The Rumour Thread

image.png.7a0e95ea8d55940f7f35f79e978a6767.pngimage.png.021a57c3f46434d4154e539e5c7e9f9f.png

image.png.893466f677052600af6a6706a28ffe2b.pngimage.png.843906e4cbac0bd3ec4ffddba842879c.png

Maybe it is pure copium but I think that it is new CoS flagellants. If we assume both RE are linked, it is more a unit than a hero or a single model. (because images match but are not at the same place on the mini). 

On a fluff point of view it works, zenestra have secrets, maybe during the last DB she will take over the entire crusade and turn everyone into zealots -> release of new flagellants. 

Regarding new SCE and ruination chamber, it is linked to lie, doom, end of the immortality so end of hope for simple humans -> falling into madness

The use of wood is not common for SCE and I don't see why it will be different for Ruination chamber. 

Maybe i'm going too far here but for me this mini is 99% new flagellant

image.png.cba2ba6c9fdfcf21746c839af4f612cc.pngimage.png.c41e9a0ba4a6e54e73604023edc4d49e.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'd prefer a Warcry flagellants box but CoS already got the Wildercorps for Warcry, so yeah, this looks like an Underworld warband.

May be a preview of whatever future redesign flagellants will be getting, mind you.

I need to see it now if it is CoS. I have mixed feelings about it. All those weird chains and spiky bits. It is hard to visualise how they could be. And also an interesting point, they moved away from the classic Fagellant look, which was quite iconic. Excited!

Very much looks like CoS priest and maybe they are holding a fancy Azyrite censer? If it is Underworlds and they are going against Nurgle are we about to have a priest-off?

Nurgle cult spreading their infection and plague to objectives and the devout of Sigmar are here to purge the corruption in righteous flames!  Always thought the hand in the RE with the clobber dobber looks wrapped up. Maybe a flagellant who was a bit overzealous with their fire?

It would be a good way to kick off the new box for Underworlds with the setting being somewhere like Ghyran where Nurgle is really trying to make a footing and link to the Dawnbringers Crusade with the priests leaving their new City to consecrate the land.

Honestly love the idea of more priests coming to AoS

4 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Very much looks like CoS priest and maybe they are holding a fancy Azyrite censer? If it is Underworlds and they are going against Nurgle are we about to have a priest-off?

Nurgle cult spreading their infection and plague to objectives and the devout of Sigmar are here to purge the corruption in righteous flames!  Always thought the hand in the RE with the clobber dobber looks wrapped up. Maybe a flagellant who was a bit overzealous with their fire?

It would be a good way to kick off the new box for Underworlds with the setting being somewhere like Ghyran where Nurgle is really trying to make a footing and link to the Dawnbringers Crusade with the priests leaving their new City to consecrate the land.

Honestly love the idea of more priests coming to AoS

If it is CoS, I wouldn't discard this one to be CoS as well:

D389zvVOqKdoClnx.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I need to see it now if it is CoS. I have mixed feelings about it. All those weird chains and spiky bits. It is hard to visualise how they could be. And also an interesting point, they moved away from the classic Fagellant look, which was quite iconic. Excited!

For me, it looks like a stormcast wannabe, with those hand made lightnings

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I demand for pictures of that!

https://imgur.com/a/ktTNvZd

Very much WIP (as in I am at my desk assembling them as I type lol)

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If it is CoS, I wouldn't discard this one to be CoS as well:

D389zvVOqKdoClnx.png

I still think this goes with those gangley NH looking hands / arms personally

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. I was about to post it. I think it fits those two RE:

cndFe6mxyifTpH1k.png

image.png.3972b7dc4a08ab0fad218b660a546184.png

LET'S GOOÓOOOO

And here I was saying we won't be getting new Cities stuff for a while :D

I would be ecstatic if we got a Warcry kit for Flagellants, but even "just" an Underworlds warband is incredibly good for adding anything to the Devoted keyword apart from Zenestra and the Flagellants. And it could establish what new Sigmarite religious stuff will look like.

Or it's even more (very stylish) witch hunters.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

VerAlways thought the hand in the RE with the clobber dobber looks wrapped up. Maybe a flagellant who was a bit overzealous with their fire?

Someone on one of my two CoS whats app groups shared this, and it makes a lot of sense with what you have mentioned:

SPOILER FROM DAWNBRINGERS 5.

Spoiler

image.png.8104a27f6aced281d4058e494df442e4.png

Sorry if it is not the most accurate translation (only translated the key bits).

"The Soulburned

Most of those who followed Zenestra died when she did the fire and amethyst magic storm. A little few survived with their flesh and soul burned. Those Flagellants that are self-called the Soulburned carry their scars and burns with proud"

I will edit this once he answers me about which book it is, in case someone wants to share the English version.

EDIT: From Dawnbringers 5. Adding Spoiler tags.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. I was about to post it. I think it fits those two RE:

cndFe6mxyifTpH1k.png

image.png.3972b7dc4a08ab0fad218b660a546184.png

I don't think those are from the same model, the details don't match, but they are 100% from the same unit/theme. 

That probably means there's another model with a similar aesthetic in the unit. 

My hopeium side says it's a 2nd wave of the religious and cult units for COS, but the realistic side says it's probably a underworlds band with 3 flagellants and a priest. 

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Were we missing some of those bits from being released still? No, right?

I think they have been all revealed but the third skull with lightening from left seems very close to the silouhette's one.

Probably underworlds flagellants warband !

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The only thing that was really true and it was proved by Workshop publishing part of the book in the WD was the Spider Incarnate.

I was claiming that the Kurnothi wave was really small and I was almost acussed of being delusional.

Bonesplitterz rumour was not originated by players, it is a problem that GW has created by himself removing them from the competitive game and ghosting them. We have examples like you didn't get a prize playing them on Worlds and they don't appear in Metawatch since months.

Bonesplitterz actually got mentioned in the video of the Metawatch article with the Battlescroll! 

Regarding the Dominion box, I'd recommended watching this:

Jordan explains (around 30min in) what happened with Dominion and it's very interesting. Long story short is wasn't a flop but just a ****** move from GW.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 3:40 PM, Chikout said:

With less than a week to go to Adepticon, it's time for some predictions. 

Adepticon show. 

40k:

two chaos heroes with box sets.

Flying Sisters hero with box set. 

Agents of the imperium teaser. 

AoS:

Dawnbringers book 6 with Abraxia or whatever her name is. No other heroes. 

AoS 4th cinematic trailer 

A couple of minis from the launch box shown but not the full set. 

A few details about rules. Indexes are mentioned. 

Kill team:

Gsc Vs loV box. Next edition teased

Warcry:

Sylvaneth Vs OBR

Underworlds:

New box set. Who knows what warbands but maybe Nurgle Vs Cities religious types.

The Old World

Dwarves. A couple of new heroes. Would love to see the missing tank. 

Necromunda:

Necromunda secondus teaser

Horus Heresy:

Plastic Admech teaser. 

That would make for a pretty good show with more to look forward to in the rest of the spring. 

Not doing too bad with my guesses so far!

• Like 2

They better not be getting rid of Beasts as a whole, last sword minis will be releasing some great new beastmen and I was hoping on getting them to make an army (perhaps mixed with darkoath)

Edit: also they have cool flagellants out this month if you want some cool ones and own a 3D printer.

Edited by pitzok