Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

They stopped adding content like 6 months ago.

Makes sense. The Tamurkhan supplement being added might convince me to get WH+ for a month or 2, and binge a few of the animations while I am at it.

Oh well :/

Edited by Goatforce
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Makes sense. The Tamurkhan supplement being added might convince me to get WH+ for a month or 2, and binge a few of the animations while I am at it.

Oh well :/

GW is completely out of touch with their customer base, they miss every opportunity to capitalize on public interest.

adding Thamurkan (reworked rules or Profiles TOW?) would generate sales for WH+

You can’t expect them to act smart. (their managers that is)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

GW is completely out of touch with their customer base, they miss every opportunity to capitalize on public interest.

Yeah, sometimes it feels like the ones making decisions know nothing about their products and customers.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

We don't actually know if that's true, and it could be users of the vault (which is pretty extensive) are very limited. If they stopped uploading, it presumably was because it wasn't reaching it's objectives.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

WH+ isn't about adding rules, though. Previous FW books made for former editions of 40k that are in the vault are about the background only. If they added Tamurkhan, that's what we would have, I'm pretty sure of it.

And to be honest, I don't think adding Tamurkhan to the vault would really generate significant sales for WH+. Once you've seen it you've seen it all : you don't really need to maintain the subscription to read content you're fine with reading once. It only caters to a very small portion of people, in the end (not like there aren't already plenty of lore videos on Youtube on Tamurkhan's events : nowadays people watch more videos than reading books on a subscription website).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, petitionercity said:

We don't actually know if that's true, and it could be users of the vault (which is pretty extensive) are very limited. If they stopped uploading, it presumably was because it wasn't reaching it's objectives.

My answer was not entirely vault specific it’s mire of a general assertion.

Posted (edited)

Decided to keep my AOS Troggoths on their 50mm rounds, and make trays to accommodate them in TOW.  Here's what I came up; gonna try out the CNC machine at the library.  Magnet holes in the center.  Figured 3 wide is fine, though I see some people like 4.  But others say even 4 monstrous infantry/cavalry can get unwieldly on the tabletop with maneuvering, etc.  If they suck in 3s I'll just make some in 4s to try.  The 120mm blocky front edge is for a clear line of engagement which seems kinda necessary in this particular game.

troll tray preview.JPG

Edited by Lord Krungharr
  • Like 6

Sigh. I set up email reminders for the magic items and lores of magic cards ages ago, and yesterday I got the email saying the were back in stock. I rushed to the computer to order them, but they weren't on the website. Phoned GW and was told that they'd probably appear in due course and to mash F5.

Today, they finally appear, and I manage to bad the magic items. Lores of magic are already sold out. Why can't GW do these things as made to order.

• Sad 1

Seriously all their out of stock stuff should be handled made to order, with a note that the order may take 6 months or more.  I'd much rather pay for something now and wait 9 months for it to arrive than sign up for email notifications only for the product to sell out again between the time I get the email and the time I've clicked through the link.

The current system feels as though it's deliberately designed to favor scalpers, because scalping bots can stare at email inboxes all day every day and mash f5 on a store page the moment they receive something far faster than any human can.  Maybe that's why the scalpers always have new unopened boxes of black knights / hexwraiths going for double or more msrp on ebay with plenty in stock while I haven't been able to order them from the GW web page for more than a year now.

• Thanks 3

Yep. I'm not going to post scalper prices for these cards because I don't want them enough, buy if I did I'd be much less likely to if I know I could get them eventually at retail price. I don't need them now, I just weeks life to own them for completions sake.

On 5/1/2024 at 2:25 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

Decided to keep my AOS Troggoths on their 50mm rounds, and make trays to accommodate them in TOW.  Here's what I came up; gonna try out the CNC machine at the library.  Magnet holes in the center.  Figured 3 wide is fine, though I see some people like 4.  But others say even 4 monstrous infantry/cavalry can get unwieldly on the tabletop with maneuvering, etc.  If they suck in 3s I'll just make some in 4s to try.  The 120mm blocky front edge is for a clear line of engagement which seems kinda necessary in this particular game.

troll tray preview.JPG

Make the middle one higher to overlap then you don’t need to have a tray in the wrong size

Just ordered the old giant and war wyrven on made to order, such great models! 

Tho still waiting for some made to order brets so not holding my breath ill get these anytime soon! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Just ordered the old giant and war wyrven on made to order, such great models! 

Tho still waiting for some made to order brets so not holding my breath ill get these anytime soon! 

Same! Prices where actually better than expected so also got both 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, return_of_grom said:

Same! Prices where actually better than expected so also got both 😁

Something I've been planning to do for a while is collect and paint the 4th edition box set but with actual models instead of cardboard cut outs so the war wyrven was a must! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ufff, still 100 pounds for both of them... it hurts.

Thankfully they didn't go by ebay prices or it would have been a lot more than £50 each! 

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Thankfully they didn't go by ebay prices or it would have been a lot more than £50 each! 

Wow. I had no clue. I think the eBay prices don't help us at all. It gives GW enough room for us to think it is a sweet price but also for them to get a huge margin on their minis.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. I had no clue. I think the eBay prices don't help us at all. It gives GW enough room for us to think it is a sweet price but also for them to get a huge margin on their minis.

I was expecting £50 bases on the wyrven they now sell. 

The giant was £25-£30 30+ years ago and while of course I'll rather pay 1990"s prices, I don't think £50 is to absurd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The giant was £25-£30 30+ years ago and while of course I'll rather pay 1990"s prices, I don't think £50 is to absurd. 

That feels in line with inflation!

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Oh, then I gotta agree. Pretty nice price indeed.

• Thanks 1