Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

15 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

image.png.6ec526a6addbaf0ff7a04dc06d47f872.png

This is from a stream today. Valrak still claims that it is Bretonna vs. Tomb Kings and has been saying this for a while now. And so far his track record has been pretty good (too bad he cares nothing for SIgmar lol).

Personally I would find it really weird that they been throwing those two factions at us and then would randomly reveal two other factions as the starter lol.

OK, real talk though: What could "something huge that would shake the foundations" even possibly be in relation to the old world?

If they are re-releasing the old Bretonnian kits I kind of find it hard to believe that they are planning to release massive amounts of new models.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's obviously ridiculous, they would never put fish elves into Warhammer.

What units would they even get? Eel riders? Giant turtles? Kings on seahorses?

Eeels, giant turtles, seahorses, etc... riding Elves!!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

OK, real talk though: What could "something huge that would shake the foundations" even possibly be in relation to the old world?

If they are re-releasing the old Bretonnian kits I kind of find it hard to believe that they are planning to release massive amounts of new models.

If I was to guess I would say it would be actual models and list for Kislev, Nippon or Chaos Dwarfs.

However, as mentioned, Valrak only has a passing interest in anything non 40K related, so he could be getting The Old World and Age of Sigmar messed up. Plus, this is stuff he’s just heard which doesn’t make it true. GW work years ahead with things and what could be released as one thing this year, may be tweaked and changed if they choose to go down a different design path.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

If I was to guess I would say it would be actual models and list for Kislev, Nippon or Chaos Dwarfs.

However, as mentioned, Valrak only has a passing interest in anything non 40K related, so he could be getting The Old World and Age of Sigmar messed up. Plus, this is stuff he’s just heard which doesn’t make it true. GW work years ahead with things and what could be released as one thing this year, may be tweaked and changed if they choose to go down a different design path.

Is that "foundation shaking" though? I mean, it would definitely be cool and surprising if they put out a complete list and models for any of these factions. But would it shake the foundations of Warhammer?

When I hear "shaking the foundations" I imagine something like "WHFB is properly back, all old armies are available again". Although that is probably too much?

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is that "foundation shaking" though? I mean, it would definitely be cool and surprising if they put out a complete list and models for any of these factions. But would it shake the foundations of Warhammer?

When I hear "shaking the foundations" I imagine something like "WHFB is properly back, all old armies are available again". Although that is probably too much?

Depends on what Valrak has heard and from whom. I agree my guess wouldn’t be foundation shaking but to certain people it would be. And if they are talking to Valrak, he will repeat the same and maybe put more on it foundation shaking as he’s not really interested in anything fantasy based.

A lot of rumours are based on how people describe things and if you look back in the day at stuff being leaked and what they are referring to, it’s easy to see how somebody could describe it like that.

It’s not long now before we find out what they are showing off and I’m trying not to expect too much as I won’t see what I want to see 🤣

• Like 1

Releasing two abandoned factions in a starter set sounds like a good idea to convince people that they actually learned a lesson from killing WFB. Now all comes to execution.

Putting really old minis as a Grand Groundshaking Premiere of a new system would look like cabaret imo. It would be acceptable if some of WFB minis would be in the end in those armies but c'mon. You don't attract people with stuff they could have bought years ago even if it's about sentiment. Their feeling are located in the setting not the sculpts themselves.

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Maybe they’re planning a big re-release of all old armies and discontinued stuff on Forge World?

As of right now the only non-Bloodbowl fantasy stuff they have left is a Khorne Herald  with the rest of that store site’s fantasy section suspiciously empty:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar

• LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Maybe they’re planning a big re-release of all old armies and discontinued stuff on Forge World?

As of right now the only non-Bloodbowl fantasy stuff they have left is a Khorne Herald  with the rest of that store site’s fantasy section suspiciously empty:

I wonder to what degree Forgeworld phasing out their fantasy stuff and The Old World being developed are connected. It absolutely seems plausible that this is done to free up production capacity for TOW. TOW still has the potential to be an absolutely massive project if GW really wants to pour ressources into the game and treat it as their 3rd/4th/5th pillar.

Not sure I find the idea of old Forgeworld stuff coming back very plausible, though. I recall that when TOW was announced they still had a fairly decent selection of fantasy models. Seems weird to reduce production over that time period only to announce that you will be starting it back up.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder to what degree Forgeworld phasing out their fantasy stuff and The Old World being developed are connected.

Personally I think extremely close as FW only started dropping off fantasy models after TOW was announced. So it does feel like they’re making room exclusively for it.

Wfb reviving as a FW product with discontinued armies and new big resin releases(as Hastings said) does sound like a foundation shifter when compared to the past. Especially if it is replacing Horus Heresy as their new main project.

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Clearly 40k is being squatted and we're getting Age of The Emperor. 

Age of Guilliman, let’s go! 👏 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

It's a bit sad to see the AoS label in the forgeworld webside... 
A few weeks ago I've ended reading the Imperial Armory: Badab Wars, and I think it's awesome. Something like that could work for AoS, some subfactions that are tied in a narrative-driven story but completely legal in matche dplay sounds awesome.

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Not even as a joke @Neil Arthur Hotep! I just got started on my Chaos White-Scars army, not to mention the Dark Mechanicus and Night Lords.....

I can see the logical leap between Tomb Kings and Night Lords - after Night Lords are done with their enemies, all that is left of them is their skeleton!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I need a lot more bat-winged helmets in 40k!

Horus Heresy nightlords are just freaking awesome to play with!

I completely agree, in fact my next big hobby purchase are some Night Lords upgrade kits. I sincerely hope we get to see the often teased Eighth Legion’s assault on Craftworld Ulthwe in Tenth Edition. They’ve been talking about it since 7th Edition and I want to see it happen!!!

• LOVE IT! 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:50 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

To be fair Valrak barely has a passing interest in 40k. Hearing him talk about anything non-Marine is just pure cringe because he is completely ignorant of it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Everbody let's go ! The hype train is gonna leave town tomorrow, and it has no brakes.

FB_IMG_1682687036273.jpg.299b610e3cdf910a41e96dbd09ea6cba.jpg

OMG seeing that map again on GW socials...I feel so happy, it's like seeing an old friend after a long time spent apart. I know I am going to get milked HARD for those nostalgiabucks, but why else would I work than to afford the Warhammers I couldn't years and years ago?

• Like 5