The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

It looks like it's a Jes Goodwin sketch which is as official as warhammer concept art can get (unless it's a well doctored fake, I haven't seen this image before until now)

It doesnt, and it isnt.. wich you would see if you follow the link where the artist who made it also explains it.

Besides stormcast are john blanche's babies

edit: that first sentence sounded harsher than I mean it. But it really doesnt look like jes goodwins art to me personally.

Edited by TheMawr
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

the parchment rumor is extremely thick and maybe the big E means 40k, but I am explicitly reminded of these Stormcast and Azyrite concept arts... "living parchment" is mentioned, as well as possible-Ruination Chamber stormcast being wrapped in parchments

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xbegy

image.jpeg.0a9477dc8d694b9a8d8a3c837aa84391.jpeg

So the loo roll could be a Ruination Chamber weapon... interesting.

Just now, TheMawr said:

It doesnt, and it isnt.. wich you would see if you follow the link where the artist who made it also explains it.

Besides stormcast are john blanche's babies

Fair enough, like I said first time I had seen that image and Jes' sketchbooks were the first thing that popped into my head!

3 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Fair enough, like I said first time I had seen that image and Jes' sketchbooks were the first thing that popped into my head!

Also fair enough, didnt meant it as offensive as it sounded btw.

I also think when its your job you look at it different maybe. Not as in better or more skillful at seeing differences, just a different approach to looking at it.

edit : And I do think he tried to go for a Mark gibbons concept art in style, in order to get a better chance for the job ( usually not a smart move btw.)

Edited by TheMawr

Is anyone going to adepticon? I still haven't decided if I want to take the 7 1/2 hr drive yet. 

But if I do I'll grab some extra goodies for our forum fam here that would otherwise be unable to outside of jacked up ebay prices. 🤜🤛🖤

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Also fair enough, didnt meant it as offensive as it sounded btw.

I also think when its your job you look at it different maybe. Not as in better or more skillful at seeing differences, just a different approach to looking at it.

No worries, didn't see it as harsh or anything 😊 Completely understandable that it might be easier for you to see the differences if it's part of your job, the more I look at it the more I agree!

Edited by TheDayman

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Is any going to adepticon? I still haven't decided if I want to take the 7 1/2 hr drive yet. 

But if I do I grab some extra goodies for our forum fam here that would otherwise be unable to outside of jacked up ebay prices. 🤜🤛🖤

I am waiting to get confirmation of my Steel Rooks, but if I don't get them in the end I will keep my eye on the forum 👁️‍🗨️

How widespread do you guys think BoC squatting rumour is? I.e is it just confined to a few corners of the Internet or could it actually be spread enough to have an impact noticeable in GW sales figures... thus becoming eventually self fulfilling...

GW themselves must for sure have picked up on it, so its weird that they don't address it head on actually, maybe circumstantial evidence for it being true..  maybe just evidence of my own paranoia 😅

9 hours ago, Garrac said:

Because globadeers and weapon teams are not dual kit friendly

I will argue, there are no globadeers technically, there are skryre acolytes, essentially aprentice warlocks, you can give them pretty much any skryre weapons, give all of them warp powered helbards and pistols, or rifles, or handheld warpfire throwers, they could be turned into a multi kit with different loadouts similar to Kharadron thunderers

19 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

the parchment rumor is extremely thick and maybe the big E means 40k, but I am explicitly reminded of these Stormcast and Azyrite concept arts... "living parchment" is mentioned, as well as possible-Ruination Chamber stormcast being wrapped in parchments

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xbegy

image.jpeg.0a9477dc8d694b9a8d8a3c837aa84391.jpeg

Most excellent artwork, my only thing would be that Stormcast only have their elvish looking lettering and not English (assuming that it's a Capital E)

I really hope they use these concepts though, so rad looking and kinda looks like Kratos from God of war!

2 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

I will argue, there are no globadeers technically, there are skryre acolytes, essentially aprentice warlocks, you can give them pretty much any skryre weapons, give all of them warp powered helbards and pistols, or rifles, or handheld warpfire throwers, they could be turned into a multi kit with different loadouts similar to Kharadron thunderers

Please God no. We don’t need 5 models armed with 5 different weapons and each one has a different profile. The Thunderers are bad enough as is. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, woolf said:

How widespread do you guys think BoC squatting rumour is? I.e is it just confined to a few corners of the Internet or could it actually be spread enough to have an impact noticeable in GW sales figures... thus becoming eventually self fulfilling...

