The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I've noticed this before on the GW webstore, it's inconsistent across all the model ranges, I wouldn't take it to mean anything 

It's the first time I've seen it from this seller, so can't help but find it odd. I guess a new Knight-Heraldor would make sense.

The models whose labels have been changed:

- Liberators

- Judicators

- Prosecutors

- Knight-Heraldor(s)

No such thing on the Sacrosanct or any other "old" kit. 

11 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

It's the first time I've seen it from this seller, so can't help but find it odd. I guess a new Knight-Heraldor would make sense.

The models whose labels have been changed:

- Liberators

- Judicators

- Prosecutors

- Knight-Heraldor(s)

No such thing on the Sacrosanct or any other "old" kit. 

I doubt we will see a new Knight-Heraldor. This one will be replaced by the one in the Dominion box, very likely.

But thinking again, what I think is happening is the following. This seller is going to have two products with the same name, so he is using the years as a distinctive between both. If this theory is true we will see another Heraldor and new Judicators.

Something like:

- Liberators (2015)
- Liberators (2024)

Edited by Ejecutor

I feel like the loss of the BoC has really impacted the narrative this edition- The setup for something as good as the Broken Realms series exists, but it feels like they didn't commit to it because the plotline needed to set it up was scrapped. You can see this because I'm pretty sure every codex covers how the faction handles Incarnates, but the Incarnates themselves weren't ever used as a plot point outside of Thondia. (Speculation) This was probably due to both leading up to a BoC refresh and a different story than the Dawnbringer Crusades that probably focused more on Kragnos, . I think the only major through lines I can think of for the crusades that are actually starting to pay off are the CoS, FEC, Skaven, S2D, and the OBR of all people (Specifically the "Mysterious Hooded Speaker of Nagash's will" is literally Arkhan, the OBR battletome says that this is just what he's doing currently).

It feels weird, I think is the main point of all of this.

• Like 4

I like how the only way you can tell that the Stormcast on the far right is a woman is the shape of the breastplate. And the fact that the Age of Sigmar community is cool enough to be completely fine with having female super soldiers.

IMG_8175.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I feel like the loss of the BoC has really impacted the narrative this edition- The setup for something as good as the Broken Realms series exists, but it feels like they didn't commit to it because the plotline needed to set it up was scrapped. You can see this because I'm pretty sure every codex covers how the faction handles Incarnates, but the Incarnates themselves weren't ever used as a plot point outside of Thondia. (Speculation) This was probably due to both leading up to a BoC refresh and a different story than the Dawnbringer Crusades that probably focused more on Kragnos, . I think the only major through lines I can think of for the crusades that are actually starting to pay off are the CoS, FEC, Skaven, S2D, and the OBR of all people (Specifically the "Mysterious Hooded Speaker of Nagash's will" is literally Arkhan, the OBR battletome says that this is just what he's doing currently).

It feels weird, I think is the main point of all of this.

There were also a few more broken realm plot point that got sideline as well.

Morathi taking Anvilguard (may be relevant in 4th)

Teclis getting greviously wounded by Nagash 

the Dark sky event in Chamon (maybe eventually when we get to focus on that realm) the whole Be’lekor plot has been on hold.

Grugni coming back but then he just made new armor that fix the Dark sky event instead of helping dwarfkind 

Gordrakk decided to go siege the Allpoints.

Slaanesh chain are always getting looser by the day and those two twins have yet to do anything after being defeated in Ghur.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

I like how the only way you can tell that the Stormcast on the far right is a woman is the shape of the breastplate. And the fact that the Age of Sigmar community is cool enough to be completely fine with having female super soldiers.

IMG_8175.jpeg

I just realised all 3 Reclusian bodies are unique.

Why did they decide to pose the two regulars identically?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Even something as simple as swapping the shield and the axe in one of them would make a huge difference.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Considering that Broken realm Allarielle was scrap (allegedly) in 2nd edition which had her fight Beastmen and completing the Rite of life, it may have even been earlier when they decided the fate of BoC

Gah I forgot about that, I couldn't decide if I was excited for 3.0 or let down by Broken Realms when that happened. And I liked Kragnos and that arc! Just sort of petered out with "and then Alarielle cast a gargantuan life spell so big it needed heralds to spread it" and I was like "cool! now what?" 

