The Rumour Thread

GW paid for the very expensive cgi in a fully animated video trailer marketing the new edition.

They've been throwing articles at us for weeks online.

They've done a big reveal on a livestream (even if they didn't show us any miniatures in it), and have more such livestreams planned.

I'm not sure that doing a fun streamed match between two wrestlers to show off Spearhead, revealed only a few days before said stream, can be really considered their main marketing tool here.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, novakai said:

Kip is English and Claudio is Swiss, it probably because they both in Europe.

i think they are also Warhammer fans irl so easier to convince or they market themselves to want to do it.

Oke, they are European, but they fight in US, right? Maybe it is a good marketing tool for the US, but it still feels bizarre.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Oke, they are European, but they fight in US, right? Maybe it is a good marketing tool for the US, but it still feels bizarre.

Yes AEW is worldwide but the biggest audience for wrestling is probably the USA, Most of the event are in the USA I believe. The owner of AEW is actual also the Owner of the Jacksonville Jaguar, an NFL football team.

AEW is like the third biggest combat sport promotion league but much smaller then both WWE and UFC.

Edited by novakai

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yes AEW is worldwide but the biggest audience for wrestling is probably the USA, Most of the event are in the USA I believe. The owner of AEW is actual also the Owner of the Jacksonville Jaguar, an NFL football team.

AEW is like the third biggest combat sport promotion league but much smaller then both WWE and UFC.

Said Jags owner also wants to move them to England so thats something

Taking into account that within 29 hours the entire contents of the fourth edition box will be revealed, I would like to know what you think we will get.

For my part, since the part that interests me the most is the skaven, I think the box could have the following:

• New Mounted Crawlord
  • New Warlock Engineer
  • New Clanrats
  • New Warplock Jezzails
  • New Rat Ogor
  • New Artillery Piece

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

Taking into account that within 29 hours the entire contents of the fourth edition box will be revealed, I would like to know what you think we will get.

For my part, since the part that interests me the most is the skaven, I think the box could have the following:

• New Mounted Crawlord
  • New Warlock Engineer
  • New Clanrats
  • New Warplock Jezzails
  • New Rat Ogor
  • New Artillery Piece

Leviathan got 25 Marines and 47 Nids:

Spoiler

Contents ENG

I think we will get:

SCE:

1 - Lord Vigilant in Gryph Stalker.
2 - Cover dude.
3 - Pseudo Veritant with Gryph Doggo.
4 - 10 Liberators.
5 - 3 Reclusians with 2 Grandsons.
6 - 3 Prosecutors.

That's 22. Maybe we have another squad of 5 something that we didn't see in the trailer as the  Stormvermins?

Skaven:

1 - Mounted Clawlord.
2 - Grey seer.
3 - Warlock Engineer.
4 - 20 Clanrats.
5 - 10 Stormvermin.
6 - 3 Jezzail.
7 - Ratling 2.0.
8 - 2 Rat Ogors with master.

That makes 40.

22, 40 and some scenery doesn't seem to be far from a decent guess.

Scenery:

I think it would be too much to get 6 sprues as we had for Octarius: Review: Kill Team: Octarius starter set (first impressions & unboxing) » Tale of Painters so I bet we will have 3. And we know they are ruined buildings from a Dawnbringers Settlement thanks to @Whitefang back me up, so here I go:

1 - Ruined Domicile shell.
2 - Ruines walls.
3 - Bell tower from the trailer.
4 - Ruined crumbs.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

I suspect the packmaster might actually be a new Moulder hero to replace the old master Moulder that is (I think?) leaving the old range. We know heroes are a big deal now for army creation with their retinues,  and it'd make sense to have a hero in the roster who can take rat ogers and abominations as their main unit choices. That could give us four likely heroes in the box for Skaven - clawlord, seer, engineer, and packmaster - which would match Dominion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Leviathan got 25 Marines and 47 Nids:

Reveal hidden contents

Contents ENG

I think we will get:

SCE:

1 - Lord Vigilant in Gryph Stalker.
2 - Cover dude.
3 - Pseudo Veritant with Gryph Doggo.
4 - 10 Liberators.
5 - 3 Reclusians with 2 Grandsons.
6 - 3 Prosecutors.

That's 22. Maybe we have another squad of 5 something that we didn't see in the trailer as the  Stormvermins?

Skaven:

1 - Mounted Clawlord.
2 - Grey seer.
3 - Warlock Engineer.
4 - 20 Clanrats.
5 - 10 Stormvermin.
6 - 3 Jezzail.
7 - Ratling 2.0.
8 - 2 Rat Ogors with master.

That makes 40.

22, 40 and some scenery doesn't seem to be far from a decent guess.

Scenery:

I think it would be too much to get 6 sprues as we had for Octarius: Review: Kill Team: Octarius starter set (first impressions & unboxing) » Tale of Painters so I bet we will have 3. And we know they are ruined buildings from a Dawnbringers Settlement thanks to @Whitefang back me up, so here I go:

1 - Ruined Domicile shell.
2 - Ruines walls.
3 - Bell tower from the trailer.
4 - Ruined crumbs.

