The Rumour Thread

If I remember correctly skaven did skaveny things to hamlicar bear-eater trying to unlock the secrets to stormcast so much that other stormcast felt disgusted by him. But did they learn secrets?

In some of the older lore it states malerion helped him craft that training arena and knows a dirty secret about the stormcast.

definitely seemed skaveny though as much as I want the malerion hype train running.

Either way loved the trailer can't wait to see what it leads to.

With the fall of anvilguard we do know they are willing to kill off a city, albeit a minorish one.

• Like 1

Tbh Ionus was very "Vandus, cmon man, you gotta give up on making Khul your agenda..." and knows how he can't take too many more reforges and that the Ruination chamber would be a thing as it is part of his mission. Imagine his dissapointment at seeing his old friend pop up to join the chamber. Khul did want Vandus as his school for Daemon Princedom as well so it is a good chance.

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

I know the consensus has usually been against Sigmar getting a Model, but what If he came out to play this edition to redeem himself. Reverting a little back into Sigmar the Barbarian at the head of the Ruination Chamber.

A man can dream.

whilst it'd be awesome to see him looking like godfrey/hoarah loux from elden ring, it's probably for the best he stays sitting on his chair. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting some action in the lore if azyr does come under attack though

ER_Godfrey.webp.4e64698a2f8a6bc7b170f2c963684905.webp

Realistically "sigmar lied" could just mean that he lied about the dawnbringer crusades, assuming one of them is actually going to completely fail and all the people killed. But I do enjoy all the theories people are throwing out

• Like 1

Sigmar lied about where humans come from. Humanity went extinct after the end times and Sigmar figured out how to transfigure Skaven into humans. That's why Ghouls are hunched over and grow so much fur, they are returning to R.A.T.

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1

Very much looking forward to the new edition and seeing all the new skaven/stormcast goodies! Not going to lie though, I am a bit worried with how the lore is going, feels a little like they are just trying to make AoS a reskinned 40k. Might just be me missing the kind of hopeful feeling of earlier editions though. I thought Be'lakor messing with the reforging process kind of sucked at the time (actually happy with how it turned out in the long run though) as it messed with the Stormcast's thing that made them unique, so I'm really hoping they don't completely mess it up and that Sigmar's 'lie' is just about skaven being in Azyr or something.

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, PinchPainting said:

I really hope that the lie they are referring to is this and its starting to come out . not saying i want stormcast civil war heresy stile but a splinter within them who are loosing faith in sigmar would be interesting, which could be mirrored within the cities with the failure of the dawnbringers 

i just hope they don't 100% repeat the Horus Heresy... If some Stormcast do start to reject Sigmar, I hope they at least don't waver on their heroic properties and still ally with Order to keep each other safe.

even if Stormcast turn to Death/Nagash instead of Chaos, it'd still be too similar imho

• Like 9

The lie could also be in reference to whatever this unknown city is under the ground that was uncovered. The Aqshy Crusade may have made it's way there believing to set up a new bastion but Sigmar had other plans concerning it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i just hope they don't 100% repeat the Horus Heresy... If some Stormcast do start to reject Sigmar, I hope they at least don't waver on their heroic properties and still ally with Order to keep each other safe.

even if Stormcast turn to Death/Nagash instead of Chaos, it'd still be too similar imho

Absolutely, that's the last thing AoS needs! I'm kind of apprehensive about letting Chaos into Azyr as well, I think it would be fine if it was just the Skaven, but if the realm goes into complete open warfare I'm a bit afraid they'll kind of write themselves into the whole 'inevitable chaos victory' box. However I have infinitely more faith in the writing team for AoS than the other systems, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with!

I have a feeling that the Ruination Chamber will lead to the Covenant Chamber.

Did Sigmar lie about Azyr being secure, or even lied about the extent of issues with reforging? The Covenant Chamber might be a way of patching broken trust/promises.

I personally hope Sigmar "lied" about Azyr being secure. That sounds more interesting to me.

Edited by ERHanmer
My phone is dumb and the keyboard does whatever it wants with spelling and grammar.
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

"SIGMAR LIED"

My guess is that the lie is about the alleged "flaw" in the reforging process. We've known since Malign Portents in 2018 that the Stormcast have been lied to about why they lose their memories. For reference check out the Malign Portents story "The Price of Apotheosis"
So we are most likely getting the Ruination Chamber at last. Bring on the lightning gheists!

after reading that short story, i firmly believe the lie is that the Reforging Flaws are not necessarily a natural effect of the process, but sometimes a form of control. which adds a seriously interesting dimension to the search for a cure... is there supposed to be one? or is there a truer cure the Stormcast don't know they're actually after?

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

45 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

I personally hope Sigmar "lied" about Azyr being secure. That sounds more interesting to me.

if Ulgu is the only other realm that hasnt been touched by Chaos, then it would be cool to see Ulgu when Azyr gets breached, maybe a nice light-darkness mirror because they're both the only realms that never got taken by Chaos??

Malerion could save Sigmar's realm and be owed the largest favor of all time...

• LOVE IT! 3

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

if Ulgu is the only other realm that hasnt been touched by Chaos, then it would be cool to see Ulgu when Azyr gets breached, maybe a nice light-darkness mirror because they're both the only realms that never got taken by Chaos??

Malerion could save Sigmar's realm and be owed the largest favor of all time...

Ulgu has definitely been touched by chaos, slaanesh and eshin skaven have been running around there in large numbers for ages now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

„Even the Sky may cast a shadow“

- Alliance? :D

Very excited to see the full cg trailer at Adepticon. Don't expect to see more than a couple of minis from each faction but the trailer will probably give hints about the rest. 

As for the lie, my feeling is that he lied about the possibility of a cure. He knew the search of the sacrosanct chamber would yield nothing.The flaw is inherent to the process and he lied about it  in order to give the Stormcast hope that a cure could be found. Also turning into a lightning gheist is a matter of when and not if. Also I don't think we're going to see Stormcast turn to chaos. What if a bunch of them try to give up the fight and return to their old lives only to be treated like monsters by their old families? This could make them to to Nagash to preserve their souls and we finally get Deathcast Eternals.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Garrac said:

Ok, now Im kinda worried. Didnt want to annoy him, but now I have to know, whats going on with the weapon teams @Whitefang? Are they all 4 getting an update, just some, or they all are going to get cutted? Pretty please-please?

Well, Im gonna interpret this like all 4, lol (thanks for answering btw!)

Edited by Garrac

6 hours ago, Danaork said:

Who is ready to this ?

I think with the 3rd ed battletome CoS has established some cities that won't be touched as it would be a pain in the ass if you have an army painted following one of those cities' schema and they are destroyed in the lore. In the worst case it would be something like Cadia, which was destroyed but they make an excuse to keep it present.