The Rumour Thread

Good teaser!

I think "Sigmar lied" isnt referring to one thing, its a pretty bold statement from GW. I think its the general consensus about him next edition. Its like with social media. One thing happens and the floodgates open and people try take advantage of it or cancel almost everything. I think like most theories here, the mortal realms will unveil an bunch of lies (true or false) about Sigmar.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Very excited to see the full cg trailer at Adepticon. Don't expect to see more than a couple of minis from each faction but the trailer will probably give hints about the rest. 

As for the lie, my feeling is that he lied about the possibility of a cure. He knew the search of the sacrosanct chamber would yield nothing.The flaw is inherent to the process and he lied about it  in order to give the Stormcast hope that a cure could be found. Also turning into a lightning gheist is a matter of when and not if. Also I don't think we're going to see Stormcast turn to chaos. What if a bunch of them try to give up the fight and return to their old lives only to be treated like monsters by their old families? This could make them to to Nagash to preserve their souls and we finally get Deathcast Eternals.

We always forget that there's already one "Stormcast turned to Chaos", Eternus.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We always forget that there's already one "Stormcast turned to Chaos", Eternus.

I didn't know that Eternus was a SCE dude. I always thought he was just a misunderstood Varanguard that was forged by Be'lakor (after reading the "Reforge for Dummies" - Grungni).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I think that Sigmar lied has to do with collaborating with greenskins. What if Sigmar creates orruk stormcast (since they do not have souls, because they are angry fungus) to fight the skavens?

Besides: ruination = ruins = destruction.

You deny it because you are afraid of  the truth.

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I didn't know that Eternus was a SCE dude. I always thought he was just a misunderstood Varanguard that was forged by Be'lakor (after reading the "Reforge for Dummies" - Grungni).

Well, Stormcasts are just souls forged by the Azyr/ lighting powers. He is a Varanguard whose soul is forged by those same powers. He is a chaos stormcast.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think with the 3rd ed battletome CoS has established some cities that won't be touched as it would be a pain in the ass if you have an army painted following one of those cities' schema and they are destroyed in the lore. In the worst case it would be something like Cadia, which was destroyed but they make an excuse to keep it present.

I mean the most interesting city of them all that started existing with the fall of Anvilguard, would be the city only consisting of old dark elves. Sad to see it didn’t make the transition 

5 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Tbh wouldn't be his first lie. I mean Soul Wars era was essentially Sigmar lied after the Necroquake unveiled all his Stormvaults.

I mean we all know sigmar is just a mortal who’s haunted ghost possessed karl’s body.

so my guess is sigmar died a ling time ago and in fact those stormcast where made with a flaw ordered by two skaven pretending to be the deceased sigmar

5 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Very much looking forward to the new edition and seeing all the new skaven/stormcast goodies! Not going to lie though, I am a bit worried with how the lore is going, feels a little like they are just trying to make AoS a reskinned 40k. Might just be me missing the kind of hopeful feeling of earlier editions though. I thought Be'lakor messing with the reforging process kind of sucked at the time (actually happy with how it turned out in the long run though) as it messed with the Stormcast's thing that made them unique, so I'm really hoping they don't completely mess it up and that Sigmar's 'lie' is just about skaven being in Azyr or something.

I doubt we’ll see stormcast being tainted.

after all they don’t really have a soul at some point and are more automatons then human. And a person unable to think is hard to corrupt.

also slaves exist.

And i doubt they’ll be an only old world army😂

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

i just hope they don't 100% repeat the Horus Heresy... If some Stormcast do start to reject Sigmar, I hope they at least don't waver on their heroic properties and still ally with Order to keep each other safe.

even if Stormcast turn to Death/Nagash instead of Chaos, it'd still be too similar imho

5 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Absolutely, that's the last thing AoS needs! I'm kind of apprehensive about letting Chaos into Azyr as well, I think it would be fine if it was just the Skaven, but if the realm goes into complete open warfare I'm a bit afraid they'll kind of write themselves into the whole 'inevitable chaos victory' box. However I have infinitely more faith in the writing team for AoS than the other systems, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with!

We all know, sigmar died a long time ago.

clearly the lie is that he isn’t who he says he is.

clearly its two skaven in a trench coat pretending to be sigmar😂

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Was'nt already said that skaven have gnawholes to Azyr?

I think the lie is that Azyr is freed from chaos.

Nah it’s two skaven in a trench coat

9 hours ago, Tonhel said:

The weapon teams are very old and not in plastic. It's a shame that the plastic warpfire thrower from IoB never was released seperatly.

Maybe there will be 1 plastic set for all the weapon teams or maybe the weapon teams are removed for streamlining reasons. I suspect that the new jezzail kit wil have two weapon options, the long range option they have now and then some ratling gunlike thing for short range and huge amount of shots. In the same way as various shooting units have a long and short range option.

I doubt the weapon teams will be removed.

they are too iconic to even get such a suggestion.

even stormfiends are more easily thrown away then weapon teams

10 hours ago, Garrac said:

NEW RUMOURS

IMG-20240310-WA0047.jpg

Uff, from the few hundreds I have seen so far, this one seems likelier, yet I’m ver certain this is more of a wishlist like the others.

officially I don’t believe any of them where made by any persons who officially knows what is coming.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I think that Sigmar lied has to do with collaborating with greenskins. What if Sigmar creates orruk stormcast (since they do not have souls, because they are angry fungus) to fight the skavens?

Besides: ruination = ruins = destruction.

You deny it because you are afraid of  the truth.

An army of AoSified Ghazghkull like power armour orruks u say? The mortal realms are not ready for this kind of power.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Well, Stormcasts are just souls forged by the Azyr/ lighting powers. He is a Varanguard whose soul is forged by those same powers. He is a chaos stormcast.