GW themselves must for sure have picked up on it, so its weird that they don't address it head on actually, maybe circumstantial evidence for it being true..  maybe just evidence of my own paranoia 😅

The rumour isnt about BoC getting squatted. Its about the old model range leaving AoS for ToW. Probably leading to a refresh, rework or renaming of the army in AoS but nobody knows (besides Whitefang?). Dont think GW is scared about rumours like this, only a really small percentage of hobbyists care to read up on this. In the end a rumour is still a rumour. Im still waiting for duardin soup, kurnothi, silent people, chorfs, the squatting of bonesplitterz and spiderfang, skaven refresh has rumoured many times before. None of these things have happened (yet).

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Most excellent artwork, my only thing would be that Stormcast only have their elvish looking lettering and not English (assuming that it's a Capital E)

yeah i know the giant E probably means this is 40k something :( i can't find any Stormcast or even COS parchments that are letters not runes

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah i know the giant E probably means this is 40k something :( i can't find any Stormcast or even COS parchments that are letters not runes

Maybe it is an E from Excelsis or Excelsior. Copium.

9 hours ago, TheDayman said:

It looks like it's a Jes Goodwin sketch which is as official as warhammer concept art can get (unless it's a well doctored fake, I haven't seen this image before until now)

Max FitzGerald? Is he the dude behind Turnip28? Btw, awesome game and really fun to play.

Edit: Yes!! It's the same dude! Awesome btw, I love their Ruination Chamber art and the world behind Turnip28 is just awesome.

Edited by Beliman

I was looking back at the Hachette collectables and thinking about how the Mortal Realms first issue sprues were made specifically for the issue, but from there I noticed a pattern. Imperium, Stormbringer, and now Combat Patrol have their issue 1 directly prepared from the launch box. Coincidence? I doubt it. Now GW prepares the launch boxes with the issues in mind, IMO.

Since Imperium, we have a sprue where two heroes from opposing factions come on a single sprue that is very easy to separate.

1.jpg.d43c5f79d6bbf9d5cbdced81afe7c7b6.jpg

2.jpg.f13dc6010654210a9dc2d2d80841ff5f.jpg3.jpg.65038688225de2d423d2bfa3a51e70a9.jpg

4.jpg.e05fe153eae946ae493deb9fe2297c88.jpg

So I believe that as soon as we see the 4th edition AoS sprues, we'll know if we have a new collectable or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

This is whitefangs perfect chance to save the forum by telling us if beasts are getting removed or reimagined... do it for the forum

he just reacted to the removed part, so the “reimagined” is pure copium.

Edited by Ragest
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Slightly behind - is the case of ‘Sigmar tells Porky Pies’ more of a reference to ‘oh yeah there is definitely a cure for you slowly becoming an automaton!’ (like there is an entire chamber dedicated to finding a cure and Ionus is out here trying to find one too) and not the entire point of the memory loss is to slowly replace the humanity in a Stormcast with the perfect warrior for a God King - unemotional with lifetimes of experience at war? Truly there is no hope of a cure because reforging is designed to take something away that’s unnecessary 

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Is anyone going to adepticon? I still haven't decided if I want to take the 7 1/2 hr drive yet. 

But if I do I'll grab some extra goodies for our forum fam here that would otherwise be unable to outside of jacked up ebay prices. 🤜🤛🖤

If you do go, added me to the more than likely list of people 😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RollSixxess said:

Slightly behind - is the case of ‘Sigmar tells Porky Pies’ more of a reference to ‘oh yeah there is definitely a cure for you slowly becoming an automaton!’ (like there is an entire chamber dedicated to finding a cure and Ionus is out here trying to find one too) and not the entire point of the memory loss is to slowly replace the humanity in a Stormcast with the perfect warrior for a God King - unemotional with lifetimes of experience at war? Truly there is no hope of a cure because reforging is designed to take something away that’s unnecessary 

the pillar of Stormcasts' creation is that they retain their humanity and as many memories as possible. i think it's likelier that the Flaw is not as natural as let on--that purposeful memory removal can be done. Sigmar is not the Emperor, and from all of his characterization since 1e he would not want to create mindless automatons.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Garrac said:

Possibly the horned-rat demon thing, however big it ends up being. While the regular wave would have a lovecraftian behemoth (but now I may be just wishlisting)

"The horned-rat demon thing", going by Screamer-Killer vs. Norn Emissary, might not be released in the launch box but introduced separately (like, all head honchos of 40k E8--E10 non-SM factions).

10 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

"The horned-rat demon thing", going by Screamer-Killer vs. Norn Emissary, might not be released in the launch box but introduced separately (like, all head honchos of 40k E8--E10 non-SM factions).

We dont know how much big is the avatar-thing. I presume there'll be a behemoth Moulder Monster on the regular release, while this thing goes to the starter box. My reasoning? Would be weird to have a demon bigger than Verminlords, and the evil factions on starter boxes love using mid-to-big monsters like the screamer killer. While its very easy to lean on the Frankenstein rats doing big bazinga godzillas.

Alltho, granted, that works both ways.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2