The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Do you think the model mondays will be reserved for the new starter set? Full reveal of the box will probably happen 1 month from now, so 4 weeks of lesser reveals from starter box seems like some good teasers to keep us interested.

I hear the complaints from the 40k fanbase already. I love it.

I do hope the new Stormcast take more inspiration from the Thunderstrike, rather than just being battered grizzled versions of the 1st Ed models. I actually like the thunderstrike aesthetic and proportions and think all of the SCE pre-that look like dogwater. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO they would never share a box because the number of models we get for each game is drastically different. if they end up sharing games, there is going to be a box of 10 and a box of 20. That's a no-no with their current capacity issues. But as I said, just my humble opinion.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I’m not clamouring for their disappearance by any means, like I said I’ve got a 3k Cities army made up entirely of Duardin, but I’m bracing for the worst.

And for GW to muck up army selection in AoS too for that matter, after the mess they’ve made of 40K 10th edition.

30 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think we all know wich minis are going to leave (dispossesed, bones, dark elves, boc, old ogres, old skavens, fatcasts, metal/resin…)

The problem is they can’t announce it because that would cost sales and people lives in denial about it and when happens they get frustrated.

It's only obvious to no-lives like us who hang out on forums. A person walking into a shop and buying a vanguard box of beasts of chaos, wouldn't dream that in three months time that their £70 investment will be invalidated. 

That's an absolutely despicable business practice. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

This is largely all complete rubbish. I’ve had a look through the core book and I’ll let give you some rules, then I’m gone - flying too close to the sun.

- EVERYTHING is an ability. 

- Morale GONE. Now ‘Control’ stat.

- Weapon range is combat range, everything in 3” fights. That’s it. 

- Magic is choose one spell lore at beginning of game & everyone knows all spells in that spell lore. 

- If you choose to double turn you can’t score a battle tactic.

Them adding more fiddly bits but taking away the weapon range because it's too fiddly, thus leading to a net increase in fiddliness, is not something I love. I totally get people not wanting more mental load/time spent on measuring the weapon ranges in melee but given that the announcement touts MORE out of turn CP spends I'm just scratching my head.

May as well leave my thoughts as well!!

AOS 4.0 Trailer was absolutely epic and teased so many new units for both Stormcast and Skaven. I cannot wait.

Abraxia is a gorgeous mini and I love her mount cant wait for Dawnbringers V to arrive and now VI.

Warcry. Honestly to me these Warbands felt underwhelming. Beautiful sculpts as always but the OBR felt like a larger Underworlds Warband.

Underworlds is still my least favourite of the 3 AOS systems but I thst doesnt mean I dont love the minis from time to time, all the same, the COS Warband is not for me and the FEC feel a bit boring besides the Crypt Flayer.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You’re sad because battle tactics are still a thing.

I’m happy because double turn is taking a big warranted nerf.

Honestly with how they keep nerfing it every edition, it becomes increasingly clear that Double Turn is somebody important's baby and they just refuse to allow it to finally be removed outright. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Honestly with how they keep nerfing it every edition, it becomes increasingly clear that Double Turn is somebody important's baby and they just refuse to allow it to finally be removed outright. 

AoS would be worse off without the double. Without a doubt - those who dislike it are usually ones who refuse to play around it

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

AoS would be worse off without the double. Without a doubt - those who dislike it are usually ones who refuse to play around it

play around having to wait an hour until it's your turn again. Sure, that's easy.
That argument is tno argument it's a non-gument It adds just as much as it takes from the game but on top it adds passive time which is frustrating.

enough of that, there's a topic just for that discussion already.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

play around having to wait an hour until it's your turn again. That argument is the worst as it the DT for simple game design reasons and waiting times.

I'm sorry but thats not a valid argument either in my opinion because the double is for both players, more often than not both will get one and it will benefit both. Sometimes it doesn't happen but its better than sitting there turn 3 with no hope of winning because of fixed turn order.

4 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I'm sorry but thats not a valid argument either in my opinion because the double is for both players, more often than not both will get one and it will benefit both. Sometimes it doesn't happen but its better than sitting there turn 3 with no hope of winning because of fixed turn order.

answered in the according thread.

Edited by JackStreicher

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Nice, so both players have to wait an hour each not doing much? Please reconsider.
I know minus and minus is plus, but this isn't a case where this applies. You are thinking in game terms I am thinking in boredom turns and DTs add lots of boredom.

You'll have to see my second point where I explain why I dont beleive that you're "just sitting there". If you're bored during a double turn you're not doing it right tbh. But of course this is personal opinion

Edited by Cdance93

23 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

It's only obvious to no-lives like us who hang out on forums. A person walking into a shop and buying a vanguard box of beasts of chaos, wouldn't dream that in three months time that their £70 investment will be invalidated. 

That's an absolutely despicable business practice. 

Oh gw loves to do those tricks, the guy in my LGS is forced to receive stuff that everybody knows is going to be discontinued. A complete shame.

16 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

My problem with Double Turn is that it's been the quickest way to turn people off the game. You mention it to potential new players and you can see the interest drain from their face once they're reminded it exists.

It's continued inclusion also feels antithetical to AoS being pushed as more of a casual, relaxed, easier-to-get-into game; people will list those features as a great, low barrier to entry, and then with the next breath insist that Double Turn is awesome because it's this super in-depth tactical mechanic you always need to be worried about and playing against ahead of time and you'll totally get used to it after playing the game for months... which feels antithetical to the other points, or at least it comes off that way even if the reality is murkier. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

abraxia is good model,but i do not undestand why gw put chaos lords on dinosours, at this point i want to see a saurus on skaven machine, a skaven on a dragon and a domonic mount on a stormcat just for the no sense justice 😅 sorry if i am off topic

• Haha 1