The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Tbh I don't care at all about the destruction of a new builded city that I don’t actually know.

The scope of this series is a big miss.

And then, Hammerhall A/G is destroyed XD

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

Redeploy has the keyword run, so I think you can't charge afterwards

Why not? Redeploy happened in the opponent’s turn. The charge happens in your turn be it in this battleround or the next one.

Using Redeploy seems to me a valid way to set up a charge in your next turn and if you are double turned you use counter charge.

Redeploy, counter charge and all out attack / all out defense will probably used a lot for melee orientated armies. In the same way as some armies always used the same artefact. 

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

Why not? Redeploy happened in the opponent’s turn. The charge happens in your turn be it in this battleround or the next one.

I think he was talking about charging with Counter-Charge, in the same turn as Redeploy.

• Thanks 1

Ha! Looks like GW is now playing the RE's game with LOTR. They resolved one that was said to be resolved after one month but now they are throwing another one:

Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game – Reinforcements Arrive in the North - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

ME KnightsArnor Apr11 Image1

ME KnightsArnor Apr11 Teaser2

It is a shame that the same doesn't match because they could have worked as nice proxies.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think he was talking about charging with Counter-Charge, in the same turn as Redeploy.

That never works as you can't use more than one command on the same unit in the same turn.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yes, please! 😍

No please :(

I know people like poopooing on Hammerhal Aqsha/Ghyra for being basic or getting too much attention, but it's one of the cities that really embodies the unique ideas in AoS, the best developed free city and the easiest city to introduce beginners to. There's way too much potential stories to be told that would be impossible by outright destroying it.

It's the only free city that really captured my imagination at all initially when I was learning about the CoS as a newbie to the lore. Throwing that all away for what basically amounts to shock value would be a waste.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
swearing
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

No please :(

I know people like poopooing on Hammerhal Aqsha/Ghyra for being basic or getting too much attention, but it's one of the cities that really embodies the unique ideas in AoS, the best developed free city and the easiest city to introduce beginners to. There's way too much potential stories to be told that would be impossible by outright destroying it.

It's the only free city that really captured my imagination at all initially when I was learning about the CoS as a newbie to the lore. Throwing that all away for what basically amounts to shock value would be a waste.

Oh, it is not about Hammerhall in particular. I just like that kind of stuff, like what happened with Har Kuron/ Anvilgard. The fact that a faction can have heavy casualties makes the world real.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
swearing

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh, it is not about Hammerhall in particular. I just like that kind of stuff, like what happened with Har Kuron/ Anvilgard. The fact that a faction can have heavy casualties makes the world real.

I like that there are stakes to free cities too and I like that they can be endangered, but it doesn't mean I want to see them all destroyed for the hell of it. Anvilgard was a great move, but for a city as important as Hammerhal I wouldn't want it to happen just as a plottwist.

Half of hammerhall falling after a long campaign focused on a siege of hammerhal I would accept.

But destroying a city that's not at all the focus of the narrative right now just to subvert expectations would be a bad move. Phoenicium has been foreshadowed more and more to fall, so that's fine. But a sudden pivot to Hammerhal falling would be very dissatisfying to me.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ha! Looks like GW is now playing the RE's game with LOTR. They resolved one that was said to be resolved after one month but now they are throwing another one:

Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game – Reinforcements Arrive in the North - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

ME KnightsArnor Apr11 Image1

ME KnightsArnor Apr11 Teaser2

It is a shame that the same doesn't match because they could have worked as nice proxies.

Seems this means GW won’t be done with lotr then at least

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not so sure about Embergard being the one from the trailer, as it is close to the sea and Embergard is not that close to the sea. Also, it is true that it was always said one city would fall, but what if they are talking about Phoenicium instead? It wouldn't be that crazy to add a plot twist in that way.

There's Embergard emblems on the walls of the city in the trailer. And if Hollywood can't be bothered with astronomy in Star Wars if it contradicts a cool shot of Starkiller base blowing up planets, I'm sure no one at GW is bothered with imaginary geography if it contradicts a cool camera pan over ocean crags. They demonstrably don't read their own preexisting books when writing new stuff so I can't see them meticulously pouring over maps.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure they flat out called it Embergard in initial marketing material but later redacted that since it's technically a spoiler, however few people actually care about the Dawnbringers narrative and didn't see through it yet.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

That never works as you can't use more than one command on the same unit in the same turn.

