The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I am all for more flavour and immersion, but picking hands does not do it for me. 😉 

That's fair enough, I didn't realise it was an existing rule too. Like/ dislike is fine, however the positive is it gives hope that they've not asset stripped the flavoursome stuff simply for a reroll/ other generic affect. 

Here's hoping...

9 hours ago, EonChao said:

Cursed City, however, seems to still be in stock. So for an extra £40 you can get some zombies and skeletons, plus a few meddling sigmarites/brave champions of order

And basically a game you can play with those minis, as well 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Do we think Bonesplitterz and Beasts of Chaos are getting reworked?

Based on the regiments system i think its plausible that we could be getting them back some day as regiments instead of a subfaction. Bonesplitterz could get a hero + 2 or 3 units that can be slotted into either Ironjawz or Kruleboyz. The same could be said for Beasts and can be slotted into any Chaos army. It think it actually fits their lore too.

This way GW can still do the micro armies they always wanted without having to commit to a whole army + tome system and years of support that helps with limited warehouse space.

Don't start the hopium again 💔

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Just checked on the webstore. Guess what miniature was sneak-deleted by GW...

Skaven_Grey_Seer_(1).webp.ab7886f9bf546dc9e65184ef8af101ff.webp

He’s in the Skaven vanguard box, tho that will probably be updated to a spearhead box. Likely containing new sculpts from 4.0.

13 minutes ago, Garrac said:

1 minute ago, GrimDork said:

He’s in the Skaven vanguard box, tho that will probably be updated to a spearhead box. Likely containing new sculpts from 4.0.

I hope so, because it is a fantastic mini and should fit perfectly with the new Skaven as seen in the announcement video.

As lots of you I will also try get the launch box (hopefully they made enough) and starting a SCE or Skaven army in 4th seems very likely. The mini's are going to be awesome!

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I hope so, because it is a fantastic mini and should fit perfectly with the new Skaven as seen in the announcement video.

As lots of you I will also try get the launch box (hopefully they made enough) and starting a SCE or Skaven army in 4th seems very likely. The mini's are going to be awesome!

Id say Whitefang was right and therell be a new grey seer on the starter box, and thats why the 2014 one was sneak deleted

Also, while the Vanguard box is still ok the webstore, It is sold out whitout the typical "temporarily sold out" label

I'm really curious about the new Skaven sculpts. As has been said that Grey seer is already great and the clanrats are solid sculpts if a little lacking in poses. I'm not sure how much they can change. 

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm really curious about the new Skaven sculpts. As has been said that Grey seer is already great and the clanrats are solid sculpts if a little lacking in poses. I'm not sure how much they can change. 

Add more tactical rocks and also make it cost more

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Idk, the US market is clearly massive, given the new series of Doctor who is being released at midnight UK time I'm not surprised really.

I thought the same. Seems the US market is the one leading the decisions now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Garrac said:

They do go through phases of removing the characters from the Vanguard boxes from the webstore to encourage people desperate to buy them to pick up the box. There's plenty of others like it right now, the Isharen Soulscryer, Fyreslayer Battlesmith, Melusai Ironscale, Magister on Disc, Knight of Shrouds, Branchwych, and Mortisan Soulreaper are all in the same boat. That said both the Grey Seer and Vanguard are certainly getting replaced with new models

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe SCE now relais on the CoS firepower?

One of the things I noticed when going through the path to glory campaign stuff happening in stores is that despite there being a point for painting a piece of artillery, there's strikingly few within AoS. I think it's only Cities, Lumineth, Ossiarchs, Ogors and Khorne which have any after the purge, so hopefully Stormcast get something if only to keep some variety in the game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Id say Whitefang was right and therell be a new grey seer on the starter box, and thats why the 2014 one was sneak deleted

Also, while the Vanguard box is still ok the webstore, It is sold out whitout the typical "temporarily sold out" label

That would be disappointing. 😞 Ofcourse I had enough chance to buy it the last couple of years, but still... .

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

they will but GW are weird about the timing, it could be like 6 months if they're being funny. I'd be willing to bet that the night lord half will be more popular so you could probably sell that half and the book and get the mandrakes cheaper than you will at solo release.

while that is the case, I still don't think having things be well timed for people in Europe is that much of a priority for big corporations these days

K thanks. I will keep an eye on the 2nd hand market for a discount.

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Based on the regiments system i think its plausible that we could be getting them back some day as regiments instead of a subfaction. Bonesplitterz could get a hero + 2 or 3 units that can be slotted into either Ironjawz or Kruleboyz. The same could be said for Beasts and can be slotted into any Chaos army. It think it actually fits their lore too.

This way GW can still do the micro armies they always wanted without having to commit to a whole army + tome system and years of support that helps with limited warehouse space.

Beasts of Chaos, yes, bonesplitterz, no

BoC can easily be reworked into something like Children of Morghur and be all about mutation and chaotic creation ooze type stuff, lots of unique potential there and AOS loves doing their own unique thing. If anything does happen for them it’ll likely be in 6th or 7th ed

Bonesplitterz are just too similar to TOW orks, so I dont foresee them coming back in any form with Gork and Mork covered in warclans with Ironjawz and Kruleboyz

If anything happens with destruction it’ll probably be a new faction

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

They decided to remove, redesign and reallocate Beasts models like 4-6 years ago. If we think that they could add them again maybe It could happen on two or three editions.

14 minutes ago, EonChao said:

One of the things I noticed when going through the path to glory campaign stuff happening in stores is that despite there being a point for painting a piece of artillery, there's strikingly few within AoS. I think it's only Cities, Lumineth, Ossiarchs, Ogors and Khorne which have any after the purge, so hopefully Stormcast get something if only to keep some variety in the game.

And Skaven have the green laser and the green gunk thrower.

• Like 1