AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

The only problem OBR has in terms of overtuning is petrifex. Nothing in the army is incredibly overpowered without petrifex and mortek are priced just fine as long as they do not have access to BOTH +1 save and rend.

I think a Mortis Praetorian list with Katakros is just the right balance for them for a competetive game. 

Increasing points will only force petrifex, not fix any issue. Another fear is if the balancing is done pre Corona, as the newer books like Tzeentch and Seraphon is completely dominating those tournaments that does take place and the TTS scene. Tzeentch shooting and magic, and specifically Kroak+salamander lists er blasting all competition away.

The best thing that could happen to OBR would be for petrifex to get an adjustment, either with the save or the command ability. The fast fix would be to switch Mortis Praetorians and Petrifex commands around, but would probably just create a 100% Katakros meta anyway.

More expensive Mortek would make them too poor for anything but petrifex, but that is what happens with a sub factions basically adding power in a manner which makes units seem 30%+ better than they actually are without the crutch.

hi guys! where in the book does it say that Nagash knows all spells? I checked his warscroll, the allegiance ability page and the lore page but doesn't seem to say anywhere... I use the digital version in the azyr App. thanks!

20 minutes ago, woolf said:

hi guys! where in the book does it say that Nagash knows all spells? I checked his warscroll, the allegiance ability page and the lore page but doesn't seem to say anywhere... I use the digital version in the azyr App. thanks!

Pape 77. The page of the spells. On top of the page.

19 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Do you use Apple or Android? I use the Android Version and I have the sentence. Maybe something went wrong with the file.

Android, so the version of the app that is on google play. Its version 4.4.3, updated on 25 Mar 2020

42 minutes ago, Shawry said:

What about this picture? I know I'll find out in a week 

Screenshot_20200704-082731.png

It's probably wrong. There are photos about the new book and Ossiarch remain unchanged in point costs. We don't know if there changes in their rules (petrifex?). Or will they make a faq after the book release?

Greetings

Edited by ACBelMutie

What do you guys think of the attached list? 

We play in a 1500p CTL tournament league on 48x48 boards. There are Fyreslayers, OBR, Ironjaws, Reaper Nighthaunt, Starcast, Sylvaneth, Bloodthisterspam and Legion of Sacrament in my meta.

I don't want to field the regular blocks of indestructable Mortek Guard. So i am open for your ideas.:)

The overal strategy is that the 20 Mortek babysit the Crawler and the Mason, while the Kavalos units and the Stalkers go hunting.

I am not 100% on the battleline. Would 10/10 Mortek and 10 Deathriders be better? My deathriders have swords so a big unit might be too static.

5569A195-A21C-4771-961A-4A9F2346BE6F.jpeg

Just saw this picture supposedly from the new Generals Handbook 2020. The idea being to stop the stacking of "Feel No Pain" type rules. I'm trying to think about how this affects Bonereapers.
Morghast Archai's are worse for it as you lose a save vs mortal wounds as you can only choose Ebon-wrought Armour OR deathless minions.
Immortis Guard effects take place before wound allocation so aren't directly affected by change. 
Nagash would lose a save under a similar affect as the Morghast Archai as you would choose Morikhane to save from mortal wounds and lose the deathless minions.

Artefacts and Command Traits seem unaffected.

The spell lore seems like it took a hit though. "Reinforce Battle-shields" now turns your mortal wound save of 6 into a 5+ save instead of giving them an extra layer of defense against mortal wounds. 
"Protection of Nagash" forfeits using the deathless minion saves for your caster.

That's all I found at a glance. What do people think? Were you using those spells before? Will you use them now? 
I personally see little reason to ever cast reinforce battle-shields.

Nagash is still quite resillient even if you have to choose between 5++ and 6++. Protection of Nagash has an issue. If they deals you damage and you don't save it or negate it, you must move the miniature and It's not always good, so you can't cast it all the time on him.

Someone said we loose a 16% resilience without Deadless Minions, but it's less than that because it's a 16% of the unsaved wounds, so not a big deal. I know it's pretty cool that extra (or those) salvations, but I think it won't be a big problem for Ossiarch Bonereapers. I'm more worried about the rumors about Petrifex changes. I hope GW won't break the whole army.

Greetings

11 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

What are the rumours? (And where from if I may ask?)

Forums, youtube channels, whatsapp chats... that's why I talk just about rumours. There are a lot of hate against Ossiarchs like it happened with Slaanesh prenerf. A few comunities banned Slaanesh or Ossiarchs, what it is sad (not in the comunity I am, luckily).

Greetings

I have a feeling that even after the inevitable Petrifix Elite nerf, OSB are still going to be a top tier army. The army is still strong in many other regards (good armor saves, the ability to bring models back from the dead,  common rend, etc.), and if the rumor is true that units aren’t changing in points, then I’m confident we’re still going to see OBRs on the top of tournaments. I predict that Katakros is going to be far more common in lists though, as he still provides that +1 save and a number of other very useful benefits. 

3 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

I predict that Katakros is going to be far more common in lists though, as he still provides that +1 save and a number of other very useful benefits. 

Katakros is only for Mortis Praetorian though.  And we would lose the -1 rend command if we went with that legion. I honestly don't think Petrifex is going to be nerfed after seeing the FNP changes as they lose a ++ save too.

4 hours ago, ACBelMutie said:

Nagash is still quite resillient even if you have to choose between 5++ and 6++. Protection of Nagash has an issue. If they deals you damage and you don't save it or negate it, you must move the miniature and It's not always good, so you can't cast it all the time on him.

If it's a mortal wound then Nagash loses both the 5++ and 6++ because he has his personal ability that gives him 4++. So you're losing 2 ++ rolls, roughly 20% of his survivability. Protection of Nagash should just be changed to a straight teleport without having to take damage and drop the FNP part of the spell imo. At least gives the spell a reason to be used after the change. 

Shrug change is a pretty big hit, actually.  Mortal wound spam is already a significant weakness of the faction overall, and stacking shrugs, mainly through the shield spell, is our only real defense there.  Nagash in particilar gets a lot more vulnerable.

the point changes, if accurate, could be good for stalkers, and *might* be enough to see immortis get *some* play, especially with the shrug change, depending on other changes.  Doesn't help morghasts, though, especially archai who are also hit by the shrug change.  Morghasts and especially archai need warscroll changes now more than ever.  Points adjustments will not fix them.

If they do nerf petrifex, without points decreases across the faction, then we'll probably disappears from top tournament tables for the year, with the possible exception of katakros lists, as I don't think the majority of the units in the army are worth their points otherwise.  But maybe I'm wrong.  Even if I'm not, it's not the end of the world, since if we fo drop out of the competitive scene, we might see some more aggressive points cuts next year, which could result in a more balanced faction overall.