The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, MitGas said:

What‘s the in-lore explanation? Female Sephiroth got an army of simps or something?

Least she got two wings so she doesn‘t have to fly in circles. 

image.png.7655bb8042b11a9b06eb0a5777b3f700.png

Morathi despises any males, she pretty much makes any males born to them weakened, stupid, they are often uses as sacrifices, their blood is drained for their riturals etc. Warlocks however are naturally born as warlocks and this means her magic has no power over them so she hates them most of all since she can not control them as much as the others.

Krethusa offers them a way to get away from Morathi who despises them and treates them horribly.  It is also why her abilities can work on Shadowstalkers and Shadeborn as they also have some male models that are warlocks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MitGas said:

What‘s the in-lore explanation? Female Sephiroth got an army of simps or something?

Least she got two wings so she doesn‘t have to fly in circles. 

Thanks, now i need to cut off one wing.

• Haha 1

Oh look a 4chan rumor.

More than likely someone making guesses based on the current rumors going around. Would be amazing if they got anything new correct. 

Sorry if someone has already posted this 

20240306_142941.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

Oh look a 4chan rumor.

More than likely someone making guesses based on the current rumors going around. Would be amazing if they got anything new correct. 

20240306_142941.jpg

Just cause of his avatar it deserves some love, but it is true. Put together all the TGA rumours and you got that.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 8

"two cities will rise, but one will fall before the end"

and that shadow over the city reference from vol2

Are we wondering if neither of the crusades will fail, but it's actually the city of Phoenicium that will fall?

Taking with it the last remains of the old High Elf range, which will all return in TOW.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

22 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Oh look a 4chan rumor.

20240306_142941.jpg

It's a mix of whitefang, whitefang back me up, some bonesplitterz copium and some tga copium with an extra of iamgination.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Oh look a 4chan rumor.

20240306_142941.jpg

Feels like speculation based on rumours and other speculation.

Hope the FS part is true, hope the BoC and CoS parts are not true.

It's high time that they get rid of all remaining resin, and updates for basic troops would be amazing. Ardboyz, Steelhelms, Saurus Warriors, Deathrattle, etc. have had amazing refreshes. Kits like Dryads, Skinks, Witch Aelves, Gutbusters, Git Stabbaz/Shootaz deserve the same.

• Like 3

If that’s meant to be a mostly comprehensive list of what’s coming until 2027, I’m gonna say “Doubt” and by doubt I mean “I’m calling BS”. That would leave the Morghast unsolved for 4 years, and for an edition presumably based on an alliance of Death and Order, there’s basically nothing on the “Death” side of it, as well as only making safe bets/wishlisting on the Order bits and the Ogors. 

27 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Oh look a 4chan rumor.

20240306_142941.jpg

It seems credible to me, the dragon ogors and the chimera are once again part of the warriors of chaos. Will Malerion be that hero? Will Tyrion arrive with the new Lumineth?

• Like 1

I think it’s fairly accurate but no malerion for another 3 years seems like a kinda large wait. I do see gw shifting from adding new factions to focusing on expanding the ones they have already released, but putting the slaanesh breaking out plotline on hold for so long seems kinda strange to me.

Edited by lskupien926
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Oh look a 4chan rumor.

20240306_142941.jpg

Which Beasts of Chaos kits would be getting moved to Slaves to Darkness? Can't see how that would make sense. As others have said, this feels like someone gathering together scraps and making a patchwork quilt

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

*ominous latin chorus intensifies*

Estuans interius ira vehementi (repeat once more)

Krethusa!

Veni, veni, venias, ne me mori faci—— noli me cogere lumineth! 🥴 

Latin in school and having fought Sephiroth several times over all these years finally paid off!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Which Beasts of Chaos kits would be getting moved to Slaves to Darkness? Can't see how that would make sense. As others have said, this feels like someone gathering together scraps and making a patchwork quilt

I've always assumed Theridons are the replacements for Bullgors

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

image.png.7655bb8042b11a9b06eb0a5777b3f700.png

Morathi despises any males, she pretty much makes any males born to them weakened, stupid, they are often uses as sacrifices, their blood is drained for their riturals etc. Warlocks however are naturally born as warlocks and this means her magic has no power over them so she hates them most of all since she can not control them as much as the others.

Krethusa offers them a way to get away from Morathi who despises them and treates them horribly.  It is also why her abilities can work on Shadowstalkers and Shadeborn as they also have some male models that are warlocks.

Thanks for sharing your expertise on the subject, it was an interesting read! 🏆

I can’t help myself: imagine the shitstorm if GW had one of their male characters hate women and create inferior specimens! 🤭 Some individuals with bright hair would pop some veins for sure! 🤣 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

warlocks are all part of the male-underclass in DOK, so if Krethusa is promising/seeing a better way than Morathi's cult, it makes sense anyone in the underclasses would join her. so yea, sensible continuation for DOK! but it's also pretty clearly to get rid of old model stock.

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

I've always assumed Theridons are the replacements for Bullgors

Exactly. The only new kits that BoC have had would be the Herdstone and the Beastlord - neither of which fit Slaves to Darkness

54 minutes ago, Aramis said:

"two cities will rise, but one will fall before the end"

and that shadow over the city reference from vol2

Are we wondering if neither of the crusades will fail, but it's actually the city of Phoenicium that will fall?

Taking with it the last remains of the old High Elf range, which will all return in TOW.

this was my thought today too! exciting to see what happens

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

warlocks are all part of the male-underclass in DOK, so if Krethusa is promising/seeing a better way than Morathi's cult, it makes sense anyone in the underclasses would join her. so yea, sensible continuation for DOK! but it's also pretty clearly to get rid of old model stock.

So there was more wisdom to my army of simps remark than I anticipated. 🤔 Nice, I‘m wise like Hansel and really, really good-looking like Derek then. I‘m amazing, and most of all modest! 😎👍

Genuinely im wondering how they will release malerions faction, because it stands to reason it would be around the same time slaanesh breaks free, because slaanesh breaking free is like a new edition level of event, yet it would be stormcast in the starter box so malerions faction would need to be released before that

• Like 1

Just now, lskupien926 said:

Genuinely im wondering how they will release malerions faction, because it stands to reason it would be around the same time slaanesh breaks free, because slaanesh breaking free is like a new edition level of event, yet it would be stormcast in the starter box so malerions faction would need to be released before that

Perhaps it will be in a cool new series of events like Dawnbringers? Then they could build it up!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I can’t help myself: imagine the shitstorm if GW had one of their male characters hate women and create inferior specimens! 🤭 Some individuals with bright hair would pop some veins for sure! 🤣 

you do understand violent misogyny is still a rampant problem IRL right? and DOK's gimmick is essentially "what if the tables turned and women oppressed men back" right?

it would be a shitstorm because it wouldn't be fantastical, compelling, or funny. it's fine if you want to be a heel (the wrestling role) on the forum, but come on now.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1