The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, tkt32583 said:

Great point. I just called them up and reserved a few, but they said you can buy a fair few (subject to availability). I wouldn't wanna go overboard though, just in case I get a few weird looks.

For anyone interested, they are available until Sunday, then they will be stopping the sell of them.

🙃I thought they were supposed to be there always. Still was a nice surprise as it was supposed to be for sale for the first time at Adepticon.

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Okay, one's a good apple then. :)

But I get your frustration as well... I dropped many messages. One says "I am here, ask what you need". Once others outside of the UK asked for stuff, then he edited that it was sending UK only. So it is a bit frustrating, but look at it on the bright side. At least we have chances to try getting them without having to pay for scalpers...

I have seen someones talking about Scourge Privateers doom. So, why GW didn't refresh this part of CoS Aelves for give it to IDK with the Darkling Coven joinning Malerion ?

I have found this idea cool for a Idoneth second wave too.

1 minute ago, Danaork said:

I have seen someones talking about Scourge Privateers doom. So, why GW didn't refresh this part of CoS Aelves for give it to IDK with the Darkling Coven joinning Malerion ?

Personally there will only be a doom for them if Dark Elves appear in The Old World. This is probably years away, so I wouldn't worry. If it does happen, they I would either expect a reimagining or drafted into a new concept, but we may be in 5th or 6th edition then! :D

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But I get your frustration as well... I dropped many messages. One says "I am here, ask what you need". Once others outside of the UK asked for stuff, then he edited that it was sending UK only. So it is a bit frustrating, but look at it on the bright side. At least we have chances to try getting them without having to pay for scalpers...

You also have the chance to win the lottery though. Or get cancer. I mean, I get it, a positive outlook is a good thing to have but frankly that group serves those that least need it. At least they‘re all in the UK, us outsiders can‘t even make a short trip there, so we have it much harder to get one. I‘m not gonna be thankful for being ignored or at best get told they‘re too lazy to send it outside the UK like one dude told me.

It‘s okay, I don‘t really need it despite digging it but event-exclusive minis are simply lame as heck, always have been. If I went the ebay route, I‘d pay something like 65 gbp for a single small mini. Not gonna happen. They gotta keep it then and find someone else.

I might sound like Aesop‘s fox now to people but I‘ve got a way too high opinion of myself to beg for some mini and be happy I get to beg or pay a ridiculous amount.  I‘m not even bitter, it‘s about the principle - that annoys me much more than not getting the mini per se. Agreeableness is not always good for the soul. 🎻

• Like 3

Totally get the grumpiness around event miniatures and availability outside UK. My advice is to write a constructive email to uk.custserv@gwplc.com and ask them about it. Say you would love to have an option to get one of these and explain where you are.

I'm sure if enough people write in and write in a constructive way (use common sense here please!!!), you can make them aware about the demand for such models.

Anyway, back to rumours....

image.png.85e95c94e9e8d30232b89457dd9e7134.png

image.png.363f9970788513f86172392b8b0b768d.png image.png.dde43a76e43d612559205aa1be16fd64.png

More heavy boxes going to US. Might be 4th edition or might be something silly like Space Marine branded shampoo. Who knows? :D 

PS it looks fine on my monitor, so squint a bit ;) 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

12 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Totally get the grumpiness around event miniatures and availability outside UK. My advice is to write a constructive email to uk.custserv@gwplc.com and ask them about it. Say you would love to have an option to get one of these and explain where you are.

I'm sure if enough people write in and write in a constructive way (use common sense here please!!!), you can make them aware about the demand for such models.

Anyway, back to rumours....

image.png.85e95c94e9e8d30232b89457dd9e7134.png

image.png.363f9970788513f86172392b8b0b768d.png image.png.dde43a76e43d612559205aa1be16fd64.png

More heavy boxes going to US. Might be 4th edition or might be something silly like Space Marine branded shampoo. Who knows? :D 

PS it looks fine on my monitor, so squint a bit ;) 

It is not about your monitor, is the image compression that TGA applies that makes it loose enough quality to make it hard to read, but the second and third images make the tricky. Thanks!

