The Rumour Thread

Regarding new releases. Gw was closed for two months, but new 40k jumped the queue and was only a month late. The Stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes were released in August so the 40k codexes in October is back to being two months behind schedule. It looks like gw is going to take the 9 weeks between now and October to release the other models they previewed during the lock down. So that means underworlds, 2 Warcry warbands, Escher Necromunda, bloodbowl treeman and snotlings, Eomer for Lotr, Lumineth and of course Sons of Behemat. They will probably also release the easy to build 40k models in this window. The Lumineth novel goes on preorder September 5th so that looks like the date for the battletome.

That means we could see a new AOS preview in October.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Regarding new releases. Gw was closed for two months, but new 40k jumped the queue and was only a month late. The Stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes were released in August so the 40k codexes in October is back to being two months behind schedule. It looks like gw is going to take the 9 weeks between now and October to release the other models they previewed during the lock down. So that means underworlds, 2 Warcry warbands, Escher Necromunda, bloodbowl treeman and snotlings, Eomer for Lotr, Lumineth and of course Sons of Behemat. They will probably also release the easy to build 40k models in this window. The Lumineth novel goes on preorder September 5th so that looks like the date for the battletome.

This would be a fantastic way of doing this. Plus an AOS Preview in October to outly the rest of 2020 and beginning of 2021 would be great.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Aelfs in september
116374107_285331605860405_5003740285481999461_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=3o1sIqxwGg8AX8VnR8b&_nc_ht=scontent.farn1-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=3904fd9a4d3aa5f95048387ba0d77ca6&oe=5F433E65

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So in the last month, they released the Indominus box with a two weeks preorder, despite the box selling out in less than an hour, a book and a few models for Adeptus Titanicus, and a few novels. GW really doesn't behave like a company that's behind on schedule. I guess the factory shutdown hurt them pretty heavily, and with the massive demand for Indominus they're trying to give themselves a bit of breathing room.

16 minutes ago, xking said:

How much of that is new?

I think just the two 40K novels and the 40K art book unfortunately. I was hoping for new novels for Age of Sigmar. Seeing as it's the first week of Augusts release that means that the 2 Warbands are either going to drop in 1 weekend or theyll be separated. With the Lumineth dropping September I would hope the Sons can now drop in August. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I think just the two 40K novels and the 40K art book unfortunately. I was hoping for new novels for Age of Sigmar. Seeing as it's the first week of Augusts release that means that the 2 Warbands are either going to drop in 1 weekend or theyll be separated. With the Lumineth dropping September I would hope the Sons can now drop in August. 

A new KO book is coming out in August which I am absolutely stoked for! Hoping to get more of an insight into KO daly life and see what Captain Brokrin is up to. Will be drinking Bugman's while reading.

7 hours ago, NkfPanda said:

A new KO book is coming out in August which I am absolutely stoked for! Hoping to get more of an insight into KO daly life and see what Captain Brokrin is up to. Will be drinking Bugman's while reading.

Oh damn really? Is this a 3rd book in the Iron Dragon series?

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh damn really? Is this a 3rd book in the Iron Dragon series?

No. Its just the paperback release of the second one. It is a bit disappointing that we have so few AOS novels recently. With Josh leaving it's left a bit of a vacuum. It is encouraging, though,  to see new writers like Dale Lucas working on AOS books. I hope we can uncover a few more new AOS writers in the near future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

No. Its just the paperback release of the second one. It is a bit disappointing that we have so few AOS novels recently. With Josh leaving it's left a bit of a vacuum. It is encouraging, though,  to see new writers like Dale Lucas working on AOS books. I hope we can uncover a few more new AOS writers in the near future. 

Ah I see, I thought as much. It's a shame really, I just want more lore and backstory and it will take years to get to the level of WFB.

Hopefully they announce that Black Library novel with the Warstomper on the cover when they announce the release date of the Sons of Behemat. The Lumineth have their novel coming out so it makes sense to release theirs in a similar time frame. I just hope your proposed timeline comes to fruition because I dont think it's fair having to wait until October/November for more AOS.

11 hours ago, xking said:

How much of that is new?

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

There are hopefully some AoS Shortstories in "The Hammer and the Eagle". Really hope for Gotrek - "The Neverspike" because it is epub only at the moment.

At least there are two new AoS epub stories in august with Gotrek "Svardheim" and Neferata "The Threshold".

It will be interesting as well if we will get "Warhammer Crime" Stories in the future as well.

11 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

There are hopefully some AoS Shortstories in "The Hammer and the Eagle". Really hope for Gotrek - "The Neverspike" because it is epub only at the moment.

At least there are two new AoS epub stories in august with Gotrek "Svardheim" and Neferata "The Threshold".

It will be interesting as well if we will get "Warhammer Crime" Stories in the future as well.

I did forget about the Epub stories my mistake. Though I prefer physical copies of books myself.

I would absolutely love a Warhammer Crime novel for AOS!!

Just now, EccentricCircle said:

There are certainly enough witchhunters in the warhammer canon! (Not to mention witches to hunt.)

