The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Mcm6495 said:

Taking into account that this new week that is just beginning to have the reveal of the fourth edition starter box, they will show a new miniature today.

I doubt it. Or at least an AoS one. Maybe we get a shadow or part of a mini that is going to be shown in the preview.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

And you are forgetting the week they will be closed

Man, I dont even play AoS and yet cant help but to feel so sorry for you guys.

Edited by Garrac

The logistics over there is back to being abysmal again. It's becominng very frustrating. 4 weeks to be able to pre-order what the rest of the world has ordered and then wait another 2 for it to actually ship. At this point, having any idea of what is coming out when requires some kind of Divination. They need to cool their heels on releases... it's entering Hasbro MTG levels of stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

The logistics over there is back to being abysmal again. It's becominng very frustrating. 4 weeks to be able to pre-order what the rest of the world has ordered and then wait another 2 for it to actually ship. At this point, having any idea of what is coming out when requires some kind of Divination. They need to cool their heels on releases... it's entering Hasbro MTG levels of stupid.

They are still working with the perspective of no logictic problems. The Suez Channel is having problem again and that is the most suspected culprit of the delay of all the boxes that contains terrain. I am tired of this situation, they prefer to have people mad instead of having a full warehouse of their next releases.

Posted (edited)

I really hope that the AoS Design studio reconfigures how it approaches Narratives going forward. I would much rather see a Grand Narrative campaign book released every 6 months or so throughout an edition and for the end-of-edition narrative to be reduced to 4 books (One centered on each Grand Alliance) 

I think that 6 books for Dawnbringers is too long. Trying to squeeze in 6 books in what is basically the last 6 months of an edition feels crushed narratively and in terms of faction support. 

Having a Grand Narrative Campaign book every 6 months or so would divide an edition's 3-year cycle into 6, 6-month Epochs that could be narratively framed around a specific race, faction, event or realm etc. 

The last 6 months or so of an edition should see releases that help people prepare for the next edition. (Release a specific "type" of unit for each faction that will be influential in the following edition, like Warmachines, or cavalry or monsters

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

Six books for Dawnbringers is definitely too long.

That's the trick. They realised it is too much and the 6th book won't be released. Like Broken Realms Alarielle.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I really hope that the AoS Design studio reconfigures how it approaches Narratives going forward. I would much rather see a Grand Narrative campaign book released every 6 months or so throughout an edition and for the end-of-edition narrative to be reduced to 4 books (One centered on each Grand Alliance) 

I think that 6 books for Dawnbringers is too long. Trying to squeeze in 6 books in what is basically the last 6 months of an edition feels crushed narratively and in terms of faction support. 

Having a Grand Narrative Campaign book every 6 months or so would divide an edition's 3-year cycle into 6, 6-month Epochs that could be narratively framed around a specific race, faction, event or realm etc. 

The last 6 months or so of an edition should see releases that help people prepare for the next edition. (Release a specific "type" of unit for each faction that will be influential in the following edition, like Warmachines, or cavalry or monsters

To be fair DB 1 was released in July 2023. So 6 books in a year is quite reasonable, but I agree that 4 could be a better approach if you want to commit to 4 to 6 books in the last year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think an Edition release schedule something along the lines of... 

June 2024 - Dec 2024 = Rulebook, Campaign Book, x 4 Battletomes. 

Jan 2025 - Jun 2025 = Campaign Book, x 5 Battletomes. 

July 2025 - Dec 2025 = Campaign Book, x 5 Battletomes. 

Jan 2026 - Jun 2026 = Campaign Book, x 5 Battletomes. 

July 2026 - Dec 2026 = Campaign Book, x 5 Battletomes. 

Jan 2027 - June 2027 = Campaign Book, x 4 Grand Alliance Narrative Books. 

July 2027 = 5th Edition 

That is 1 AoS Publication per month for the entirety of the edition (Not including General's Handbooks.)

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hollow said:

This. The story should feel like a natural part of the setting, not something contrived for the purposes of an end-of-season campaign. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The rest of the Enhancements (Heroic Traits, Artefacts,...), how to adquire them and Command models are the two only Core Rules that they left to show us

Monday: Part of a model from the preview.
Tuesday: Nothing as usual.
Wednesday: Command Models
Thursday: Enhancements
Friday: Preview and maybe a Dawnbringers short? pretty please.

My schedule:

September-October: Stormcast-Skaven
November-December: Seraphon
March: Sylvaneth/Gloomspite Gitz
May: Khorne
June: Slaves to Darkness/Orruk Warclans
September/October: 2-4 books
November/December: Ogor Mawtribes****

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Released or not we can probably assume that in Dawnbringers 6 Embergard will fall , the asqhyan crusade will fail and the Vermindoom will start ! 🐁

image.png.97c1741a66e6537d85cbc616516307

dHWPK65BvTCy0N1L.jpg

The question is, is this Embergard?

In favour of Embergard:

- Embergard/ Default City 2 banner.
- A lot of Wheel iconography in the new pic.
- CoS Battletome shows a Skavens icon where Embergard is supposed to be (but this could be before being settled).

In favour of Hel Crow:

- Close to the sea, as seen in the trailer. Opposite to how Embergard is in the middle of mountains far from the sea.
- Hel Crow featured in April Fools. Including a new detailed city crest.
- Hel Crow region map in the background of the paint #NewAoS liberator stream.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The question is, is this Embergard?

In favour of Embergard:

- Embergard/ Default City 2 banner.
- A lot of Wheel iconography in the new pic.
- CoS Battletome shows a Skavens icon where Embergard is supposed to be (but this could be before being settled).

In favour of Hel Crow:

- Close to the sea, as seen in the trailer. Opposite to how Embergard is in the middle of mountains far from the sea.
- Hel Crow featured in April Fools. Including a new detailed city crest.
- Hel Crow region map in the background of the paint #NewAoS liberator stream.

I think the top image with Tahlia Vedra is Embergard while the lower image is Hel crown where Vermindoom starts .

Edited by cyrus

Posted (edited)

I feel nothing about those images.

The city invented six months ago has fallen, and the character invented less than a year ago is looking worried at it.

Where are all the stories that started in second edition? The old and (barely) developed characters we had three (or six) years ago? 

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Where are all the stories that started in second edition? The old and (barely) developed characters we had three (or six) years ago? 

Kragnos got bored and went back to sleep under a mountain.

Bastion Carthalos has let himself go. He's in new Asgard playing call of duty with his mate Korg.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It's simple. They are not finished so the players can use them for their campaigns. Solving every plot point very quickly is not a good thing. AoS is doing it too fast for me anyway. Setting > story. 

And I really despise this "but this is new character/new place, why should I care?" approach. What are they supposed to do? Not introduce new things? They can't destroy only old established cities.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1