You can issue 1 Command in each phase: 

-Enemy Movement Phase: Redeploy

-Enemy Charge Phase: Counter-Charge

MhLAqoHAcYWBwqeh.jpg

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Seems this means GW won’t be done with lotr then at least

They are losing the license, I don't remember the exact date. It is a bit weird to produce new stuff if they would lose the license in a short time. Maybe they can keep selling what they already produced... or they would renew the license. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

1 in each phase. 

-Enemy Movement Phase: Redeploy

-Enemy Charge Phase: Counter-Charge

The Redeploy command has the 'Run' keyword. Too early to tell without more info about the rules, but it could indicate that it is mutually exclusive with charging, as Running traditionally does in Warhammer.

1 minute ago, Mortal Wound said:

The Redeploy command has the 'Run' keyword. Too early to tell without more info about the rules, but it could indicate that it is mutually exclusive with charging, as Running traditionally does in Warhammer.

Yeah, i know. That why I said that rules-blurb above (not going to copy & paste again)

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They are losing the license, I don't remember the exact date. It is a bit weird to produce new stuff if they would lose the license in a short time. Maybe they can keep selling what they already produced... or they would renew the license. Who knows.

Probably a renewal in that case, most license losses mean you can’t continue selling since you don’t have license 

3 hours ago, Verminentious said:

Seeing how this is a rumour channel I guess I should add that there is a rumour of a Blood Knight focused Vampire Counts army, not unreasonable to think if any of the other legacy factions have changed. I.e. Dark Elves.

Legends factions are not in the focus. We are gonna get campaigns, new models and new lore for the 9 factions for the next years.

We can talk about the Legend factions on the next cycle of the game.

Who knows in the future.

• Thanks 2

There were rumors of the GW LotR license going away in light of the Tolkien Estate being bought by the Embracer Group a couple years ago. Embracer is a 'final boss of capitalism' level holding company that also owns Asmodee amongst other stuff, and through Asmodee, multiple companies already specialized in producing popular IP tabletop games like MCP or Star Wars Legion/Shatterpoint. It stood to reason that the suits at Embracer would not have an interest in extending the license when they could be doing a competing product essentially in-house. This was congruent with the fact that GW released a new LotR starter box/edition to great fanfare and then immedietely went radio silent on the entire game. The supposition being that said starter box and edition were already produced when the Embracer news hit so they didn't want to scrap it, but were already preparing for the license yoink.

Renewed releases for GW's LotR miniature line coincide in time with reports of financial troubles at Embracer and business cuts/layoffs at Embracer subsidiaries. It is therefore a plausible scenario that Embracer is not in a position to do stuff with their newly acquired LotR property at this time, changed their mind and either renewed the license or promised to renew the license for GW.

This is of course all pure conjecture since no one in the general public is privy to such high-level corporate chicanery and people privy to it would likely be bound by mountains of NDAs, but it seems like a logical way to put all the puzzle pieces together, at least to me.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Canonically the Nightshriekers wings cannot let them fly, they just jump hella high. 

Oh. Is that talked about in the tome?

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

I had a quick look but could find anything, only a few of the designers have active social media presences and showcase their stuff unfortunately. Your best bet would probably be a white dwarf from like 3 years back if no one here knows off the top of their head 

I asked here before but forgot the name after someone so kindly shared that info. 

Iirc it was talked about in a while dwarf or war com design article. 

Whoever you are you are hands down one of my fav Geedubs sculptors. I have my suspicions but am curious as to what else they worked on. 

In completely unrelated news I heard 40k 11th will be Orks. 🤘

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Oh. Is that talked about in the tome?

The exact quote is:

Hearing keen enough to pick out a heartbeat in a storm compensates for their near blindness, and while their wings are too ragged for true flight, their strong hind limbs see them leap from stalagmite to stalacite with a loping, predatory ease. 

• Thanks 3