Well probably it would have woke up the Incarnates in-universe in the last leg of a Broken Realms book focused on Alarielle and setting up the major confrontation that would have spanned the Seasons of War. Season of War sure does sound like something pretty tied to Alarielle, actually.

AoS had a ton of narrative momentum up until that point, and (in my opinion) has been scrambling to get back to the Malgin Portents -> Necroquake pacing since. Story arcs and whole armies being shredded in the background fits some of the weirdness of 3.0 quite well. Broken Realms being a kickoff to a beastmen-focused Season of War sure would've made this feel like the Era of the Beast

edit: Broken Realms Kragnos was 2021; that's more than enough time for GW to internally realize 3.0 was going to be messy narratively

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

Yeah, the way they showed them off made them look like a single model with different load outs not separate parts of a unit. I still think they look amazing though

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Probably just artwork from before the CoS refresh.

Indeed. Today's Artwork must be relatively old, because one the first AOS2 Corebook Artwork (2019!) had proto-new Design for COS (vs StD / Darkoath-y dudes and Khorne) ... Then, at the same time with the Warqueen (Malign portents end 2018) we had the basics of the current Darkoath design established (based upon the Chieftain from Silver Tower 2016).

aos-fb.jpg.84d971daac625e9e2337a00cd3c5b9de.jpg

On the left, between the Chaos Knight with Icon and the grinning Bloodreaver. 

• Like 2

Ok, I am back!

(Reclusians)

I like them; they are rather neat, although I am disappointed at the lack of variety in weapons—literally just axes and double axes. Couldn't they give them at least a two-hander? Also, so many people are talking about how their sidekicks look like they belong to the Ecclesiarchy, but no one seems to be talking about the elephant in the room that is their name, "Reclusians. This is the first time a Stormcast unit gets a name that doesn't end in "-tor." Is there a look into the future? I mean, the names of the Stormcast units are always a source for complaints and are hard to memorize, so I can somewhat see this becoming the new norm in the future. Also, this is probably a stretch, but this may also be the first time a Stormcast unit doesn't have a Latin-based name because "Recluse" is actually a French-originating word, although it is derived from Latin. It's meaning in Latin was different from the French one; in Latin, it means "to shut up" or "to be quiet," while in French, it means something shut off from society and distant, which is definitely present in the Reclusians.

(Darkoath lore expansion) 

I knew it! I was expecting they'd have their own names for the chaos gods, just like the marauders of old, and just like them, they are also ignorant of the true powers of chaos. I love this. But I am slightly disappointed by the last words in the article where it says that they are quick to flock to Archaon because that kind of runs contrary to their whole idea about them being suspicious of others that claim to know the true powers of chaos.

(Skaven in the eastern parch)

This is a perfect opportunity for GeeDubs to finally give some attention and hopefully expansion or revamp the Fyreslayers. Please, GeeDubs, I beg you! Also, the Eastern Parch happens to be where Forge Anathema is located, so this also has potential for the reveal of the Chaos Dwarves into AoS.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I legit thought the two regular ones were identical as well and they made an error by copy/pasting the same figure twice... despite one being a woman while the other's a dude! I think the exact same way they hold their weapons and shields really messes with our eyes. The details are different, the way the clothes/cloak fall etc. but since those two prominent elements are near identical, they really read as the same mini. :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

IMG_8175.jpeg

Yeah female stormcast rock I really appreciate that they actual make moulds for female SCE to have that distinction but isn't in your face about it.

As for the community acceptance (to not go there for to long) maybe it my years of as a Halo player but female supersoldier is not huge deal anywhere. They're just too much immaturity in over there

.....but if GW can please stop making the side cut a thing 😛

7 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I suspect the model refresh might have just been in the pipeline for so long that those Empire models were actually still current when the artwork was made. There is some more evidence for that in the Warhammer+ short where Gunnar and his Darkoath guys come from, which also freatures non-Dawnbringer Freeguild.

Those Conquistador freeguilder look so sweet i really wish in the furure thry use them in the pipeline since don't look out of place with the Dawnbringer. They honestly just look like elite version of steelhelms imo. With the cogfort rumor to be coming an man can dream 🙏 

image.png.273e72c8c23c5c5ffecb8286e6fa449c.png

image.png.f72e8601532b267a309676d3541632ad.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pizzaprez said:

Well probably it would have woke up the Incarnates in-universe in the last leg of a Broken Realms book focused on Alarielle and setting up the major confrontation that would have spanned the Seasons of War. Season of War sure does sound like something pretty tied to Alarielle, actually.

