The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

Boy, will you be shocked when you hear about all the books, video games, in-house animations, and an Amazon live action TV series GW is involved with..

Lol, and the correlation with painting mini's is? Where I work lots of people loved watching Game of Thrones, Lord of the rings and etc.. fantasy/sf is cool for a lot of people, but this doesn't mean that they would like painting mini's. That part is a niche. 

I am with GW for their cool mini's and the background they have created for those mini's.

Painting the mini's and playing with those mini's will stay niche.

Edited by Tonhel

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Imo the simply recruit women if the noble house they recruit from happens to have no sons 🤷🏼‍♂️

imo fem custodes are really cool (Valkyries!)

"Imo, THEY" please. 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I kind of feel that if spiders were out, they would have gone at the same time as Bonesplitters.

To be honest, I’d say nothing is safe for this edition until a factions battletome is out. I suspect we’ll see more departures as armies update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

I can't see doom diver but pretty much the rest seem reasonable.

we already got Wight knight on black steed

Wight King on Skeletal Steed

I could definitely see Free-knights seem to be the spiritual successor especially since we got the Archknight but also the rook knight meaning there more to freeguild knights then just the bodyguard type. Something in kin to Cursed city is more likey to be the design choice

Arch-Knight - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Kurnothi just a matter of time especially since we just got Belthanos

24 minutes ago, MitGas said:

We can be really glad that Stormcast have girls since day 1, if AoS should ever get a show, at least these things will be of zero concern. I agree with you (unfortunately) that GW is still 40k. I‘m currently more invested into AoS as I find 40k‘s ruleset to be a lot worse but 40k made GW big and pretending otherwise is possible but doesn‘t reflect the numbers.

WHFB made GW great to leave room for 40k. Then 40k made GW great. It is our time. Soon AoS will make GW great to later die on behalf of BB?

Edited by Ejecutor

15 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think the largest armies in the game can stand to take a single foot hero this edition while the smaller factions get wave 2s. 

I would hope that GW are a little more inventive. Completely fine with 1 addition for large armies when others need a big refresh or 2nd waves, but I have my fingers crossed that less of these additions are just foot heroes.

Sure a few foot heroes is fine, but often they just felt like bloat last edition. SBG is a good example, yet another Vyrkos foot hero when we already had god knows how many. How much better would it have been to get a mounted Vampire Lord, maybe with a named (non-vyrkos) variant but that is not necessary, instead? That maybe synergised with Blood Knights in some way (Could see that being a massive hit with Kastelai players).

So yeah, foot heroes where appropriate but would be nice to see mounted ones more often. Or hell instead of a hero just a unit, maybe a 5 man one or something. More effort yes but would often add a lot more. Also we should be moving out of the "Covid period" now, so hopefully we will be seeing more ambitious updates even to armies that are not getting a major launch, but we will see!

12 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I can't see doom diver but pretty much the rest seem reasonable.

we already got Wight knight on black steed

Wight King on Skeletal Steed

I could definitely see Free-knights seem to be the spiritual successor especially since we got the Archknight but also the rook knight meaning there more to freeguild knights then just the bodyguard type. Something in kin to Cursed city is more likey to be the design choice

Arch-Knight - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Kurnothi just a matter of time especially since we just got Belthanos

We have actually 4 Arch-Knights, IIRC. Steel Rook. Both options from the Command Corpses and the one leading the Cavaliers unit.

My big hope for 4e is still a big spider-grot refresh of some sort. Like maybe more of a pallid, creepy cave-spider theme to bring them closer to the rest of Gloomspite aesthetically, maybe leaning into spider mutants like the Scuttlings from Silver Tower. I just want weird horrible spiders in GW's modern sculpt quality, and I won't stop (occasionally posting about it) til I get them! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Spiders out, and something new to fill the gap?

I don't think spiders are leaving; they already had the perfect chance to do it and already squatted one of the old models.  What I think they'll do is likely refresh/expand them to better fit gitz in a medium-sized wave.

This post is definitely not Whitefang like-bait.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

WHFB made GW great to leave room for 40k. Then 40k made GW great. It is our time. Soon AoS will make GW great to later die on behalf of BB?

Would be interesting to know numbers for AoS in regards to 40k's trajectory back when it became big. It's really difficult to say how much of a success AoS is but I get the feeling that it is very steadily growing and thankfully GW puts enough work/assets into it. I often read something akin to "I collect 40k but am interested into getting into AoS" on Reddit and other platforms. They often got no other players though but I figure it's gotta start somewhere, at least it shows that people are definitely intrigued by it!  

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Would be interesting to know numbers for AoS in regards to 40k's trajectory back when it became big. It's really difficult to say how much of a success AoS is but I get the feeling that it is very steadily growing and thankfully GW puts enough work/assets into it. I often read something akin to "I collect 40k but am interested into getting into AoS" on Reddit and other platforms. They often got no other players though but I figure it's gotta start somewhere, at least it shows that people are definitely intrigued by it!  

The biggest Warhammer tournament got 50 more AoS players from '22 to '23.

• LOVE IT! 1

Just wanted to say great job y'all. We discussed some touchy things in our current hobby climate and It didn't turn into a dumpster fire. 

Good job, TGA.

Have a great day or night. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about pre-painted minis:

The result and durability are quite surprising on those sprues from Archon Studios. Wouldn't be that mad to think that GW would have a line of pre-painted models.

Catching up on the thread and this reminded me of a Valrak rumour a while back that GW would enter the MDF terrain market.