I really want both concepts to be fleshed out into full factions (I know Daughters of Khaine technically have Witch Aelves). I think that Devouted of Sigmar with the option of focusing more on the Witch Hunter aesthetic would be my ideal Human faction for AOS. I have also stated in numerous threads that I would adore a classical fantasy witch army for Destruction.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

That's a shame. They could have done some great AoS crime stories. Here's hoping that we'll get another subgenre dedicated to us at some point!

There is a BL novel called Dark Harvest that looks really cool. I haven't read it or given the audio book a listen though! An AOS fantasy detective would be so cool though! Geronimo Stilton for adults haha. As far as rumours go not much for AOS right now but that is a blessing to our wallets. Although I am on the lookout online for a well painted Death Army with Manny and Neffy :P. 

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I really want both concepts to be fleshed out into full factions (I know Daughters of Khaine technically have Witch Aelves). I think that Devouted of Sigmar with the option of focusing more on the Witch Hunter aesthetic would be my ideal Human faction for AOS. I have also stated in numerous threads that I would adore a classical fantasy witch army for Destruction.

What would you like the Witch army to look like?

22 minutes ago, NkfPanda said:

There is a BL novel called Dark Harvest that looks really cool. I haven't read it or given the audio book a listen though! An AOS fantasy detective would be so cool though! Geronimo Stilton for adults haha. As far as rumours go not much for AOS right now but that is a blessing to our wallets. Although I am on the lookout online for a well painted Death Army with Manny and Neffy :P. 

Dark Harvest is really good. A very solid read, that gets extremely creepy and perfectly expresses how dangerous sylvaneth can be. I listened to the audio book, and while I enjoyed it I wasn't massively keen on the performance. The chap who read it didn't do as good a job as some of the voice actors BL have used.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What would you like the Witch army to look like?

There are so many fun and interesting myths of witches to draw upon from Circe to Morgan le Faye.

Personally, I think having a 17th century puritanical aesthetic for the battleline infantry, armed with pitchforks, torches and large belt buckles but also capable of spell casting (similar to Lumineth). I would love familliars as support units, that are capable of buffing nearby units but have no real combat potential (it would be interesting if they were incapable of holding objectives). I would then want the more advance units to start getting into more traditional folklore style witches. You could have a unit of more advance spell-casters with traditional wide brimmed pointed hats, I think a more combat oriented unit of swamp hags might be fun with an aesthetic similar to the troggoth hag. I think a flying unit on broomsticks would be really enjoyable although it would take some creative design work to avoid looking overly ridiculous.  I think a Baba Yaga style house with legs would be a fun behemoth unit.  I also think the Fimir would make a cool addition to this faction. I also find AOS is lacking in fae folk, unicorns and pegasus and some other traditional fairytale/fantasy creatures that do not fit with much of the current aesthetic but might find a place within this faction.

I conceptualized this as a potential destruction army but I think this could also be the basis of an update to deathmages. It would also need only minimal tweeking to work alongside Chaos or Order.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

There are so many fun and interesting myths of witches to draw upon from Circe to Morgan le Faye.

Personally, I think having a 17th century puritanical aesthetic for the battleline infantry, armed with pitchforks, torches and large belt buckles but also capable of spell casting (similar to Lumineth). I would love familliars as support units, that are capable of buffing nearby units but have no real combat potential (it would be interesting if they were incapable of holding objectives). I would then want the more advance units to start getting into more traditional folklore style witches. You could have a unit of more advance spell-casters with traditional wide brimmed pointed hats, I think a more combat oriented unit of swamp hags might be fun with an aesthetic similar to the troggoth hag. I think a flying unit on broomsticks would be really enjoyable although it would take some creative design work to avoid looking overly ridiculous.  I think a Baba Yaga style house with legs would be a fun behemoth unit.  I also think the Fimir would make a cool addition to this faction.

I conceptualized this as a potential destruction army but I think this could also be the basis of an update to deathmages. It would also need only minimal tweeking to work alongside Chaos or Order.

This sounds amazing mate!! Especially the Baba Yaga house!! Maybe even a Frankenstein esque monster the Witches have built? A cobbled together horror of different races.

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This sounds amazing mate!! Especially the Baba Yaga house!! Maybe even a Frankenstein esque monster the Witches have built? A cobbled together horror of different races.

Thanks, it is a something that I think would work really well in the AOS setting add some diversity and help flesh out destruction as a faction. I also loved your earlier suggestion of skin-walkers and I could easily imagine them being different sub-factions of a human destruction style army. Or possibly even skin walkers representing the male elements of a very gendered society. But at the very least I think they would make sensible allies.

I could also see GW using either concept with more traditional destruction forces. Grot witches and Orruk skin-walker shamans would both be interesting-- albeit less exciting than a proper diversification of Destruction.

Also a Frankenstein-esque unit would be ideal for this faction and could add some much needed muscle to a pretty lightly armed/armoured army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Dark Harvest is really good. A very solid read, that gets extremely creepy and perfectly expresses how dangerous sylvaneth can be. I listened to the audio book, and while I enjoyed it I wasn't massively keen on the performance. The chap who read it didn't do as good a job as some of the voice actors BL have used.

Thanks! I may be purchasing this after I finished my new Neffy audiobook.