And I agree, our big boxes are being moved.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

🙃I thought they were supposed to be there always. Still was a nice surprise as it was supposed to be for sale for the first time at Adepticon.

Warhammer World is always an odd one for event models. With conventions they have a set slot of time to make sales in then it's time to pack up and vacate the premises. Warhamer World on the other hand is a permanent GW store, so if they've had an event there then they could pack up the exclusives and take them away to the warehouse again, but why bother getting staff to do that when they'll sell over the next couple of weeks anyway. It's also pretty much next to the actual factory itself so it's not hard to get them there at short notice for the event, whereas things like conventions and expos require much more forward planning. So you end up with this really weird scenario that has more event models available than usual but with no guaranteed supply levels at the event of afterwards.

Like the Space Marine Company Champion from a couple years ago was one they had a few left after an event and it sold out to one tourist the next day who walked in and just dropped the money to buy a couple dozen of them so they could take them home to sell.

49 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You also have the chance to win the lottery though. Or get cancer. I mean, I get it, a positive outlook is a good thing to have but frankly that group serves those that least need it. At least they‘re all in the UK, us outsiders can‘t even make a short trip there, so we have it much harder to get one. I‘m not gonna be thankful for being ignored or at best get told they‘re too lazy to send it outside the UK like one dude told me.

It‘s okay, I don‘t really need it despite digging it but event-exclusive minis are simply lame as heck, always have been. If I went the ebay route, I‘d pay something like 65 gbp for a single small mini. Not gonna happen. They gotta keep it then and find someone else.

I might sound like Aesop‘s fox now to people but I‘ve got a way too high opinion of myself to beg for some mini and be happy I get to beg or pay a ridiculous amount.  I‘m not even bitter, it‘s about the principle - that annoys me much more than not getting the mini per se. Agreeableness is not always good for the soul. 🎻

Except event exclusive items are really good at driving engagement with your product, be they tournament promos, or convention exclusives etc. They foster an interest in the game beyond it being something people just horde. I get it's frustrating to not get something but end of the day they serve a really good purpose in the hobby ecosystem.

And the loot group does help with that. It might suck to have not got what you're after but as someone who has been part of the group for years they do a lot to ensure rare stuff gets to people who are after it, event minis, especially after the first time they've been available, are just one of those areas where there's more chance of being disappointed than not.

I too get frustrated concerning event minis and think we as a community here should start our own "Not For Profit, For The Player" thread to help each other out. 

I myself may be going to adepticon as it's only a 7 hr drive from me and if I do I was going to throw up a thread asking y'all what you may want to help out the forum fam. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

36 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Except event exclusive items are really good at driving engagement with your product, be they tournament promos, or convention exclusives etc. They foster an interest in the game beyond it being something people just horde. I get it's frustrating to not get something but end of the day they serve a really good purpose in the hobby ecosystem.

Living in the US, there are pitifully few GW stores and it’s common to live hours away from the closest one to you. The exclusive miniatures do not drive positive engagement, only frustration. I’m confident many other countries are similar.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Danaork said:

It's definitely a better idea than other I've seen here from time to time (crabs... 🙄). Idoneth are the ultimate strike and fade force and I really hope that the inevitable second wave focuses on this aspect of the faction - weird, swift predatory creatures from the deep layers of the sea & grim elves specialized in ambush and dealing quick death.

29 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I too get frustrated concerning event minis and think we as a community here should start our own "Not For Profit, For The Player" thread to help each other out. 

I myself may be going to adepticon as it's only a 7 hr drive from me and if I do I was going to throw up a thread asking y'all what you may want to help out the forum fam. 

