The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I wonder if we're now done for releases for the year with the death guard being delayed. 

The only other stuff we know is coming is dark eldar, slannesh mortals, STD Underworlds, skaff halfheight for BB and Necromuna reinforcements which all seem to be in January. 

So will something get pushed forward or maybe we'll be treated with reveals of the rest of the slannesh stuff. 

I would be happy enough if we can even get the already released stuff, the last shipment from GW to my Flgs got lost in mail which included all of their  ordered Battleforces so unless GW still has some left no one at my shop will get theirs

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I wonder if we're now done for releases for the year with the death guard being delayed. 

The only other stuff we know is coming is dark eldar, slannesh mortals, STD Underworlds, skaff halfheight for BB and Necromuna reinforcements which all seem to be in January. 

So will something get pushed forward or maybe we'll be treated with reveals of the rest of the slannesh stuff. 

The only thing I can think of that is left is the white dwarf, the remaining Necron heroes that haven’t been released yet, and maybe another limited edition Grombrindal model.

1 hour ago, pixieproxy said:

Given that orders for most the world stop this week, I would expect such. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Remember that's just orders that will arrive in time for Christmas based on GW's best estimations. It doesn't mean GW can't keep producing and selling new stuff, it just might not arrive in time for the 25th. Which isn't saying GW can't keep up, it just means that the fail point shifts to shipments both internationally and within each nation. 

The wolf could also be something maraudery... I mean those models really could do with an update and they got a lot of things in 3d they could reuse for said update. (Like the warband from underworlds). But it‘s probably something for 40k and a space wolf special character or something equally obvious. I‘d also like to see more Destruction!

This brings me to an entirely weird train of thought though. If Tzeentch is all about birds, why are the big nemesis wolves? Shouldn‘t it be Space Cats? Oh this will keep me awake at night. *more bird-rage*

13 minutes ago, MitGas said:

This brings me to an entirely weird train of thought though. If Tzeentch is all about birds, why are the big nemesis wolves? Shouldn‘t it be Space Cats? Oh this will keep me awake at night. *more bird-rage*

If you are curious, this is an extension of the vendetta between the sixth legion and the fifteenth - search Burning of Prospero. The wolves hate Tzeentch because they know that deep down, they are themselves hypocrites 🤣

Although, if your question is why the sixth legion are wolves instead of cats, that would just be...the vagaries of dudes in the 80s writing the original Rogue Trader stuff?

Edited by Ggom

20 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The wolf could also be something maraudery... I mean those models really could do with an update and they got a lot of things in 3d they could reuse for said update. (Like the warband from underworlds). But it‘s probably something for 40k and a space wolf special character or something equally obvious. I‘d also like to see more Destruction!

On another tangent now you've brought me back yet again to anthropomorphic animals as a Faction. Khajiit in AOS!!

56 minutes ago, Overread said:

Grot wolf riders tend to ride, well, living wolves. That rumour wolf is very very dead 

I think the implication is more that it's from AoS owing to the design similarities. 

If somebody put a gun to my head, I'd say either something Skaven due to the size of the wolves and common foes of Goblins making it a fitting trophy for them, or at a push, the multi-part Slaves to Darkness releases. Could also be a trophy on a Spider-Grot since the icon on the Underworlds roadmap could potentially be that.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

53 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Kinda looks like the wolf from the grot wolf riders  underworlds warband.

Update to the Gloomspite gitz soon?

I was thinking death but your picture is pretty close. I am kinda hoping the new death army is an update for legions of nagash with a new title but mostly all the units returning. This made me hopeful for a werewolf wearing a werewolf but that is silly. I think a Goblin wearing the pelt of it;s fallen mount is amazing and sad. I love goblins but hate hordes so a mounted wolf riding army might be a little more in my wheelhouse. As for now I have started ogors so hopefully a unit of gnoblars will scratch my itch.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

On another tangent now you've brought me back yet again to anthropomorphic animals as a Faction. Khajiit in AOS!!

Beyond Werewolves I immediately thought of your skin changer faction idea. This would be a cool aesthetic for them if they wore the pelts of the animals they become to signify visually what each units thing would be. :) 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ggom said:

I’m betting the name of the twinsouls unit leader is “psychopomp”  based on the revealed letters. Creative unit champion names at last!

The Myrmidesh is likely a more mundane “Weaponmaster”

Based on the size of the font it’s definitely “Painmaster”. Given they are the Myrmidesh Painbringers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ggom said:

If you are curious, this is an extension of the vendetta between the sixth legion and the fifteenth - search Burning of Prospero. The wolves hate Tzeentch because they know that deep down, they are themselves hypocrites 🤣

Although, if your question is why the sixth legion are wolves instead of cats, that would just be...the vagaries of dudes in the 80s writing the original Rogue Trader stuff?

Yeah, I know - I‘m a  thousand sons collector as well. It‘s just funny to me that they didn‘t make them Space Lions or whatever (guess that‘s Lion‘El‘s shtick) but that backstory obviously came after they‘ve created the first 18 chapters. As a dog person and liking Norse stuff in real life not my preferred nemesis but it is what it is. ;) Either way, I still hope it‘s something for AoS...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Well, maybe they could incorporate them into Kurnothi? Would be a nice addition to Sylvaneth IMO but that might just be me - I love armies that got very different things mixed into one force... 

• Like 1