Season of War is not new. I think it is a recurrent title for narrative books in AoS. For example, in the first edition we got Seaosn of WarFirestorm.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

Couldn't they give them at least a two-hander?

IMHO they did, the promo art guy does not look different enough to be a new unit. the 2h are probably in a multipart kit like Annihilators. MAYBE he's a hero but what would you even call it? Knight Reclusian?

*somewhere across the ocean, a sleeping monkey's paw curls subconsciously*

image.png.3a1e7a28528bc9210fde8b9c055d831a.png

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

okay well i am talking about the full-on colored map @Clan's Cynic posted. is it fan-made? is it from instagram? loremasters?

I don't recognize this from the April Fool's Day joke either.

image.jpeg.07e9c2a20c4ce4b155a009afbb05a96b.jpeg

It just a zoom in in the eastern part of the Great Parch map of Aqshy in the tomes and cubicles 7 has

image.png.e2b131d0f731c3c9ffd0dd6c8440c72c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I doubt we will see a new Knight-Heraldor. This one will be replaced by the one in the Dominion box, very likely.

But thinking again, what I think is happening is the following. This seller is going to have two products with the same name, so he is using the years as a distinctive between both. If this theory is true we will see another Heraldor and new Judicators.

Something like:

- Liberators (2015)
- Liberators (2024)

You're thinking of the Knight-Vexillor, not Heraldor :). How anyone could confuse the gazillion different Stormcast characters is beyond me :P!

Jokes aside, I think a Thunderstrike update of the Knight-Heraldor is a pretty good guess for the launch box. A stand-alone release wouldn't really be exciting enough, what with it just being an update.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to suspect we'll see a new Grey Seer model in there as well. The current one is perfectly serviceable and hardly in need of a clam-pack replacement.

This puts my current predictions for the contents to:

STORMCAST

- 1x Lord-Vigilor on Birb

- 1x Knight-Heraldor

- 3x Reclusian (2x Emotional Supporters)

- 5x Prosecutors

- 10x Liberators

SKAVEN

- 1x Clawlord on Wolfrat

- 1x Grey Seer

- 1x Rattling Artillery Piece

- 1x Rat Ogor

- 3/5x Warplock Jezzails

- 3/5x Globadeers

- 20x Clanrats

Feels like there's still a character model missing from Stormcast, probably a sorcerer or priest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

okay well i am talking about the full-on colored map @Clan's Cynic posted. is it fan-made? is it from instagram? loremasters?

Oh. I see. It is part of the Souldbound map they have for sale. A whole map of the Great Parch (it is pretty easy to find it online): Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, Great Parch Map | Digital Download | Cubicle 7 Games

For future cases like this one, right-click the image and copy it. Then google search by image. Paste. It is pretty nice to locate pics that you are looking for or get a rough idea. I use it when I see art that I am not sure if it is new or not and the result tend to be it is old and it is uploaded in the wikis.

image.png.e26282b4242eb302d91689f5021d76d3.png

image.png.d889e26dd5b1ed962815a3374a040b56.png

1 hour ago, Ledgington said:

IMG_8175.jpeg

Female super soldiers being added to the game/Stormcast was such a great thing, it's a big part of why I still hold Sacrosanct in such high esteem. Aside from the gender diversity, it just makes the units look so much better when you have actual physical variety of the models.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

You're thinking of the Knight-Vexillor, not Heraldor :). How anyone could confuse the gazillion different Stormcast characters is beyond me :P!

Jokes aside, I think a Thunderstrike update of the Knight-Heraldor is a pretty good guess for the launch box. A stand-alone release wouldn't really be exciting enough, what with it just being an update.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to suspect we'll see a new Grey Seer model in there as well. The current one is perfectly serviceable and hardly in need of a clam-pack replacement.

This puts my current predictions for the contents to:

STORMCAST

- 1x Lord-Vigilor on Birb

- 1x Knight-Heraldor

- 3x Reclusian (2x Emotional Supporters)

- 5x Prosecutors

- 10x Liberators

SKAVEN

- 1x Clawlord on Wolfrat

- 1x Grey Seer

- 1x Rattling Artillery Piece

- 1x Rat Ogor

- 3/5x Warplock Jezzails

- 3/5x Globadeers

- 20x Clanrats

Feels like there's still a character model missing from Stormcast, probably a sorcerer or priest. 

