The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Something is true about him, he is always bringing up rumours that I hadn't heard before xD

Gonna bet on either a blood angels/imperial agents RE, or a warcry RE

Or another cape

Edited by Garrac

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Tzeentch already got the jade obelisk warband. Dont think they will get another soon.

I think the options besides Ossiarch Bonereapers are:

Slaanesh 

Skaven

Gloomspite Gitz

Sylvaneth

Idoneth Deepkin 

Edit: and Kharadron Overlords 

(Did i forget any?)

Considering 3 of these are Order and it would be surprising to see Order vs Order plus we have had a theme of filling in non Chaos it feels like it would be Sylv, KO or IDK.

I feel from the rest since we have had IDK vs Slaanesh in UW those won't be together.

Skaven vs Gitz would be brilliant especially with both rising from underground atm.

KO vs Slaanesh would be interesting. Profit and Pleasure.

However I think the only RE that could match is either IDK because of the aquatic tail and possible splash OR the reason it was a mystery is because it is Skaven. They didn't want to show that it was actually Chaos ahead of 4th and the Skaven are the first new models ahead of launch a d that is what all the poison themed RE are about. The OBR skele cat is a ratcatcher. There are titanic skeletons in Ghur which would be a valuable resource for OBR. Perhaps it's acids as well being used to melt down the bone for some devious new scheme going in to 4th and OBR are also after the resource because what could be shaped from titanic bone?

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

For all of them a new warcry band would be just a new unit. Please, gee dubs, put the ninja monkeys out of their misery, and release a new Eshin kit to help the marketing for the 4th refresh.

About that, i was thinking, maybe while the focus is on Skryre and possibly Moulder, Plague monks and runners will be updated through mixed warcry units rather than their own ones? e.g. a unit of 4 monks and 1 censer bearer, or 3 night runners and 2 gutter runners?

I thought about "Sigmar lie".

What if, it's only a angry and disappointed azyrite/crusader about the narrative propaganda from the 3th edition ?
"The evil is uncivilized and outer the doors, we must expand the civilisation, it's wll cost thousands of souls but we must do it because the civilization is the wall between the Order and the Chaos/Destruction."

Yes, of course, when you etablish a new city and exterminates Ogor, Orruk of the place. But once, you have etablished walls, you have houses, roads..and sewers.
Skaven are civilization, and the counter example to the Crusader Propaganda. They live as pariah (sewers) from the cities. They are our black mirror. The cult of individuality, the betraying constant, hypocrisy. it's civilisation deviating.
So the Azyrites learn that propaganda's false. They have only replace a threat (Savagers, Orruks ....) by another one. The civilisation is the ruin, and it's the Hour of the Ruin.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I think they will do an easier move : exit gutter runner and censer bearer ; create 1 warcry unit for night runners and 1 for plague monks 

How long do we usually wait to get a warcry band for the same faction? Years?

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

it hasn't happened yet at all aside from S2D which doesn't really count, they're going to have to start repeating them soon enough though

4 minutes ago, Luperci said:

it hasn't happened yet at all aside from S2D which doesn't really count, they're going to have to start repeating them soon enough though

Yea I think a Slaanesh alignment is the only chaos faction not yet done, and then there’s some order a single or couple of destruction left (I can only think of Gloomspite so far and now with ossiarchs I think that’s death finished 

although I feel there was a whitefang rumour about Morai-Heg warband but that may have been misinterpreted from the Krethusa release

Edited by Deakz28

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

yeah I don't expect them to release both teams back to back... Maybe eshin will be put aside for a while as it is the clan with the less represented units for now. 

I could see clans refresh as COS races or lumineths temples. One or two at a time and slowly building up through years. 

Skavens is a big army with a lots of warscroll, i don't expect GW to refresh everything in one shot. 

Edited by Vagard

1 hour ago, Gutsu17 said:

About that, i was thinking, maybe while the focus is on Skryre and possibly Moulder, Plague monks and runners will be updated through mixed warcry units rather than their own ones? e.g. a unit of 4 monks and 1 censer bearer, or 3 night runners and 2 gutter runners?

That's already what the Underworlds warbands do. I guess they could do it again, but it would be quite weird since the designers, that most probably have already worked on the kits and dont have comunication with the UW studio since it's separated, would have a hard time doing the same thign but on another direction.

A plain update for the basic unit seems like an easier management decission to keep things simple.

