The Rumour Thread

It's probably just that I play Death factions, but the description for Dawnbringers 5 feels really light on content compared to book 4.  Hopefully we get a preview on the strongpoint assault rules this week, that might turn my initial impression around.

Dawnbringers AND a New Callis and Toll novel!? Im still making my way through Dawnbringers IV after its late shipping and am away on holidays this week!! So much narrative to devour when I return!! PRAISE BEHEMAT!!*

Edited for heresy.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Mawpit seperate but still no seperate gorgers & wildercorps plus no Pyre and Flood is surprising.

Gotta say though... Callis and Tolls is so tempting. I was tempted to pass on it after seeing the gorgeous new Darkoaths but... why not both?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Mawpit seperate but still no seperate gorgers & wildercorps plus no Pyre and Flood is surprising.

Gotta say though... Callis and Tolls is so tempting. I was tempted to pass on it after seeing the gorgeous new Darkoaths but... why not both?

Mawpit and other Warcry terrain is gonna be online only if I am not wrong

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Dawnbringers AND a New Callis and Toll novel!? Im still making my way thriigh Dawnbringers IV after its late shipping and am away on holidays this week!! So much narrative to devour when I return!! PRAISE SIGMAR!!

SIGMAR?!?!?! @KingBrodd how could you betray the forces of Death and Destruction by praising the True Lightning Thief?!

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Dawnbringers AND a New Callis and Toll novel!? Im still making my way thriigh Dawnbringers IV after its late shipping and am away on holidays this week!! So much narrative to devour when I return!! PRAISE SIGMAR!!

And in one month, month and a half as much I would say, Dawnbringers VI!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Haha, happy how fast that article answered our terrain questions. xD 

Very happy it’s other older Gnarlwoods Warcry terrain too. I need to keep building up my Nightmare Quest box.

Busy week tho. Since Spearhead is set to replace older collection kits I might quickly grab the OG Stormcast starter before it gets replaced.

Otherwise yeah, need those 2 AoS books, the Saviors of Cinderfall and either the SCE or CoS box.

Lastly, very nice Loremasters is going over Shadespire city again. We need a narrative going back there. The soul of a city ripped out and flung into the void full of undead, ancient soul-housing empire secrets, magic glass and anti-magic nullstone deposits it collects while floating in the void is ripe for more stories and campaign sets. 🏙️ 👻 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Who’s the other 2 ? Archaon ands Belakor’s boys ?

Maybe they’ll react today and instead of them at Adepticon we’ll get the 4th edition reveal 😌

If last year was anything to go off of we’ll get both the final minis for Dawnbringers and the announcement of 4th ed. 

And hopefully the Cronoseer box isn’t too pricey, I could add that to my little DoK pile of opportunity quite nicely.

• Thanks 1

I can't wait for the Pyre and Flood box. I'm on the verge of organizing a nice Warcry day/mini tournament for friends, and one has been waiting for a dedicated Nighthaunt warband for a looong time now.

Bring on more Warcry GW! Still 2 unrevealed warbands left this edition, so hurry up and release the revealed ones already!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I can't wait for the Pyre and Flood box. I'm on the verge of organizing a nice Warcry day/mini tournament for friends, and one has been waiting for a dedicated Nighthaunt warband for a looong time now.

Bring on more Warcry GW! Still 2 unrevealed warbands left this edition, so hurry up and release the revealed ones already!

I can't wait to see these warbands. I am so happy with how is Warcry going.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Warcry has been my favourite game so far. Really hoping the new warbands are shown off at Adepticon. My dream is to have an Idoneth warband. Love Idoneth, but I've already got a couple of armies for AoS I am focusing and gave up on them a while back plus they don't seem that great in Warcry (excluding Akhelian King, our hero), so having a dedicated warband for them would be ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, Snarff said:

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

15 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Warcry has been my favourite game so far

Me too. Warcry for me is THE top GW game of the post-AOS era, aesthetic- and rules-wise.

Next season, GW should even the kits that are like KT and Chameleons/Gorgers (i.e., kits for a "proper" new AOS/40k unit, including skirmish options), and "bespoke" Warcry kits (its creativity shared with Underworld for crazy new concepts). 

And I'm sure we'll get a Catacombs 2D game mode again. 

Speaking of the end of current season, I'm looking forward for the future Chaos warbands hopefully announced at Adepticon 2024 (surely at least one of the last two mystery warbands :P).

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tbh thinking on the latest story for Dawnbringer with the Changeling it could be fun to have a warband with Arcanites disguised, a mix of human cultists as chaff and Tzaangors & sorcerers, perhaps some of the models having their true forms being revealed,

• Like 1

Has the Warcry scenery been available before (not the mawpit, I know where that's from)? 

I've bought every box from the Ghur themed Warcry season and pretty sure I don't have that terrain. 

45 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Those two warbands seem would be the content for Adepticon.

Nice to see the Spearheads coming up on order. I asked about them the other day as I plan on getting the Cities box. If this will be the AoS version of 40k's Combat Patrol, then I can see them wanting to pump out the majority of faction Spearheads so they are available with the release of AoS 4th. 

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

SIGMAR?!?!?! @KingBrodd how could you betray the forces of Death and Destruction by praising the True Lightning Thief?!

I may have had an ale or two at the time and this heinous act has been rectified!!

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

And in one month, month and a half as much I would say, Dawnbringers VI!

Im so damn hyped for all the lore!!

50 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

55 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Warcry releases are some of mt favourite minis. Units that beed updatinf for Factions are being done here and brilliantly so.

Im really hoping for a Idoneth Warband!! MORE COMBAT CRABS!!

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Me too. Warcry for me is THE top GW game of the post-AOS era, aesthetic- and rules-wise.

Next season, GW should even the kits that are like KT and Chameleons/Gorgers (i.e., kits for a "proper" new AOS/40k unit, including skirmish options), and "bespoke" Warcry kits (its creativity shared with Underworld for crazy new concepts). 

And I'm sure we'll get a Catacombs 2D game mode again. 

Speaking of the end of current season, I'm looking forward for the future Chaos warbands hopefully announced at Adepticon 2024 (surely at least one of the last two mystery warbands :P).

Slaaneshi realm-specific cultists would complete* the Old Four treatment, but I genuinely await more wacky ones, like human cultists of the Great Horned Rat (who doesn't care about them, but they still bring ruination in its name).

* Not for me. I want a smorgasbord of Chaos cults (multiple, more than the approaches so far!) from each and every realm.