The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I would be all for this!! Cannibalistic Halflings, GW would give them their own names of course but short and stout hunters that have a hunger that drives them to side with Ogors and scout out choice hunting spots for the Mawpath, that work alongside the Bloodpelt Hunter.

It makes much more sense than what the Gnoblars currently do.

fe3c99cd53ed8c0c2501b94f3989f384.jpg

jpnnnx9zff911.jpg

I say this i would love to see any other race get some more love that not just human, elves, dwarfs or undead with a twist 

having just miscellaneous races being parts of other factions like

• Halfling for CoS or Ogre
  • Cathay dragons for Lumineth
  • Sirens for Idoneth
  • Fimir for Kruleboyz
  • Leprechauns for sylvaneth idk 

that would flesh out the realm out beyond the faction races. Gitz has that with Troggoths, S2D has that with the Ogroid & Fomoroid & Stormcast sort has it with the Draconith

I say so for it diversify the faction a bit moresoulbound-species-portrait-free-cities-ogor-v0-cq48gx6n70ab1.webp.860de8c6736ff19197a1a16ed7de0e72.webp

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Skragrott kinda declared war on the Skaven here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/15/dawnbringer-chronicles-xxiv-rumbles-in-da-green/

What new models do we think could be added to GG to fight the Skaven? Updated Stabbas/Shootas? Something new?

I'd love to see some of the old concept stuff explored that we haven't had yet / updates to things like spiders (but with moonclan riders), like this stuff:
Gloomspite Gits concepts for Age of Sigmar. Sneaky photos taken at the recent Open Day by a mystery grot appreciator.Gloomspite Gits concepts for Age of Sigmar. Sneaky photos taken at the recent Open Day by a mystery grot appreciator.Gloomspite Gits concepts for Age of Sigmar. Sneaky photos taken at the recent Open Day by a mystery grot appreciator.

The Stinkhorn looks fun, and I'd love some spyder gloomins / spider-grots like we got for Silver Tower. Mold bearer and mold spreader are nice also.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Now that all the dust has settled for tha announcement of AoS4, I'd like to share an opinion with you all : why Skavens are the perfect antagonists for the new edition.

1. They're iconic and unique ! Skaven are 100% Warhammer - they're not ripoffs from Tolkien, Moorcock, D&D or medieval/early modern history like most WFB factions, or inspired by the latter like most AoS factions, they're their own thing entirely ! They're evil ratmen with a WW1 inspiration (inspiration not ripoff) and that's very unique and that's what makes them iconic. For me, Skaven are one of the most famous Warhammer icons - on the levels of Space Marines, Orks or "heavily armoured fantasy warrior" like SCE or chaos warriors that Warhammer popularised.
  2. They're pure evil ! No morally grey villains here, Skavens are just evil incarnate, all they want is to completely dominate the whole setting, they'll kill and destroy everything including each other. Having bad guys that are just 100% evil is great because 1/ it's fun to play as them and 2/ it's fun to play against them !
  3. They have a varied roster. Obviously the starter will have your basic clanrats and clawlord, but expanding from that new players will have a variety of playstyles to choose from. Want to go magic heavy with grey seers and verminlords ? You can ! Want to go shooting heavy with guns, chemical weapons and artillery ? You can ! Want to go with a zoo of Frankenstein rat monsters ? You can ! Want to play a horde of rats and have a 1 hour movement phase ? You get the idea. Also they have some great kits from a money/points ratio, like Thanquol, the verminlord, the A-bomb...
  4. They're just fun ! They constantly backstab each other, snort the magic chaos rock they use as fuel, create insane mad science, they're so completely over the top evil it becomes comical. Even their rules are fun : you can supercharge your war machines to do a ton of damage but they may blow up in your face instead, sacrifice underlings, have your characters bravely run away...
  5. You have a lore justification for fighting every single army in the game including yourself.

Now lets just hope the new rules will truly show their charactersitic.

not like the current one we have.

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

No Stormcast died? I would thought that at least 3 died. 1 prosecutor and two liberators. The prosecutor shot by a skaven sniper, the new machine killing a liberator and the rat ogor killing the other liberator with flames.

The feeling is mutual yet unlike the skavem, where you kinda see how skulls get ripped of of their bodies, where theg get stabbed and such things.

the stormcast well don’t really get shown dying.

sure we saw the stormcast being incased by flames, but we din’t see him dying or vanishing into lightning.

same can be said by those stormcast being shot at.

it kinda just looked like shots doing nothing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/15/dawnbringer-chronicles-xxiv-rumbles-in-da-green/

What new models do we think could be added to GG to fight the Skaven? Updated Stabbas/Shootas? Something new?