I can definitely see an update for basic Eshin ninja rats coming via a warcry squad, seems like the perfect venue for that sort of light skirmish unit, really.  And personally I don't think you necessarily need all the clans to be equally represented, the sneaky assassin clan with a hero, monster, and skirmish unit feels reasonable for that sort of theme.  I guess maybe you could re-flavour jezzails into a skyre/eshin cross-clan sniper thing, or something.

Plague Monks, on the other hand, don't feel like a good fit for warcry.  Warcry squads tend to be 8-12 ish models and they have to fit entirely on two standard sized sprues, whereas plague monks have historically been more of a horde unit (though I guess, again, they could just reflavour them into something more elite.)  More likely they'll look at things like pestilens as part of new release waves in later editions, prime candidates for a supplement as part of a future broken realms/dawnbringers style series, for example.

Im gonna throw my speculation on the starter box contents, feel free to speculate.

We already know that, acording to Whitefang, there's (probably) going to be a grey seer and a clawlord

Leviathan had:

-31 baseline minis (20 terms, 11 neuros, + 3 swarms)

-2 big monsters

-2 HQs

-2 spetial units (3 von ryans, 4 barbgaunts)

I think it's fair to asume that skavens will have quite a similar content since they're a horde army as well, so, my fair predictions:

-Grey Seer + Clawlord (already commented by Whitefang)

-20 clanrats

-10 stormvermins on 28,5mm bases

-The machine that got leaked

-2-4 Rat Ogres

-Master Moulder

-3-6 jezzails*

-The weird rumoured Avatar of the Great Horned Rat

This is almost all specualtion, tho. My real wishlist would be an Eshin+Pestilens box, with new plague censers, gutter runners and new stuff, but it seems like GW hates me. Also, I doubt we're getting all the contents of the starter box. Knowing GW, it's going to be just a few clanrats being teased.

* why not other Skyrre kits, you may ask? Because globadeers and weapon teams are not dual kit friendly. I mean, there's an open possibility for globadeers to be featured here, but I can see GW prefering to make them a dual kit, with a unit using poison globes, and another option for other crazy diferent weapons. Also, you want to field a lot of weapon teams and globadeers on your skyrre armies, while 3-6 jezzails seem like enough given that conceptually doesnt lean to much into modularity. What you gonna do, put the shields on the other side?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Skaven vs Gitz would be brilliant especially with both rising from underground atm.

I would buy 2 boxes without knowing the contents if they do Skaven vs Gitz XD.

Spiderfang vs Eshin box, yes please! I think it would be even nicer if its a 4th edition Ulgu theme box!

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Im gonna throw my speculation on the starter box contents, feel free to speculate.

We already know that, acording to Whitefang, there's (probably) going to be a grey seer and a clawlord

Leviathan had:

-31 baseline minis (20 terms, 11 neuros, + 3 swarms)

-2 big monsters

-2 HQs

-2 spetial units (3 von ryans, 4 barbgaunts)

I think it's fair to asume that skavens will have quite a similar content since they're a horde army as well, so, my fair predictions:

-Grey Seer + Clawlord (already commented by Whitefang)

-20 clanrats

-10 stormvermins on 28,5mm bases

-The machine that got leaked

-2-4 Rat Ogres

-Master Moulder

-3-6 jezzails*

-The weird rumoured Avatar of the Great Horned Rat

This is almost all specualtion, tho. My real wishlist would be an Eshin+Pestilens box, with new plague censers, gutter runners and new stuff, but it seems like GW hates me. Also, I doubt we're getting all the contents of the starter box. Knowing GW, it's going to be just a few clanrats being teased.

* why not other Skyrre kits, you may ask? Because globadeers and weapon teams are not dual kit friendly. I mean, there's an open possibility for globadeers to be featured here, but I can see GW prefering to make them a dual kit, with a unit using poison globes, and another option for other crazy diferent weapons. Also, you want to field a lot of weapon teams and globadeers on your skyrre armies, while 3-6 jezzails seem like enough given that conceptually doesnt lean to much into modularity. What you gonna do, put the shields on the other side?

Seems very feasible. I would put something else new in the box. Something unexpected apart from the leaked weapon.

14 hours ago, PJetski said:

On a recent Loremasters episode about the Gnarlwood they mentioned Sylvaneth and OBR in those woods, and we still haven't seen anything for Sylvaneth for Warcry.

Liked by the big Fang. Kurnothi intensifies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I’m going to go dark now, it’s been a good run. I will leave you with one final tease:

Abraxia, Spear of the Everchosen will be making her entrance very very shortly. 

Also the little Fang getting some credit from the big one.

