said:

i am kinda surprised we didn’t hear more about the fire guys too, just another preview would have been good. 

I'm sure these will be previewed at the New Year event they usually have. I'm assuming they'll release Warcry similarly to Underworlds with a new set of warbands each year with one coming a quarter or at least something coming each quarter. Those three new monsters we've seen for instance could be one of the quarterly releases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I am happy I could now buy double the size of a warband box, but is GW throwing away the card system?

I don't think so, these are AOS boxes not War Cry. There isn't much point in including the cards for a different game system. I wonder how long they will stick around.