The Rumour Thread

aefee16c72c3211764fa2022140b9764.jpgf5c535cdca249740d4165bf017fd8bad.jpg
Ugh, photos derez.
Gets the same.bonded Gryph hound rule the Castellant does.
Deals D3 MW to an enemy wizard within 7" in the hero phase on a 4+.
Can unbind spells, has priest keyword.
Gryph hound adds 3 to the unbind roll if within 6" of the caster.

Also.. confirmed incoming Tzeentch for 40/30K, flagship AoS faction get their first unit capable of unbinding spells and targeting wizards... 2+2=5 more AoS tzeentch on the way?
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
*Edited for error on rules*

• Like 1

I like the model, but it's a fairly simple reskin of the Lord-Castellent. New Gryph-hound head is cool though.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the Lord title. I figured that rank would be somewhat exclusive. I guess it should wait until we see what sort of chamber he fits into. But he doesn't fit into the existing chamber command, which is annoying. This guy could have been a knight. Or is just waiting for the sacrosanct chamber.

Also dissapointed by the rules. They are not very well written. He unbinds "as a wizard", but with no limits. So we can assume that he has infinite unbind? That's fair enough, but it would be good to specify this. Even worse is the staff-hound ability. It gives him a bonus in his hero phase. His. He can't unbind anything in his hero phase. So it's literally useless. Unless it applies to the Sanction ability, but it clearly states Lantern of Abjucation. Just poorly worded.

Overall a bit of a letdown.

6 hours ago, Coganaut said:

@Double Misfire Your unbinds have no Power here! lol. 

That Gryphound is outstanding looking! much better than the other one we have got.

Yep, gonna have to buy the mini just to complete my gryph-hound collection. (holding out for a Sacrosanct book with a multi part gryph-hound box and gryph-hound battalion accompanying it. I can dream...)

Have anyone heard if the release of the Lord-Veritant means that new single releases for all the main factions are coming? If this is just an isolated release, then that would be quite a deviation from the way they have released AOS products so far. Could it mean balancing releases for the rest coming up (such as a ranged Ironjawz unit)? I don't mean that they have released for all factions every time up until now, but rather that any release has always been part of some sort of "wave".

Edited by Dawnmane

3 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Have anyone heard if the release of the Lord-Veritant means that new single releases for all the main factions are coming? If this is just an isolated release, then that would be quite a deviation from the way they have released AOS products so far. Could it mean balancing releases for the rest coming up (such as a ranged Ironjawz unit)? I don't mean that they have released for all factions every time up until now, but rather that any release has always been part of some sort of "wave".

I'd guess it heralded a Sacrosanct Chamber battletome in the same vein as the Extremis Chamber one sometime in the foreseeable future if anything. We should have a better idea on if he's gonna be immediately followed up by more Stormcast releases or not when we see the retailer order list at the start of next week.

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

But why? They've never done a single AOS release before, have they?

Yes: Bloodbound variants for heroes and second Heraldor. This is what I think this was meant to be: a variant Of Castellant. Better sales though with a dispeling hero.