That seem like a good list would add one or two more units in the SCE list like a knight hero and a shooting unit of psuodo-judicator

Edited by Dragon-knight77

44 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I suspect the packmaster might actually be a new Moulder hero to replace the old master Moulder that is (I think?) leaving the old range. We know heroes are a big deal now for army creation with their retinues,  and it'd make sense to have a hero in the roster who can take rat ogers and abominations as their main unit choices. That could give us four likely heroes in the box for Skaven - clawlord, seer, engineer, and packmaster - which would match Dominion.

I think that's a rock-solid guess: at this point, Goblins and Squigs are the only unit left with a "handler and pets" situation in AoS right? I could see Rat Ogres, the rumored Rat-hounds, hellpit abominations, and Giant Rats (if they make it) along with the other moulder stuff i've forgotten all sharing one buff-hero like AoS tends to do. 

A Moulder hero for mutants, Skyre for guns, Eshin for ninjas, Pestilines for monks, along with a fighty Ratlord and Grey Seer for masterclans. Outside of mount options, that feels pretty perfect for Skaven to me. Each slice of the Skaven pie has a dedicated support hero that way, sort of like how Cities used to be before being introduced to the axe. 

I'm curious what Skaven's identity will look like in a couple editions. I think we'll either see the lines between clans blur, or the clans becoming more defined with new sculpts. After Cities, I could see "skaven soup" happening to the clans with less defined "factions" in the tome

24 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

That seem like a good list would add one or two more units in the SCE list like a knight hero and a shooting unit of psuodo-judicator

There was some speculation we might see a new knight-heraldor(which would be very helpful against the new terrain rules with his doots making everything dangerous to stand near 🎺 💥)

but I doubt we’ll get anything more than that in the box. All the heroes probably have shooting attacks(mounted lord’s axe throw, new Celestant calling down lightning, Veritant’s holy lantern flames & prayers) to already even the odds that way.(plus factor in their new core rules letting them auto pump up troops attacks & Saves, reforge a lost unit and Ruination all being able to say Nope 50% of the time to enemy abilities)

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

There was some speculation we might see a new knight-heraldor(which would be very helpful against the new terrain rules with his doots making everything dangerous to stand near 🎺 💥)

but I doubt we’ll get anything more than that in the box. All the heroes probably have shooting attacks(mounted lord’s axe throw, new Celestant calling down lightning, Veritant’s holy lantern flames & prayers) to already even the odds that way.(plus factor in their new core rules letting them auto pump up troops attacks & Saves, reforge a lost unit and Ruination all being able to say Nope 50% of the time to enemy abilities)

image.png.5ab372e34d44b95a68eb25d179c01078.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mcm6495 said:

• New Mounted Crawlord
  • New Warlock Engineer
  • New Clanrats
  • New Warplock Jezzails
  • New Rat Ogor
  • New Artillery Piece

My guesstimation:

STORMCAST

1x Lord-Vigilor on Birb

1x Knight-Heraldor

1x Psyker-Priest Silhouette with
1x Gryph-hound

3x Reclusians with
2x Emotional Support Descendants

3x Prosecutors

10x Liberators

Wildcard: 1x Foot Hero

SKAVEN

1x Clawlord on Vulf

1x Warlock Engineer

3x Warplock Jezzails

20x Clanrats

1x Ratling Cannon Thingy

2-3x Rat Ogors accompanied by
1x Master Moulder/Packmaster

3-5x Globadiers

Wildcard: 1x Grey Seer

- - - 

While I don't doubt that Stormvermin will get an update, I just don't think we'll see them in this box. They feel like an ideal "next step" purchase, with a few more options, poses, upgrades, and so on. I think we will see something like Skryre Globadiers or a similarly exotic concept, possibly coupled with either the Ogors or the Ratling Gun on hard-to-get sprue.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

There's always been male wrestlers in their marketing... 

Too soon? 🤭

I'll make it even too sooner: does that mean those male wrestlers haven't accomplished anything of note in all those thousands of years that we never once seen or heard anything of them? 🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Cant believe we have just over 24 hours to wait for a new AOS Edition reveal!!

It truly feels like 3.0 was revealed with the Kruelboyz only months ago.

Once can complain about certain things (Beastmen e.g.) but overall the speed of new releases, especially for AoS, is stellar. GW never released so much for a system in such a short time. While I do think that some releases should've been switched around to support some factions earlier and others a bit later it's still pretty amazing. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

Once can complain about certain things (Beastmen e.g.) but overall the speed of new releases, especially for AoS, is stellar. GW never released so much for a system in such a short time. While I do think that some releases should've been switched around to support some factions earlier and others a bit later it's still pretty amazing. 

And it could even go into the next step. With the 4th factory coming and the rumour about AoS putting twice the money they had in the third edition, we can see AoS taking the next step in the coming years!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Cant believe we have just over 24 hours to wait for a new AOS Edition reveal!!

It truly feels like 3.0 was revealed with the Kruelboyz only months ago.

And only just over 24 weeks to wait until Dawnbringers 6! 

• Haha 7

Ok, once more, let's pull this, with a feeling:

RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATSRATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATSRATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATSRATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS

200w.gif.6f2c684155666ce2f33bdb27bc458ce2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ok, once more, let's pull this, with a feeling:

RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATSRATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATSRATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATSRATS RATS RATS RATS RATS RATS

200w.gif.6f2c684155666ce2f33bdb27bc458ce2.gif

DOOOONG!

• Haha 3