Yeah but the lore implications are not remotely the same. We've yet to see a Stormcast switch factions from order. That is a lever that GW has resisted pulling so far. Eternus was a chaos worshipper the whole time. He just switched from supporting Archon to Belakor. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah but the lore implications are not remotely the same. We've yet to see a Stormcast switch factions from order. That is a lever that GW has resisted pulling so far. Eternus was a chaos worshipper the whole time. He just switched from supporting Archon to Belakor. 

Also, I cannot remember now the source, so it could be something plotted in my mind, but I am quite sure that Nagash stole Stormcast souls to use them somewhere else. So we also have Death Stormcasts.

I agree, I doubt GW would cross the line of having actual Stormcast switching their GA, but for me that doesn't make it less Stormcasts turning into another GA.

If a new Space Marine is created from scratch directly under the ruinous Chaos powers would it be less Chaos Space Marine? I don't think so. Eternus is the same scenario to me.

EDIT: Also the name. It cannot be more obvious. Eternus. What else do we need to see on its name, Stormcust Eternus?

Edited by Ejecutor

It would be funny if the trailer isn't referring to any lie in particular, and instead someone is using it as propaganda, creating a rallying cry against Sigmar for their own ends. 

Obviously that can't be the Skaven, or it would have said "Sigmar Lied-lied"...

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, I cannot remember now the source, so it could be something plotted in my mind, but I am quite sure that Nagash stole Stormcast souls to use them somewhere else. So we also have Death Stormcasts.

Yes, it also came from Malign Portents (there are notably SCE Souls stolen by Nagash himself in RGW era novels, it was the main goal of Nighthaunt Spirit Torments during the Souls Wars. And Archaon had Varanite War Altars attracting SCR souls in Wrath of the Everchosen, and of course the Cursed Skies since BR : Be'lakor).

BTW Etenus wasn't "reforged" (which is a techno-magical process invented by Sigmar and Grungni requiring the machineries of the Sigmarabulum, mostly the Anvil of Apotheosis). The rituals used by Be'lakor must be one-of-a-kind sort of, or we would have a full army of Eternuses already ...

The current statu quo is that Azyr was never breached, there only was Chaos Cultists coming in with the Age of Chaos refugees before the gates of Azyr were closed (those were then destroyed by Sigmar himself and the established Order of Azyr and the newly founded Stormhosts, alongside some corrupted beasts that lived in Azyr since the Age of Myth). We know Eshin have Gnawholes in Azyr still. 

Regarding Ulgu, it has never been completely conquered (there were still Malerion's dominions and Morathi's temples resisting), but was severely occupied and faced almost complete collapse prevented only by the constant guerrilla warfare by Malerion and Morathi, notably the "Cathtrar Dhule" 

• Like 3

Ok, so, things told by Whitefang on the new skavens:

-They are coming

-Clawlord and grey seer on the starter box (probably)

-*loveyes* reaction to a weapon teams question

-*love* reactions on the SG Warhound rumour posts (or also possibly a reaction to a mod's edit of the og post)

-*sad* reaction about Pestilens and Eshin getting new kits

-We were missinterpreting Whitefang 2.0 about the Great Horned Rat mini

Edited by Garrac

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

-*love* reactions on the SG Warhound rumour posts if I don't missremember

I might be remembering the wrong thing, but wasn't this Whitefang react possibly in response to a Mod's edit of the Warhound post due to unacceptable language?

Just now, EntMan said:

I might be remembering the wrong thing, but wasn't this Whitefang react possibly in response to a Mod's edit of the Warhound post due to unacceptable language?

Oh, good point! Edited

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

He is. He's a Varanguard who rejected Archaon, and his soul was combined with those of SCE trapped in the cursed skies into Eternus by Be'lakor. He's not a fallen Stormcast at all, he's Be'lakors attempt at making a Stormcast-like being. Just like Ossiarch are Nagash's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

If they're planning to reveal 4th Edition at Adepticon in 9 days, we should get a Dawnbringers 6 reveal this week, right?

I think in Adepticon as well. I don't expect a full 4th ed reveal. All follow the same pattern as with Leviathan, and in Adepticon we got a trailer and 2 minis revealed, and the latest book was announced along with its minis, outside of the new ed.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I agree, I doubt GW would cross the line of having actual Stormcast switching their GA, but for me that doesn't make it less Stormcasts turning into another GA.

If a new Space Marine is created from scratch directly under the ruinous Chaos powers would it be less Chaos Space Marine? I don't think so. Eternus is the same scenario to me.

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. Is Eternus functionally a Stormcast in the way he was made and what he does? Yes. Is it possible for Nagash and even the Skaven to make their own versions of Stormcast. Yes. OBR are kind of that already.

To me those aren't particularly interesting questions though. 

For me, the interesting questions are:

Is it possible for a Stormcast to willfully turn against Sigmar in the that Archon did and what would happen to them if they tried?

How much free will do the Stormcast actually have? 

What is the nature of the flaw? Was it deliberately engineered? Can it be reversed? What would happen to knights Excelsior if they suddenly got all their memories back?

How benevolent is Sigmar? 

Can Stormcast actually die? 

I'm sure there are more.

The question of whether another power can copy the process of making a Stormcast isn't interesting to me simply because the answer is clearly yes. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It’s a shame rumourmongers are pointing out to no new Eshin/Pestilens minis. New night runners would make a great Warcry band, and the new deathmaster and Underworlds plague monks band were giving me hope for new sculpts. 

I really hoped for new plague monks, the kit is now 21 years old.

Hell, people are complaining about clanrats and stormvermins getting updates, but when you think about it, they're 14 years old. I'd have prefered other units to get updates, but those are also old enough to deserve a refresh.