The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not been keeping up too much with what has been going on but if I was to guess, I'd say think Ork Klans from 40K. So you have for example Stormboyz which are typically Blood Axe, but you can also have Goff Stormboyz. I think with Skaven we will still see Plague Monks but they will be less Clan Pestilens and more just Plague Monks. A casual look at the Warhammer Store, I only see mention of the Clan for Plague Monks. All the other Pestilens units do not mention the clan. 

So do I see that they are loosing a cool bit of background with the clans - no. I'm sure it's just evolved into something different. With the Skaven Vermindoom, there must have been some sort of uniting thing to happen to Skaven but I'm sure they will still backstab each other like always.

We even saw the short from warcom where rivals are forced to work together. Extend that to the clans and you have the 4th edition Skavens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Grand Alliance: Infighting (containing all Aelf factions)

Not to be confused with:

Grand Alliance: Angry (Khorne, Fyreslayers, Ironjawz)

Grand Alliance: Furry (Skaven, BoC, Seraphon because scales count too)

Grand Alliance: Hungry (Ogors and FEC)

Grand Alliance: Soul-y (OBR, Nighthaunt, SCE, Idoneth)

Grand Alliance: Money (only Kharadron, they want a monopoly on this alliance)

And even with that we would end up having talks here about how Angry and Furry would end up being souped because Furry is similar to Fury and fits with Angry.

16 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Took me 9 years to scrawl back to square base gaming after End Times, imagine now that OPR exists.

Alltho, you guys are right, I will wait and see for the moment. Don't want to be unfair until proven otherwise.

Just keep the DONGS coming.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We even saw the short from warcom where rivals are forced to work together. Extend that to the clans and you have the 4th edition Skavens.

Ha! I knew I had read something recently about it. 

I like that they are moving out of the shadow of The Old World and moving more away from this is just X army displaced from it. It's been slowly happening for years but it should be it's own thing now :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Fits with the EUR ones converted. Nice to get them back. Are they putting the excels back in the retailers site?

It's actually cheaper, than straight conversion, which would have been closer to £90 for Warcry and £95 for KT.

And no, I had it forwarded from a LGS's group chat.

47 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I like that they are moving out of the shadow of The Old World and moving more away from this is just X army displaced from it. It's been slowly happening for years but it should be it's own thing now :D 

There was a rumor about teams for AoS and TOW competing a bit in intern and such. But it's pretty clear than now TOW is there and it's all focused on having the old miniatures back in line, making definitive separate miniature ranges for both games does have more weight.

It will indeed take time before all AoS current miniatures get a proper "AoS specific design" (ogor, beastmen, we see you - skavens are getting it and Chaos will have its old marauders replaced soon...and CoS, yeah, I totally can see GW flatlining the old dwarf / elf / empire units definitevely and making them TOW only in the future).

7 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

There was a rumor about teams for AoS and TOW competing a bit in intern and such. But it's pretty clear than now TOW is there and it's all focused on having the old miniatures back in line, making definitive separate miniature ranges for both games does have more weight.

It will indeed take time before all AoS current miniatures get a proper "AoS specific design" (ogor, beastmen, we see you - skavens are getting it and Chaos will have its old marauders replaced soon...and CoS, yeah, I totally can see GW flatlining the old dwarf / elf / empire units definitevely and making them TOW only in the future).

Marauders have been replaced already. They are the Darkoaths.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

It was probably a friendly rivalry than anything. Especially if you think may of the people involved in AOS used to be fanatical Warhammer players :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Marauders have been replaced already. They are the Darkoaths.

Box is still not released, and the previous marauder units are still in the rules / in store, that's what I meant.

• Like 1

After @Whitefanglaugh reacting to my “I hope he (the White Dwarf) gets a miniature I’m a little flustered that there won’t be. Or worse that it will be dressed like a Stupid Stormcast or Primaris. 

If this 500 mark gets no plastic or resin miniature or if  its just a mug and some tote bags well….

IMG_3496.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 5