The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, GhostShark said:

while you're right, thats true of literally every GW game. 

That's true for every game made in the world, actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, when Warcry is no longer supported, groups of players growing up with it will keep maintaining the rules online and playing it because they had such fun with it, just like Mordheim. It's a generation thing.

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

There is a chance that Ruination book lord is a Lord Celastant. Maybe an alternate building for Vandus/ generic Lord Celastant. 

Agree as well Lord Relictor would make sense given one of the original heroes, their important abilities regarding tethering the souls of the fallen and they are often alongside Lord Celastants in lore.

Though that being said Ravenlord was leading the forces so they may be a new type of Celastant themselves so there is a chance book guy is a Lord Castellant which are accompanied by gryph hounds that would be an extra model towards the 25.

Just personal preference but I feel a Knight Azyros would fit pretty nicely guiding forces through the Skaven taint with their lanterns and thematically alongside the Prosecutors.

Edit: Looking at the picture for the guy currently on the Warcom 4th edition article that looks like book guy he does have an hourglass hanging from his waist like a Lord Castellant does and his axe is close to the halberd. There is a chance it is halberd with the spike pierced in to the ground.

What about the Ravenlord being Vandus instead of the cover dude?

Talking about Prosecutors. We were talking in a WhatsApp group about them. They look to be from the Ruination chamber even if they look pretty similar (wings apart) to the current ones.

They have the Ruination icon on their shields:

image.png.0c484c9a08254c5793377ca526049e94.png

But I noticed that there's a big hole above the eyes on that icon. Could it be linked to the tattoo on the cover-dude head? Or is it just a shot from the rats making a hole in the shield?

WhNWuDbEpfqjOyy4.jpg

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If what they said in the video is true, we could see fewer models because the box would include scenery.

TBH, the AoSv3 release box wasn't that big in stormcast miniatures. I'd say the number of 10 liberators, 3 prosecutors, 3 ruinators, the mounted lord, some wizard is about right we should expect.

Gotta be honest, you're gonna kill me, but, what's the diference of then ew fantasy marine model showed yesterday? To me it really seems like it's the same miniature as other fantasy marines, but slightly thinner?

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about Prosecutors. We were talking in a WhatsApp group about them. They look to be from the Ruination chamber even if they look pretty similar (wings apart) to the current ones.

They have the Ruination icon on their shields:

image.png.0c484c9a08254c5793377ca526049e94.png

But I noticed that there's a big hole above the eyes on that icon. Could it be linked to the tattoo on the cover-dude head? Or is it just a shot from the rats making a hole in the shield?

WhNWuDbEpfqjOyy4.jpg

Looks more like a gem typical for all new shields:
image.png.3e68e4af4c4d2815feb7cfe87f36c109.pngimage.png.28d48694f3d0c5904dc408c13860e361.png

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Gotta be honest, you're gonna kill me, but, what's the diference of then ew fantasy marine model showed yesterday? To me it really seems like it's the same miniature as other fantasy marines, but slightly thinner?

I am pretty sure some would say the same about the rats 😋

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I am pretty sure some would say the same about the rats 😋

Very true, when I saw the leaked ratling gun sprue I did think "isn't this an older kit" before seeing otherwise

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

That's true for every game made in the world, actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, when Warcry is no longer supported, groups of players growing up with it will keep maintaining the rules online and playing it because they had such fun with it, just like Mordheim. It's a generation thing.

There are CCGs that were discontinued decades ago that still get fan made expansions released online, and even within the Warhammer Studio itself, old games are kept alive by the people working there on their own time (Inquisitor 28 is great example of this). As long as you have something that vaguely resembles the rules, something to use as models/terrain/cards, then there's nothing stopping you from continuing to enjoy the games you love long after they're no longer available.

24 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Design aside, proportions are (very) different.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I suppose the mildly spicy take is that Liberators and Vindictors are more or less the same thing and it's a quirk of history that they are separate units instead of "Liberators with hammers" and "Liberators with spears". They will certainly end up playing the same role at the table, most likely. In that sense, it's fine if they looks similar, but it is good that the old Liberator kit finally gets its visual update. I think people have been getting more positive about the reworked Stormcast design recently, and retiring their old kits which had a much more mixed reception is a good step, IMO.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I suppose the mildly spicy take is that Liberators and Vindictors are more or less the same thing and it's a quirk of history that they are separate units instead of "Liberators with hammers" and "Liberators with spears". They will certainly end up playing the same role at the table, most likely. In that sense, it's fine if they looks similar, but it is good that the old Liberator kit finally gets its visual update. I think people have been getting more positive about the reworked Stormcast design recently, and retiring their old kits which had a much more mixed reception is a good step, IMO.

I completely agree with this. It's hard to get excited about the new Liberator when it's essentially a weapon swap Vindictor with some very minor armour and shield differences (plus a slightly odd helmet), but it's ultimately a good thing for the game that the SCE range is moving towards a more cohesive, polished, and (by most accounts?) popular design.

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Very true, when I saw the leaked ratling gun sprue I did think "isn't this an older kit" before seeing otherwise

I look at that kit and the only thought I had was, eh could  easily fit i to old world as well.

I guess skaven are just this one awesome concept that can’t really be changed.

truly the real poster boys of aos.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's funny that they've removed weapon ranges too, so that won't even differentiate them anymore. It'd be interesting if liberator were anti armour-line troop hybrids with those big hammers but I expect they'll just be the stormcast objective grabbers

11 minutes ago, Davariel said:

I completely agree with this. It's hard to get excited about the new Liberator when it's essentially a weapon swap Vindictor with some very minor armour and shield differences (plus a slightly odd helmet), but it's ultimately a good thing for the game that the SCE range is moving towards a more cohesive, polished, and (by most accounts?) popular design.

I mean considering the stormy marines releases.

can one even get excited about that factions releases anymore?

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Luperci said:

It's funny that they've removed weapon ranges too, so that won't even differentiate them anymore. It'd be interesting if liberator were anti armour-line troop hybrids with those big hammers but I expect they'll just be the stormcast objective grabbers

I would not hate it if the difference came down to Liberators getting more Objective Control and Vindictors getting a better save or whatever. But I think we will really have to wait to see how the new rules shake out with regard to different weapons before we can really know.