"Only 7hr drive". I think I could cross my whole country, from top to bottom, in that time 😄

• Haha 11

52 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Whitefang reacted to some posts in the thread but no reaction regarding potential duradin wave 😢

I think we are little bit to obsessed with his likes. His likes were purely hobby related and not rumour related. 😉 

I think we will know a lot more in two weeks. Personally I am hoping that the axe is for a TOW dwarf. But seems unlikely as none of the other rumours the last couple of years had anything to do with TOW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I think we are little bit to obsessed with his likes. His likes were purely hobby related and not rumour related. 😉 

I think we will know a lot more in two weeks. Personally I am hoping that the axe is for a TOW dwarf. But seems unlikely as none of the other rumours the last couple of years had anything to do with TOW.

I think it’s a previously unreleased dwarf for TOW too. The design is dwarfish, not duardin and the blade is pretty thick by modern sculpting standards. Either that or it’s Grombindal for WD500.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Could the armies that got squatted early AoS signal future army refreshes?

Grand Alliance Destruction contained regular grots and got removed 2nd edition. Start of 3rd we got Kruleboyz as their successors. Same story with Lumineth and high elves. So we have any other factions similar to this like Wanderers that might get future updates in 4th edition.

And what other factions got removed after the grand alliance books?

Bretonnians -> Stormcast

Tomb Kings -> Bonereapers

Wanderers -> Kurnothi?

Phoenix Temple -> Tyrion phoenix guard?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Could the armies that got squatted early AoS signal future army refreshes?

Grand Alliance Destruction contained regular grots and got removed 2nd edition. Start of 3rd we got Kruleboyz as their successors. Same story with Lumineth and high elves. So we have any other factions similar to this like Wanderers that might get future updates in 4th edition.

And what other factions got removed after the grand alliance books?

It feels like most armies have been reimagined lOOSELY from old versions. 

Cities = Empire 

Sylvaneth = Wood Elves

Ironjawz = Black Orcs 

Idoneth/Daughters = Dark Elves 

Lumineth = High Elves

Bonereapers = Tomb Kings 

Soulblight = Vampire Counts 

Seraphon = Lizardmen

Slaves = Warriors of Chaos 

Gloomspite = Goblins 

Fyreslayers/Kharadron = Dwarfs 

Then I'm on the fence if Kruleboyz is supposed to be the reimagining of Bonesplittaz. They kind of share a similar design space with monsters and being more savage and primitive. 

This leaves 

Skaven - Who is getting their update soon. 

Brayherd Beastmen - Which has already been morphed into Beast of Chaos seems to be the one we all aren't sure of. I for one feel like they will probably get a complete redesign and how close or far they go from the original design remains to be seen. I for one think they might get roped into whatever the Chaos Dwarves wind up becoming. 

Ogre Kingdoms - Already renamed to Ogre Mawtribes. They already kind of live in this two armies in one space with the gutbusters and beastclaw. I'll be interested in what direction they go 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It would be nice to open up to other countries even if it's just opening up orders online when it is no longer the exclusive model for that year. As pictures showed they have event minis from the past few years so looks like it could be possible to do.

Sometimes I grab stuff for a friend in Sweden. Think they only have 2 GW stores in the whole country and events with event minis aren't exactly ran there so sending stuff over to him is one of the only ways to get it outside of paying mad prices from scalpels

10 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

It would be nice to open up to other countries even if it's just opening up orders online when it is no longer the exclusive model for that year. As pictures showed they have event minis from the past few years so looks like it could be possible to do.

Sometimes I grab stuff for a friend in Sweden. Think they only have 2 GW stores in the whole country and events with event minis aren't exactly ran there so sending stuff over to him is one of the only ways to get it outside of paying mad prices from scalpels

My advice is to write a constructive email to uk.custserv@gwplc.com and ask them about it. Say you would love to have an option to get one of these and explain where you are.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Gaz Taylor Or perhaps a petition backed back TGA would hold more sway than a few rando emails. 

I've only ever gotten typical corpo bull💩 replies to an questions I've ever asked. 

I don't think a petition would do much. Lots of people emailing "I want those models but it's difficult for me to get. Make it easier for me to buy them" will probably have more sway on a company selling stuff for a living ;) 

• Like 4