The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

So hopefully the Pyre and Flood box is announced for pre order tomorrow. It does kind of feel with the recent Painting masterclasses being for dogs (Wildercorps solo release) then the next week being Nighthaunt that it has to be soon.

We still need news on what the next warbands will be, especially since even the roadmap didn't announce which grand alliance they would represent, so a lot to speculate but realised one thing they could do now (doubt it for the next one since Wildercorps was pretty recent) is a Darkling Coven or Disposessed warband now that cities have split in to 3. Honestly the idea is quite exciting and hopefully rumour engines eventually point towards it.

I think tomorrow is either Warcry or Kill Team, and next week Dawnbringers 5.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think tomorrow is either Warcry or Kill Team, and next week Dawnbringers 5.

I don't have any info regarding exact release dates this time, but I know that the Saviours of Cinderfall boxes are already out in the wild, so I won't be surprised if it's Dawnbringers 5 tomorrow 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, Elarin said:

I don't have any info regarding exact release dates this time, but I know that the Saviours of Cinderfall boxes are already out in the wild, so I won't be surprised if it's Dawnbringers 5 tomorrow 

Uh, if that's the case and they announce it tomorrow then we could see more stuff than I initially thought from Book VI on the Warhammer World Day reveals.

38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Uh, if that's the case and they announce it tomorrow then we could see more stuff than I initially thought from Book VI on the Warhammer World Day reveals.

I mean don't they basically have to announce all the book vi stuff at warhammer world day if 4th edition will be at adepticon? or is adepticon usually just a teaser?

14 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I mean don't they basically have to announce all the book vi stuff at warhammer world day if 4th edition will be at adepticon? or is adepticon usually just a teaser?

It tends to be just a teaser.

Last year we had 40k 10th ed trailer, a Termi miniature and a Termagant miniature and all the Lion book stuff, which was the last one:

Warhammer Preview Online at AdeptiCon 2023 – All of Today’s Massive Reveals - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

So hopefully the Pyre and Flood box is announced for pre order tomorrow. It does kind of feel with the recent Painting masterclasses being for dogs (Wildercorps solo release) then the next week being Nighthaunt that it has to be soon.

We still need news on what the next warbands will be, especially since even the roadmap didn't announce which grand alliance they would represent, so a lot to speculate but realised one thing they could do now (doubt it for the next one since Wildercorps was pretty recent) is a Darkling Coven or Disposessed warband now that cities have split in to 3. Honestly the idea is quite exciting and hopefully rumour engines eventually point towards it.

Darkling Covens Warband would be absolutely awesome!! Duardin? EVEN MORE AWESOME!!

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

Oh mate I just got Book IV in the mail, reading IV and V back to back would be epic!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

My bet on the next Underworld CoS warband would be a Collegiate Arcane one. I don't expect Elvens or Duardins until they can get a proper wave to sum on those warbands.

For Warcry, following the same logic, I would go for Flagellants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

My bet on the next Underworld CoS warband would be a Collegiate Arcane one. I don't expect Elvens or Duardins until they can get a proper wave to sum on those warbands.

Ngl a Collegiate Arcane team sounds awesome. Be good to see some updated wizards.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This would be super cool and useful!

CoS might get another Warcry warband but it’s probably not this year- Warcry (Since 1st Edition) hasn’t done a repeat bespoke so far and there are still 8/9/10 factions without one (Kharadron, Idoneth, Sylvaneth for Order, Gloomspite, Ironjawz, and Bonesplittaz for Destruction if they aren’t squatted, Bonereapers are the last Death faction without one, and Chaos still needs Beasts (Same condition as Bonesplittaz), Slaanesh, and Skaven. 

50 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

CoS might get another Warcry warband but it’s probably not this year- Warcry (Since 1st Edition) hasn’t done a repeat bespoke so far and there are still 8/9/10 factions without one (Kharadron, Idoneth, Sylvaneth for Order, Gloomspite, Ironjawz, and Bonesplittaz for Destruction if they aren’t squatted, Bonereapers are the last Death faction without one, and Chaos still needs Beasts (Same condition as Bonesplittaz), Slaanesh, and Skaven. 

Im going with Kurnothi vs either Bonereapers or Spiderfang (based on Warcry map symbols)

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about Duarding Covens then?

image.png.100c9841c98e4868e5aa91d898e89768.png

give to aelves some human X duardin tech, give duardin magic and mount? i'm all for it. so many possibilities...

(i fear that cities aelves regroup with krethusa in DoK, same for duardin leaving cities for another faction).

Edited by Freemeta
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Today it's Sunday preview day! I don't expect a lot of things to go for preorders as of yet tho. It's too early for kroots, dawnbrigners 5 and orks have all the papers for a Warhammer World preview. Perhaps it is finally time for the Solar Auxilia to shine?

24 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Today it's Sunday preview day! I don't expect a lot of things to go for preorders as of yet tho. It's too early for kroots, dawnbrigners 5 and orks have all the papers for a Warhammer World preview. Perhaps it is finally time for the Solar Auxilia to shine?

I don't think we'll see SA yet, they probably still have stuff to reveal and I wouldn't expect the army set before everything is shown off.

Kill Team, Warcry, Underworlds are probably more likely, with Kill Team the highest since the Night Lords half of the next box where revealed back in November already.

Legions Imperialis could also get some more stuff, not necessarily the new stuff that gets their rules with the book released next Saturday but the old Titanicus and Aeronautica kits from the core book that still haven't been rereleased.
Especially the missing Titans/Knights and the two discount boxes announced back in August would make sense since the newest book has a rules portion specifically about Titan/Knight battles.

Edited by Matrindur

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Going with BoC vs Spiderfang now for the last one, i changed my mind.

20240122_1444083.jpg.49836fe3fb224db8e7b777ea65565209.jpg

Most of the symbols are explained by previous Warcry/Underworlds books, even the Spider one is explained and It is an empty location. The two new factions must be new without relation to previous symbols.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I don't think we'll see SA yet, they probably still have stuff to reveal and I wouldn't expect the army set before everything is shown off.

Kill Team, Warcry, Underworlds are probably more likely, with Kill Team the highest since the Night Lords half of the next box where revealed back in November already.

Legions Imperialis could also get some more stuff, not necessarily the new stuff that gets their rules with the book released next Saturday but the old Titanicus and Aeronautica kits from the core book that still haven't been rereleased.
Especially the missing Titans/Knights and the two discount boxes announced back in August would make sense since the newest book has a rules portion specifically about Titan/Knight battles.

Or some MTO for TOW so they clear all the pending stuff before next month's reveals?

10 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

That's a good point, and it gives even more strength to my guess of Flagellants as part of Warcry. We could change the setting to somewhere where a Flagellants band makes more sense. Or even where Duardins fit better, if we go to Chamon, and they release the mixed races wave some time after that warband.

28 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Most of the symbols are explained by previous Warcry/Underworlds books, even the Spider one is explained and It is an empty location. The two new factions must be new without relation to previous symbols.

This makes me sad for most of these factions, though on the other hand it might make a slaanesh warband more likely. If so, I'd imagine them in a box with idoneth or DoK?