Lol true. Then apply what I said about the years. Probably we are getting a new Heraldor.

6 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

It just a zoom in in the eastern part of the Great Parch map of Aqshy in the tomes and cubicles 7 has

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh. I see. It is part of the Souldbound map they have for sale. A whole map of the Great Parch (it is pretty easy to find it online): Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, Great Parch Map | Digital Download | Cubicle 7 Games

are you telling me that the map I've had framed on my wall for years has ALWAYS had Hel Crown on it?? 😭😭 alright GW, you've made me The April Fool.

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

are you telling me that the map I've had framed on my wall for years has ALWAYS had Hel Crown on it?? 😭😭 alright GW, you've made me The April Fool.

Yeah. Hel Crown is not new. Someone here said it was a Khorne fortification.

12 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

IMHO they did, the promo art guy does not look different enough to be a new unit. the 2h are probably in a multipart kit like Annihilators. MAYBE he's a hero but what would you even call it? Knight Reclusian?

*somewhere across the ocean, a sleeping monkey's paw curls subconsciously*

image.png.3a1e7a28528bc9210fde8b9c055d831a.png

Didn’t Whitefang’s understudy say the mounted hero was a Lord-Vigilant on Gryph-Stalker? I imagine similar then this is a Lord-Vigilantor or the like that watches over the old veterans gone to war(the leaked close-ups on his black robes that look close to the Knight-Relictors has me thinking it’s a similar purpose to keep their souls strengthened so they don’t burst into crazed elementals((wouldn’t be surprised if the Rite of Life plays a part there)) )

16 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Oh that’s the map made by the Soulbound Rpg. You get it with the Corebook but can also buy it digital(I think physical wall papers are still out there too)

https://cubicle7games.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-great-parch-map-pdf

https://cubicle7games.com/blog/age-of-sigmar-the-great-parch-map-reveal-2

• The map was created by renowned cartographer Jared Blando.
  • It shows the Great Parch, which is the starting realm for Soulbound. The core book comes with an overview of each of the other Moral Realms, as well as over 30 pages of information on various locations in the Great Parch.
  • The map shows some of the biomes of the Great Parch - proving it's not just barren desert! There is even snow to the north in Cotha (and the blood-soaked lands of Khul's Ravage to the south).
  • Those who have played Season of War Firestorm will recognise the Prismatikon and the Titanworks in the Flamescar Plateau.
  • The newly reclaimed city of Brightspear can be seen in Aspiria. This new City of Sigmar was reclaimed by the Celestial Warbringers and is the focus of the Soulbound Starter Set.”

image.jpeg.3df00dd3b41ea48ed85cf785d7f5ee17.jpeg

image.png.685dc148529f46993892b68d5ca01eab.png

image.jpeg.1c2578a2838903644d2e99cadb82bd7a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I think you’re mixed up. The box has the flag guy a Knight-Vexillor.

Knight-Heraldors are the giant trumpet dudes(I remember the stream devs even called the Vanquisher’s musician a Knight-Heraldor in training)

I’d love to get a new one. Magical Instruments are awesome.image.jpeg.137ccef86b506be2fbe72e7d65e64471.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizzaprez said:

Gah I forgot about that, I couldn't decide if I was excited for 3.0 or let down by Broken Realms when that happened. And I liked Kragnos and that arc! Just sort of petered out with "and then Alarielle cast a gargantuan life spell so big it needed heralds to spread it" and I was like "cool! now what?" 

AoS had a ton of narrative momentum up until that point, and (in my opinion) has been scrambling to get back to the Malgin Portents -> Necroquake pacing since. Story arcs and whole armies being shredded in the background fits some of the weirdness of 3.0 quite well. Broken Realms being a kickoff to a beastmen-focused Season of War sure would've made this feel like the Era of the Beast

edit: Broken Realms Kragnos was 2021; that's more than enough time for GW to internally realize 3.0 was going to be messy narratively

Couldnt agree more. 

Era of the beast actually didnt do anything. Could have also said Era of the rainbow unicorns and it would have had the same impact. Im not bashing Dawnbringers, its great fun. But it 100% feels like we are missing a few things between Broken Realms and Dawnbringers, i think even Bonesplitterz could/should have played a more prominent role. I always felt like the Beast part was a reference to BoC rather than Kragnos, Gordrakk or even king Brodd.

Edited by Gitzdee