The Rumour Thread

We have just a few leaks compared to 40k, but when we have leaks, those are spectacular xD

Pls someone open it and tell us if we are getting indexes, endless are still there, faction terrain is still there and if there is a sign of boc/bones

Edited by Ragest

4 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Hm... looks like a big rat boy to me. Unsure about the green blob though. Looks vaguely skaveney and pit like but honesty it's just a mess of pixels. Best I could do.

aos4_book_back.png

Problem is, apart from the quality, that it appears like the photo was made from a far perspective to put all the starter box contents on the backcover

What I can slightly extract is that there's not a very big thing on those pixels except for these two circles that might as well be just scenary

image.png.da88c640e4fc29f9e4c9ccca41955dff.png

Can't tell if the starter box is usually featured on the back since my 10th ed book is a spetial edition and has just art there.

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

We have just a few leaks compared to 40k, but when we have leaks, those are spectacular xD

Pls someone open it and tell us if we are getting indexes, endless are still there, faction terrain is still there and if there is a sign of boc/bones

Don't read to this guy, just show us the rats, give me the datasheets, the narrative rats, give me the rats, nothing else matters!

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Don't read to this guy, just show us the rats, give me the datasheets, the narrative rats, give me the rats, nothing else matters!

xD I would love to see those aswell, but I don't think those are in the core book.

• Like 1

I am kind of late in posting this, but whatever, that interview about the Darkoath was awesome, specifically because it answered a question that has been floating on my mind since the Darkoath reveal.

The original marauders from the old world were established as not as enlightened on chaos as the other "higher-ranked" chaos followers and had their own names for the chaos gods. (The hound, the crow, the vulture, the serpent, etc.) It's interesting to see that this applies to the Darkoath too, although the wording in the interview is a little vague, like do they also have their own names for the chaos gods or do they just treat them as just a collection of nameless entities like the Northmen in A Song of Ice and Fire do? Also, I really love that one detail that they are distrustful of people who claim to be more knowledgeable about chaos because that gives them a unique dynamic among the chaos factions and distances them from the marauders of old because, unlike them, they probably won't be so willing to just flock to the closest chaos warlord.

• Like 3

Just now, Ragest said:

xD I would love to see those aswell, but I don't think those are in the core book.

The starter box rats will be there, plus a paper with all the datasheets on "combat patrol version" if they follow Leviathan patterns

You are all forgetting the important guy!

image.png.9916124d2bd227652d799d236e3e0e2b.png

Who is this? To me is a representation of a new Ruination unit.

In 3rd we had Yndrastra, yes, but the main picture for everything else was an Annihilator. In the second ed we had a Sequitor. This one has to be a Ruination dude.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Probably some Thunderstrike / Ruination Lord, but to me it looks like John Blanche initial Stormcast artworks - and this is GOOD ! 

82054759533d5c8e57cce7ac9702c091.jpeg.b813665df7e3013c02515e118711193c.jpeg

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In 3rd we had Yndrastra, yes, but the main picture for everything else was an Annihilator. In the second ed we had a Sequitor. This one has to be a Ruination dude.

The Fang has spoken!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I am looking for the source. I don't know if it is something old or new from 4th as a follow up of the leaks, but seems this is the indexes:

EDIT: It seems it is both Agents of the Imperium and indexes, that go out around the same time.

1.jpg.2e989e2096401d88829bb86c706aa3b0.jpg

2.jpg.1a16742f47cb68f86ebef11392e5ca81.jpg

3.jpg.bce1b027cb8e453aeb95a901e26e0275.jpg

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Index are coming...

IMG-20240315-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20240315-WA0014.jpg

Those almost look like pages pulled from the rulebook, like 'test prints' or something, with how thin and bendable those stacks are. Iirc the Indexes for 40k were mostly datasheets, but these seem more than that?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

Just now, GrimDork said:

Assuming the white cover core book is the boxed set exclusive cover?

Similar to the Yndrasta exclusive we got inside dominion?

Yeah. Or maybe there is another deluxe edition, like what happens with Battletomes that has 3 versions: the Army book one, Deluxe and Normal.

1 minute ago, GrimDork said:

Assuming the white cover core book is the boxed set exclusive cover?

Similar to the Yndrasta exclusive we got inside dominion?

Most probably !

Also, interesiting to see the lay-out of the non-special books seem to remain similar to the current AOS3 book design (with the red bandage) !

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Je cherche la source. Je ne sais pas si c'est quelque chose d'ancien ou de nouveau du 4ème suite aux fuites, mais il semble que ce soient les index :

Révéler le contenu caché

1.jpg.2e989e2096401d88829bb86c706aa3b0.jpg

2.jpg.1a16742f47cb68f86ebef11392e5ca81.jpg

3.jpg.bce1b027cb8e453aeb95a901e26e0275.jpg

We can see a Freeguild banner on one of that illustrations. I think that's 4rth edition.

• Like 1