The Tithe II: what is going on with Deathrattle?

Cargo Cult

Ok, so not exactly what we were expecting, being neither a Deathrattle expansion not a revised tomb king army but rather an entirely new faction representing Nagash's vision for the mortal realms, something actually quite similar to the deathcast / lesser morghasts I've oft wished for.  That said, if you were looking for modern units to run your old tomb kings stuff as in a 'counts as' fashion, there do seem to be decent ssc, ushabti, & maybe even necroknight stand ins, though the bases on thosr new cav will be significantly smaller than necroknight cav bases, even if they are at the larger varenguard cav scale.

Honestly, they look great, that caster (?) looks amazing, and I love that we have another all brand new mortarch, rather than recycling an oldhammer character.  He looks great too, at least imo.

So yeah, I love these.  New, cool, a little bit goofy in a fun way.  So good.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

Ok, so not exactly what we were expecting, being neither a Deathrattle expansion not a revised tomb king army but rather an entirely new faction representing Nagash's vision for the mortal realms, something actually quite similar to the deathcast / lesser morghasts I've oft wished for.  That said, if you were looking for modern units to run your old tomb kings stuff as in a 'counts as' fashion, there do seem to be decent ssc, ushabti, & maybe even necroknight stand ins, though the bases on thosr new cav will be significantly smaller than necroknight cav bases, even if they are at the larger varenguard cav scale.

Honestly, they look great, that caster (?) looks amazing, and I love that we have another all brand new mortarch, rather than recycling an oldhammer character.  He looks great too, at least imo.

So yeah, I love these.  New, cool, a little bit goofy in a fun way.  So good.

Yeah, this faction is for people who want a more elite death army from the looks of things. I wonder which units will be able to cross into legions of Nagash? 

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yeah, this faction is for people who want a more elite death army from the looks of things. I wonder which units will be able to cross into legions of Nagash? 

This is exactly why I am now budgeting to buy these guys.  Elite death is my jam for sure and I think if the 4 armed dudes have a decent enough warscroll for the points we may see a few in some legion armies.  For sure the catapult is the obvious inclusion for most death armies depending on points, adding a shooting attack can really open some interesting strategic decisions.

• Like 1

Outstanding models.  Not my cup of tea aesthetically, but they are clearly tied into Nagash's  aesthetic.

Excellent models, luckily I don't have to shell out any money myself.

Slightly disappointed there was no Seraphon news, but since i have to start saving for Sisters of Battle it is good neither these new death guys, nor updated Seraphon models were revealed.

Refering to the thread title .... apparently nothing is going on with deathrattle. 😅

19 hours ago, El Syf said:

It's not the death release anyone wanted but it's the death release we deserve...

Please tell me how I deserved that so I can repent lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Panzer said:

Refering to the thread title .... apparently nothing is going on with deathrattle. 😅

Please tell me how I deserved that so I can repent lol

Yup. My initial question has been answered. 😜

I’m switching to the Bonereapers thread now.