When I heard that rumour it sounded very strange since why would GW enter the MDF market where there are already quite a few manufacturers and give up their sprue terrain for that? But pre-painted MDF terrain would actually kinda make sense. 

From what I can see via a quick google search while there are prepainted MDF manufacturers it doesn't seem like there are a lot of them and it should also be way easier than prepainted plastic terrain while still not looking too cheap. Which is important as GW would for sure not sell it cheap.

I still don't think that rumour is true and the idea about it being prepainted is just from me and not from the rumour but would still be an interesting path

Found his video

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Discover What Makes the Mortal Realms Awesome Through Four First-Class Novels - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

S3oMwOhvHQAoePct.jpg

It is curious that the Order option was Yndrasta. I heard that is a bit boring. For the other three, I only heard nice words. Especially from Godeater’s Son.

Yndrasta novel is one those weird snooze fest where randomly it have bout pure awesome and intreague but then go back to the nap. It not the author as bad one he the one who wrote Godeater so it definitely not that it just not his strong swing to the narrative especially since moat of it is not focused of the titular hero who isthe best parts

Godeater son is always that novel that gets recommended along with Soul wars, dark harvest, Hamilcar & Scourge of fate. For good reason as the world building mixed with the lore and narrative that make it believable for some one to fall to chaos while dealing with touchy subjects like colonialism, world policing, racial whiplash ect ect

6 hours ago, novakai said:

Did we every get that rumor about Warhammer underworld was being retire because of low sells?

and that Warcry was also not performing as well so they are rebranding it next year with a mordheim esque setting with skaven vs city of sigmar?

Per THWG the entire company is striving to better separate their game systems so profitability of each system is more clear. This seems silly at the surface but its actually a fairly common business practice for companies with distinct departments.

It seems to be true because the wildly popular plastic leviathan dreadnought was removed from 40k and is now an HH only model. The BOC of transfer to TOW, and the widespread purge of the STD Warcry units only further supports that.

The speculative/rumour part is that some believe a large percentage of Underworld/Warcry sales are from AOS players, and overall Underworlds is not performing well. So there are rumours that underworld will be killed off and those resources diverted to other systems. 

Personally i'm indifferent to underworlds bc the kits get lazy AOS rules anyway and many are out of production. But Warcry actually significantly contributes to AOS so I would hate to see it go. 

2 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Per THWG the entire company is striving to better separate their game systems so profitability of each system is more clear. This seems silly at the surface but its actually a fairly common business practice for companies with distinct departments.

It seems to be true because the wildly popular plastic leviathan dreadnought was removed from 40k and is now an HH only model. The BOC of transfer to TOW, and the widespread purge of the STD Warcry units only further supports that.

The speculative/rumour part is that some believe a large percentage of Underworld/Warcry sales are from AOS players, and overall Underworlds is not performing well. So there are rumours that underworld will be killed off and those resources diverted to other systems. 

Personally i'm indifferent to underworlds bc the kits get lazy AOS rules anyway and many are out of production. But Warcry actually significantly contributes to AOS so I would hate to see it go. 

The same “rumour” also claimed Legions Imperialis was underperforming. You know, the game system that has sold out every release.

In short, I wouldn’t write Underworlds eulogy just yet.

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

If I remember correctly THWG mentioned on his youtube that per his stats AOS saw a whopping 70% uptick in new players attending events during the course of 3rd edition. With that majority of those coming around the middle of the editions cycle. 

My personal local AOS scene absolutely exploded. We went from 8-12 regular guys to having 25 signups for a recent league.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I kind of feel that if spiders were out, they would have gone at the same time as Bonesplitters.

3 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

There are 'last chance to order' kits that did not get a mention in the announcement. BUT, saying that, sure, let's hope that if they get discontinued, we hear about it with enough heads up warning.

The Scuttleboss does get removed along with Bonesplitterz. 

I do hope this signals a Spiderfang refresh. That would be very much needed, the whole subfaction is only 3 kits and 1 gets removed. I can see the Arachnarok staying. I could see Spider Riders updated along with a brand new hero (a named hero would also be very welcome) and maybe a new unit to round out the subfaction. A unit of half transformed spidergitz or some kind of web shooting unit. This could also be a great new home for the Spider Incarnate.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

The same “rumour” also claimed Legions Imperialis was underperforming. You know, the game system that has sold out every release.

In short, I wouldn’t write Underworlds eulogy just yet.

I think the same rumour said that Bretonnians were underperforming but I also find that hard to believe considering half the kits sold out in minutes lol. So yea I am definitely taking all this with a grain of salt. 

Regardless of Underworlds future, I 100% believe it will be separated from AOS though. They are clearly disinterested in making functional rules for them in AOS. 

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

The Scuttleboss does get removed along with Bonesplitterz. 

I do hope this signals a Spiderfang refresh. That would be very much needed, the whole subfaction is only 3 kits and 1 gets removed. I can see the Arachnarok staying. I could see Spider Riders updated along with a brand new hero (a named hero would also be very welcome) and maybe a new unit to round out the subfaction. A unit of half transformed spidergitz or some kind of web shooting unit.

Put that one down more to a purge of Finecast rather than Spiderfang. So I would also stay hopeful that Spiderfang as a concept stick around.

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/24/heres-how-battlepacks-battleplans-and-the-generals-handbook-work-in-newaos/

For next week : Next, we’ll be taking a look at some of the Battle Tactics that you’ll be trying to score in the new edition of Age of Sigmar. Those of you itching to learn about Spearhead and Path to Glory – stay tuned in the coming weeks!

Edited by Vagard