I dunno.

just remember that a story doesn’t always indicate new models for a faction.

or the skaven would have gotten some of theirs years ago😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

So we got a couple option

• Armored Troggoth which was mention in the Short. There also the sulfer breath troggoth

Warhammer Underworlds Grinkrak's Looncourt Review, 40% OFF

• Updated Shottas and Stabbas like in Grinkrak looncourt
  • new Doom diver/Spear chukka or any sort of siege weapon
  • A new breed of squigs (personally would like a Squiggoth to make an appearance)
  • Updated Spider-riders (make use of the Gallet spider-rumor engine)

Nasty_Skulker_M01.jpg

• A Nasty skulker legacy unit
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They'll find a home for the Beastmen, they'll get them into S2D where all the Beasts sculpts that BoC deserved (hello Ogroids) already are waiting for them

Is wait before stating they are dead.

might as well be that they are getting a refresh at some point.

After all officially there is no indication that beasts are going.

unless of course you’d count their tow supported rules, but considering that logic slaves would also be removed😂.

sounds unlikely

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

• Armored Troggoth which was mention in the Short. There also the sulfer breath troggoth

• A new breed of squigs (personally would like a Squiggoth to make an appearance)

Nasty_Skulker_M01.jpg

You know whats funny about that soecific underworld warband?

those stabbas fit so perfectly into any stabbas unit.

they have the exact same size are easy made with not many details, and with their more heavily equipped armor they make perfect unit championsADBD2115-F68B-414C-87C0-1F1E6F15EC5F.jpeg.625af85404d2dae8d86eb11f6aa23406.jpeg

F18CF879-93F4-45F9-B2E0-A76913EBFA35.jpeg

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You know whats funny about that soecific underworld warband?

those stabbas fit so perfectly into any stabbas unit.

they have the exact same size are easy made with not many details, and with their more heavily equipped armor they make perfect unit championsADBD2115-F68B-414C-87C0-1F1E6F15EC5F.jpeg.625af85404d2dae8d86eb11f6aa23406.jpeg

F18CF879-93F4-45F9-B2E0-A76913EBFA35.jpeg

I did exactly this!

I've outfit my units with a bunch of the underworlds units as champs and musicians (mushroom doot git). I also used the underworlds netter model for all of my netters from the monopose units (like battle for skull pass, of which I have ..uh... too many).
The two grots with the shield slingshot are a fun shoota champ.

They fit great scale wise and looks awesome!

• Like 1

There are two confirmed Stormcast kills on the video with suggestions of a couple more. 

Screenshot_20240324-114847.png.608780b3ba501961fbad322c50eee015.png

This is a flash of a stormcast getting killed. 

Here's another of a prosecutor getting shot by a Jezzail.Screenshot_20240324-114939.png.de90b53b7c0db98cc563d18599189026.png

There's another couple of Stormcast who probably don't come out of the day well. We don't see what happened to the one burned by the rat ogre, or what happens to the one shot up by the rattling cannon. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I would be all for this!! Cannibalistic Halflings, GW would give them their own names of course but short and stout hunters that have a hunger that drives them to side with Ogors and scout out choice hunting spots for the Mawpath, that work alongside the Bloodpelt Hunter.

It makes much more sense than what the Gnoblars currently do.

fe3c99cd53ed8c0c2501b94f3989f384.jpg

jpnnnx9zff911.jpg

So THAT'S where the Gourmalice's origins are! 

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Nasty_Skulker_M01.jpg

Yeah I feel we’ll see more types of Troggs, shamans & “knight” gobbos.

With that lore bit that the Stormcast Ruination are being sent into the Skaven dens because they can resist all the raw chaos warpstone everywhere I imagine the Loonking will be unleashing better equipped(for grots) troops that can swarm in as well with armor & magic protecting them.(and probably ones so mutated on Moon magic they counter the chaos magic, so hopefully spider-grots as well)

Edited by Baron Klatz

36 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Why would I watch the hype trailer for a game I can't play according to GW.

The rumour mill has said you might not be able to play. GW have said nothing at all so far which is its own kind of frustrating. If this turns out to be true I’m 100% on your side in saying this is a terrible decision that benefits absolutely no one, but we don’t know anything for sure yet. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The rumour mill has said you might not be able to play. GW have said nothing at all so far which is its own kind of frustrating. If this turns out to be true I’m 100% on your side in saying this is a terrible decision that benefits absolutely no one, but we don’t know anything for sure yet. 

If every rumor turns out to be wrong then I'll be more excited than any hype build could possibly do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If every rumor turns out to be wrong then I'll be more excited than any hype build could possibly do.

I still don't believe the BoC leaving rumor.  That's in large part because I don't want it to be true, but also because I just can't see any logical reason for it.  If they do "leave" I imagine it would be just the current models mostly leaving alongside a largish model refresh akin to the seraphon one.  I have no source for this, but it's what makes sense to me.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lele said:

Is there any avarice model that can steal artifact from others in 3.0, or 4.0 ??? , we need that power, i want them from Slaanesh !!!

Drekki Flynt can "take" artifacts from other models.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1