The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, Snarff said:

And Sons of Behemat (I can definitely see something with Creepers and one mancrusher happening), Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz, and the fact that GSG is 3/4 armies in a trenchcoat right now. 

But it's actually insane how many factions already have a warband right now. We went from a full chaos 1st edition to almost every army having one at the end of 2nd. I hope they start using Warcry more as underworlds, exploring concepts that the main game doesn't. Khainite Shadowstalkers, cultist warbands, askurgan trueblades are already a great example.

seeing some one offs that could use mercenary rules for main aos is something that's been mentioned before that would be really great(silent people hopium). Also maybe warbands around named characters could be fun, like how the blacktalons and callis & toll got those entourage boxes that have warcry rules(grombrindal united dawi warband?).

8 minutes ago, Luperci said:

seeing some one offs that could use mercenary rules for main aos is something that's been mentioned before that would be really great(silent people hopium). Also maybe warbands around named characters could be fun, like how the blacktalons and callis & toll got those entourage boxes that have warcry rules(grombrindal united dawi warband?).

Yeah I'd love to see this. Using WarCry to do weird/interesting stuff that doesn't necessarily fit anywhere directly and do it WHFB dogs of war style, or Mordheim hired swords / dramatis personae. Have them be keyword/faction locked for armies that would feasibly ally with them.

• Like 3

A wee personal spicy take regarding Endless spells. They suck! The models are not good quality. The thematics and aesthetics are incredibly hit-and-miss. They take up valuable inventory, logistics and shelf space. Get rid! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

A wee personal spicy take regarding Endless spells. They suck! The models are not good quality. The thematics and aesthetics are incredibly hit-and-miss. They take up valuable inventory, logistics and shelf space. Get rid! 

If it's a spicy take, then I guess I like my takes spicy 🌶️.

• Haha 1

I love endless spells, they add a nice amount of unqiue high-fantasy flair to both the lore and the table. Some factions definitely got better deals than others, but getting rid of them would be a gigantic shame, it's the most unique thing about magic in AoS.

• Like 4

Just now, Snarff said:

I love endless spells, they add a nice amount of unqiue high-fantasy flair to both the lore and the table. Some factions definitely got better deals than others, but getting rid of them would be a gigantic shame, it's the most unique thing about magic in AoS.

And the models are fantastic, IMO.

• Like 3

If you like them that is fair enough. I see it as a case of having them means we don't get other things. Resources are finite. Logistics, design, manufacturing what it takes to produce, stock and support endless spells means less kits/units for factions. If the question is "Would you rather AoS support the endless spell kits, or get rid of them and release 9 new kits for various factions? I know which I would rather have. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Confused 1

Endless spells are a cool concept imo, but they should be more easily available (not just online only) and some of the models are just really dumb and goofy. Jack in a box ghosts? Why is there a face in my chaos icon spitting fire? Just normal birds??? Also, just a fence.

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

If you like them that is fair enough. I see it as a case of having them means we don't get other things. Resources are finite. Logistics, design, manufacturing what it takes to produce, stock and support endless spells means less kits/units for factions. If the question is "Would you rather AoS support the endless spell kits, or get rid of them and release 9 new kits for various factions? I know which I would rather have. 

I don't know if that's how their release schedule/planning works tbh, I could see it being an option of faction terrain or endless spells and in that case I'll take endless spells over the terrain any day of the week

I'd like them just fine if the casting quality and fidelity of the sculpts wasn't as low as it is, plus some slightly more inspired designs wouldn't hurt for some things. A lot of them feel a little phoned in design wise to me.
They're an interesting idea mechanically - I like them for that, but they're just kinda junky and take up a lot of space, especially if you run multiple armies like I do.

The problem with endless spells is the same as faction scenery.

Suddenly one of them becomes meta relevant (purple sun, malevolent, umbra, hell, even vortex in second edition) and you discover that there is any stock of them for months and second market price went to the moon, so you can't play it.

The gw nerfs it, the stock came back and you don't even need it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The problem with endless spells is the same as faction scenery.

Suddenly one of them becomes meta relevant (purple sun, malevolent, umbra, hell, even vortex in second edition) and you discover that there is any stock of them for months and second market price went to the moon, so you can't play it.

The gw nerfs it, the stock came back and you don't even need it.

That's the problem with just buying what it is meta. It is not related to spells or scenery. It happens with any kit.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's the problem with just buying what it is meta. It is not related to spells or scenery. It happens with any kit.

Yeah I know I know, I made a meta example about the problem, but can happen to everyone. 

Tzeentch's endless spell became a core part of their book, if you don't have them, you can't play it at 100%. Chalice in FeC unlocked a new way of building a list, same with stormcast and meteor or Nh with the auto-cast; Sylvaneth needed theirs until the release of belthanos (and still take it), Khorne needs all of them, same as Fyreslayers. You are going to feel that your list is missing something.

With sceneries is even worse. Is impossible to play without scenery in Gloomspite, BoC, Sylvaneth or Nurgle, is a big hit in your list for idoneth, khorne or ogors.

They are such a integral part of some strategies/armies/playstyles that the lack of stock causes frustration.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I don't know if that's how their release schedule/planning works tbh, I could see it being an option of faction terrain or endless spells and in that case I'll take endless spells over the terrain any day of the week

I don't think there should be faction terrain either 😅

I DO think there should be proper Biome or Realm-themed terrain sets though. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

This.

Or Brutes.

I think they would get a different warscroll for each option?

Kurnoth Hunters already have a different warscroll for each option, so no need for anything to change there. Presumably the bow option would keep a separate profile at least.

2 minutes ago, Ookami said:

I think they'll control endless spells by simply adding limits. For example, 1 endless per 1000 points or something like that.

I would assume Endless spells just become normal spells, you have a wizard, they can now 1 or 2 spells, and instead of knowing a normal spell, they could know an endless spell

Just now, Gutsu17 said:

I would assume Endless spells just become normal spells, you have a wizard, they can now 1 or 2 spells, and instead of knowing a normal spell, they could know an endless spell

If the rumors are true "knowing a spell" is going the way of the dodo. You're whole army will know 1 lore (maybe more with some shenangians?)

47 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I find them, for the most part, kind of cheesy. They work for Gloomspite as its that kind of 4th wall jokery that Greenskins have that nuanced silliness is welcome there.

Some of the models are well sculpted. But as a whole, I really don’t care for them outside of conversion fodder. 

Now WhatI wantis more Faction specific terrain pieces 😍

14 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I don't think there should be faction terrain either 😅

I DO think there should be proper Biome or Realm-themed terrain sets though. 

If GW makes their terrain sets more reasonably priced and also with better QC then sure

• Like 1