15 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

More like being made into dogs

Ohhhh that's cool and opens a ton of design possibilities for OBR. Why try to train soldiers into perfect hunters if you can just mold them into fully obedient apex predators?

Now let's see if some of those animals have anything as amazing as the Gotizzar Harvester crotch face!

image.png.4abac79fc92961ca2e4102aabc84ab4b.png

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Liked by the big Fang. Kurnothi intensifies.

I think Kurnothi might still not be exactly what this forum thinks they are. They could also be 'normal' Sylvaneth that follow Kurnoth, like the Kurnoth hunters and Belthanos.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

I think Kurnothi might still not be exactly what this forum thinks they are. They could also be 'normal' Sylvaneth that follow Kurnoth, like the Kurnoth hunters and Belthanos.

Or the (probably) human Kin of the Stag.

• Like 1

Gotta explain a bit more my reasoning behind jezzails  being on the starter box

A CASE FOR STARTER BOX JEZZAILS

imagen.png.6fc5aeb3c23facdd780bc7afc95efa22.png

INITIAL ASUMPTIONS

So, Im not gonna use the current kits because... well, a change from metal/resin to plastic brings a lot of changes as well for a sprue. Im looking into this at a conceptual level.

Also, we're beginning this with the principle in mind of jezzaisl getting a refresh. Still could not happen. Gonna asume it will happen because then what's the fun of this lol

Ah, and also, Im asumign from the beginning that a refresh would mean jezzails getting a plastic kit by definition. Kinda doubt it's not gonna happen, tho, as GW nowadays hates anything than plastic for their main systems. And this is an AoS army...

And, btw, its heavily implicated that GW will avoid any possible multi-use of this unit for The Old World. How? Who knows. My concept is going to be based on the current kit, but GW could allways add some shenanigans to avoid a TOW use, like putting three rats intead of 2 for the crews, more fussiles per base... who knows.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ON A STARTER BOX?

Well, what are some properties that all starter box kits tend to share? Well, basing this piece on the Leviathan kit, we can say that starter box kits tend to be:

1) Monopose-ish (the von ryans have some variance via altering the angles of the members)

2) Can have their own bases

3) Push to fit

4) Few pieces per model (alltho this is changing as of late)

5) Easy to build (in theory)

WHAT COULD THE CHARACTERITICS OF A JEZZAIL KIT BE?

Well, let's see what we have on a basic level:

A) Two rats handling each rifle (one with the weapon, another for the shield)

B) Three of the four available hands are ocupied handling the weapon and shield

C) Limited size of unit

D) There has never been a hero modelled to lead this unit on a conceptual level

I can continue, but there's a whole main idea: THE JEZZAILS ARE DANGEROUS AND VERY HEAVY (let's call it (E)). The whole concept of this unit must translate to the player that this is big ******, this is something that can shoot down monsters, artillery or havy infantry, so it needs to be represented like that.

CRAZY REASONING-THING

Thing is, this isn't a model that allows for a lot of modularity. Thanks to E) the only way we can get this being multimodular is by changing the weapon. But that cannot happen. Why? Because current GW kits allways fuse the weapon handler with its weapon, or part of it.

You can change the end term of the weapon, but there's a reason why GW will struggle to do this with jezzails: because of the shield. To keep the idea of jezzails being heavy, it must be still suported by the shield. And the shield (or part of it) will also come fused with its handler...

Also, if you make this into a regular kit instead of a starter box kit, how do you modelate it? Because of B) there's not a lot of room to operate with this particular kit. What, you gonna make the 4th arm handle diferent types of knives?

Yes, OF COURSE, Games Workshop could radically change the concept of jezzails to make them fit better with their current ideas for miniature modelling. Please, READ THIS carefully before furiously typing why I'm wrong and your wishlist is correct: this is just speculation, speculation that comes after a lot of reasoning, investigating, comparing, and analysing, but speculation nonetheless.

GW could change jezzails, or not refresh them at all... but, why bother? If you want a non-monster spetial unit for a skaven starter box... jezzails are perfect!!! You put a unit of 3, 6 rats in total, and now you just have 6 more rats on the puddle. And a kit that, as we've seen, has been born to make it into a starter box kit. You're already spending a lot of ressources into doing modular kits for other units for a very big wave. So, why not put on the box a unit that has allways been meant to field on little units either way?

So, that's why I think that, besides infantry, monsters, and characters, there's going to be jezzails on the starter box.

My reasoning is perfect, I can't fai-*BOOOOOOOM*

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2